msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2017 :  07:58:22 AM  Show Profile

Last week, I ordered the Get Acquainted Sampler. Why I have waited seven years to order this, I have no clue. Anyhoo, we were going to a friend's house on Saturday and I was scrolling through MJ's Pinterest page for dessert recipes. I found the raspberry strudel recipe and then saw it requires the budget mix, and my box had yet to arrive. So instead, I made the Saturday cake (located in that tiny MJF book that came with the magnet set several years back), and as I'm making it, a horn honks.

It's the mail lady with my MJF box! I was soooo excited! So I fairly immediately tear open the Kettle Chili mix (almost with my teeth...I was that hungry), and ate some for lunch. SO GOOD. Then yesterday, I made Panbread pizza with kale, bacon, red onion, and mozzarella. Mmmmmm! I'm making biscuits today. I'll definitely be ordering more of this!

The instant meals are really just that. About ten minutes, and you have a yummy meal. There are times when I am tired and cranky and we get fast food. And it isn't as though we live in town. Soooo, I figure if, instead, I do the instant meals, I'm saving time AND money, right? ;) That's my theory, anyway! Plus, they are much more nutritious, of course! Win/win/win.

Then Sunday (yesterday), I was able to work on my brick path, plant two flats of pansies and violas, and a few more plants. Definitely a Farmgirl kind of weekend!

Hope you had a good weekend, too!

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.blog

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2017 :  12:37:47 PM  Show Profile
It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. All that food you made sounds so delicious. I love eating the instant meals, especially for lunch since my house is so crazy around that time and my boys enjoy them just as much as I do. I grew up with MaryJane's food and still to this day I have my favorites and know exactly how they smell! Enjoy all the new special treats!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2017 :  8:17:36 PM  Show Profile
I really did, Krista! And this morning, I made biscuits with the Budget mix. They were every bit as good as my homemade variety and I was sure happy with that! My daughter has been begging for more of the red pesto pasta, and in fact, just polished off the rest of the bag. Both of us shared it for lunch and there were still leftovers. I think they will really come in handy for those crazy times when no one wants to cook! I'm making my order right now.

:D

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.blog
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2017 :  11:53:15 AM  Show Profile
Love the red pesto pasta! My favorite is the chillimac. If you haven't tried that one yet add it to your list. I find myself craving it frequently!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2017 :  7:57:22 PM  Show Profile
I have not! I can't eat much pasta (it makes me sooooo sleepy!), but that does sound yummy. I think it might be in the assortment pack I just bought, but I can't remember. ;)

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.blog
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2017 :  11:47:41 AM  Show Profile
I am kind of addicted to pasta! You will have to let me know what you think when you try it!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2017 :  12:02:22 PM  Show Profile
I sure will! I used to eat it all of the time, but I think the carbs make me super sleepy for whatever reason? It's weird!

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.blog
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2017 :  11:26:56 AM  Show Profile
It's very possible. They do seem to "weigh" me down sometimes, so I totally get how they make you tired.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2017 :  11:28:07 AM  Show Profile
Oh by the way, I love your farmhouse sign! It catches my attention every time I open this thread!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2017 :  6:37:48 PM  Show Profile
You know, that's funny because I have waited about four years to find the 'perfect' sign just for my kitchen! Last week, I walked into Hobby Lobby and I saw that sign and said, "Yep, that's THE ONE." It helped that it was 50% off, too! I also bought one that says, "Hey Y'all", and then an "Eat Local" one that has my birthday on it! Naturally, I had to get that one. haha

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.blog
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2017 :  06:48:36 AM  Show Profile
Amanda, you did indeed have a wonderful MJF weekend! I like your Farmhouse sign too for your kitchen!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2017 :  08:33:46 AM  Show Profile
I did! Thank you, Winnie. It makes me happy every time I walk into the kitchen. :D

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.blog
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2017 :  12:26:59 PM  Show Profile
I feel it's a perfect fit too. It gives off the perfect vibe. And yes I agree! 50 percent off totally makes it even better! I have only been to Hobby Lobby once and it's a fabulous but dangerous store. I remember seeing so many wall decor and signs I wanted. Luckily I was able to restrain myself!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2017 :  5:01:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh Krista...it is very, very dangerous. I just bought a bunch of jewelry making things (50% off, of course), too. Hahaha! They really, truly have EVERYTHING crafty. I love it.

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.blog
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2017 :  11:52:46 AM  Show Profile
I loved their yarn selection! I'm addicted to yarn. I need to get me some of these coupons so I won't be afraid to go back!!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2017 :  7:19:16 PM  Show Profile
Yes! I did sign up for the email newsletter so I'll know when to go. 99 cent pattern day will be one I'll hit up! And you can always get 40% off a single regularly priced item. You can either pull it up on your phone, or you can print it from home. :D

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.blog
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2017 :  11:12:56 AM  Show Profile
Awesome I'll sign up for that so I can start getting some perks!

Krista
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic It was a MJF kind of weekend! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page