Bleeni
True Blue Farmgirl

136 Posts

Aimee
Jefferson Maine
USA
136 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2017 :  12:21:27 PM  Show Profile
Yes, to all blessed and peaceful New Year!

Bleeni
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2017 :  7:32:56 PM  Show Profile
Happiest and most blessed New Year to all of you!!! Thank you for amazing art swaps from talented fun ladies!!

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2018 :  10:43:22 AM  Show Profile
Happy New Year to you all! Hope your holidays were wonderful. Aimee, I sent you an email. Let me know if you didn't get it. Cheers to 2018!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Bleeni
True Blue Farmgirl

136 Posts

Aimee
Jefferson Maine
USA
136 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2018 :  04:15:07 AM  Show Profile
My December mail art went out yesterday-fingers crossed it makes it by twelfth night!
We, in Maine, are living in "Winter Wonderland"-although I'm not sure I'd call it wonderful after several days of minus 0 temps and a blizzrd tomorrow

Bleeni
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2018 :  05:33:38 AM  Show Profile
Yikes Aimee! That's not a winter wonderland, that's a winters nightmare!! Brrrr!!

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

meguira
True Blue Farmgirl

341 Posts

Marilou
Quebec
Canada
341 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2018 :  7:41:31 PM  Show Profile
I am so with you Aimee! We had a huge drop of temperature after Christmas (from -2 to -27 !?!). It was so freezing outside that our windows made frost and ice inside our home! Even with plastics on them!
Good luck with the blizzard... Be careful if your travels!
xxx
Go to Top of Page

jmcraftygal
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Jutta
Armstrong BC
Canada
118 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2018 :  8:50:02 PM  Show Profile
Happy New Year! We had it get down to -20C /-4F but no wind so it was okay.
Sat inside by the woodstove and enjoyed the sun through the windows.
Stay safe and warm every one!

Living a creative life.
http://craftygalscreations.blogspot.ca/
Go to Top of Page

saram
True Blue Farmgirl

521 Posts

Sara
Biggs CA
USA
521 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2018 :  7:23:26 PM  Show Profile
Aimee your box did indeed arrive by twelfth night, and all in one piece I am happy to report! Thank you so much! And it was completely thawed by the time it arrived on my 65-degree porch :-)Here I share the contents of the joyous package:

It is a hand painted ceramic tile done in alcohol paint and fire (?? You'll have to explain that one to me Aimee!!) an absolutely adorable needle-felted bluebird, and homemade notecards (always a useful gift!) Aimee and I also swapped fibers across the continent!

Just look how ADORABLE this sweet little thing is!! And she SO cleverly tied the bluebird into the theme by quoting the line in the popular holiday song: "Gone away is the bluebird...." So clever!

I love it all, Aimee, and you have inspired in me a desire to knit which I haven't had for quite a while! Let's just see what comes of it....

Go to Top of Page

Bleeni
True Blue Farmgirl

136 Posts

Aimee
Jefferson Maine
USA
136 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2018 :  06:53:45 AM  Show Profile
Sara!
I'm so glad it arrived by 12th night! ...and in one piece.
Google alcohol paint and fire, it's pretty cool (no pun intended).
If you need anymore of the wool do let me know.
Love,

Bleeni
Go to Top of Page

meguira
True Blue Farmgirl

341 Posts

Marilou
Quebec
Canada
341 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2018 :  7:30:17 PM  Show Profile
I want to say a huge thank-you to Dianna for such an amazing Mail Art. She sent me a wonderful Junk Mail! With paper clips, ephemera, plenty of space for collages, papers, tags... It is simply AMAZING! The fox on the cover is my personal favorite! I love it! She also sent me some yummy goodies that are already ate/drinked (piroulines, chocolate and hot cocoa). I thankfully sipped it after our huge snowstorm two days ago :) Thank you Dianna! You have amazing talent. You mentioned you were starting crafting Junk Journal, well, continue!!! They are fantastic!
Thanks again and hope you have a blessed January!
Marilou xxx

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2018 :  5:30:43 PM  Show Profile
I had a ball making it Marilou! I'm so happy you liked it! I coffee stained all the papers too! In fact this week I used purple cabbage water to make a beautiful set of 'lavender/blue' for an upcoming journal! It took a while to get there! Looks like everyone is going trough some sort of bad weather! JUST HAPPY IT MADE IT TO YOU!!! YOU have a great gifted art talent as well! I admire your beautiful art! Blessings for a wonderful January sister!!! You brought me joy today! HUGS!

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2018 :  12:46:00 PM  Show Profile
Holy Smokes Marilou were we o the same note or what??? I received my mail art this past week but unable to open and admire until today!!! (My cat suffered some sort of injury and he has been at the animal hospital twice in less than a week and cost me a PRETTY penny!!) Anyway, Marilou sent me a LOADED ENVELOPE and boy was it loaded with all kinds of goodies! My pictures won't do it justice I am sure but she did an AMAZING job creating it and all that was in it! Love it all marilou and I know it sounds crazy but just adore the deer!!! Thank you EVER SO MUCH for the beautiful card, the art and the memo on why you chose me for farmgirl sister of the month! I am truly honored my friend!

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2018 :  12:59:29 PM  Show Profile

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

meguira
True Blue Farmgirl

341 Posts

Marilou
Quebec
Canada
341 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2018 :  8:33:40 PM  Show Profile
I'm so happy you it finally reached you! I was hoping it would arrive before the end of January!!
We ere indeed aligned in our thinking! I'm so glad you liked everything! I had great pleasure crafting everything for you! It was something new for me and I had wanted to give it a try for some time so... I also love the deer too! When I saw them, I couldn't resist buying some! Hope you had a great month as our FGOTM. You are truly unique and kind and deserved it! xxx

Hope your cat is feeling better. Is he back at your home or still in the hospital?
(Just for you, a French translation: J'espère que ton chat va mieux. Est-il de retour chez toi ou encore à l'hôpital? :)

Have a nice week my friend,
xxx
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2018 :  2:52:17 PM  Show Profile
Hey Marilou, "Le chat" is in and out and it has been an emotional roller coaster! Thank you for asking, especially in French! si joliment parlé. I do so love the mail art and I hope you have an amazing week my far away farm sister! Thank you again for everything special you do and say!!

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farmgirl Mail Art: Previous Topic December 2017 Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page