Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 What is your guilty food pleasure?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic What is your guilty food pleasure? Next Topic
Page: of 2

1Anne
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Anne
Lebanon CT
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2017 :  1:29:42 PM  Show Profile
My sweet tooth favors many things, but I think ice cream tops the list. I just finished a seasonal favorite - black licorice ice cream from Shady Glen (Bolton & Manchester, CT). Soooo different and soooo good!!! I am patiently (really??!) waiting for their mince ice cream at Thanksgiving!!!! Krista, I am also a big fan of good key lime pie!!! :-) Anne

Yes, in God I trust.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6677 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6677 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2017 :  12:03:26 PM  Show Profile
Nicole- I agree! Home made macaroni and cheese is delicious. It's one of my families favorites and my husband asks for it all the time. I also love chocolate chip cookies but I only really like them when they are warm, gooey, and fresh from the oven. I don't care for them once they are cooled and hard.

Candy- It sounds like you have the perfect meal!

Anne- You are brave! I hate black licorice. I can't even handle the smell. It's weird. What is mince ice cream? Key lime pie sounds really good right now. Wish I had a slice to eat.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

1Anne
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Anne
Lebanon CT
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2017 :  2:21:53 PM  Show Profile
Krista, mince ice cream tastes like mince pie without the crust. If you love mince pie, the ultimate is mince pie topped with mince ice cream!!! I'd better go run an extra mile - I can see the mince calories coming!!! :-0 Anne

Yes, in God I trust.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6677 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6677 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2017 :  11:46:04 AM  Show Profile
Anne, I can't say I have ever had it. Looks like I have a new treat to try! Same here! There are major calories coming with the holidays! I better run a few extra miles!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17017 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17017 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2017 :  2:46:54 PM  Show Profile
Today... Cream beef on toast... or as daddy called it when he was in the Army... S.O.S. aka... 'something ' on a shingle'... (to be polite).. Lol!
and braggingly, I must say... my daddy made the Best SOS...
usually with hamburger meat and on occasions when budget permitted he would buy the little jar of thin sliced spicy meat to use inplace of the hamburger.
oh how I wish daddy were here... to make up a batch for us.
My exposure while growing up, to foods, was quite interesting ...
with a dad from Mississippi and a mother from Germany...
you just never knew what was for dinner ... if dad was cooking... it could be 'Chitterlings'... and if mom was in the kitchen... it could be 'Schnitzle'... but trust me... it was fabulous either way.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Nov 15 2017 2:51:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6677 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6677 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2017 :  1:06:06 PM  Show Profile
I had that a few times while growing up and my parents use to call it the same thing as your dad! Funny how the works. Wow it's been forever since I had that. Now I need to call my mom and schedule a dinner date!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2017 :  07:22:09 AM  Show Profile
If you love salty/sweet things, I just wanted to say that I came across an item at Wal-Mart that you should NOT get. It's Lay's chocolate coated potato chips. Don't buy it because you WILL eat the entire bag. Fortunately, it is a small bag. I have always wanted to dip tater chips or Fritos in chocolate. I never did it because I suspected I'd eat the entire batch.

Suspicion confirmed.

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.blog
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6677 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6677 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2017 :  11:20:11 AM  Show Profile
Amanda, I haven't heard of these chips before. I will definitely have to keep my eye out for them and give them a try. They sound very interesting so I'm glad they come in a small bag just in case I don't like them. I bet my boys will enjoy them though!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2017 :  4:54:11 PM  Show Profile
I had never seen them before. Our WM doesn't have them; I was in another town. We all loved them, though!

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.blog
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6677 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6677 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2017 :  11:26:14 AM  Show Profile
I told my husband about them so he's going to keep an eye out too. I have to go to Walmart to get a couple last minute things for Thanksgiving. I'll have to check while I'm there.

Krista
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic What is your guilty food pleasure? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page