Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Unbelievable 2017 - yet more prayers needed . . .
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Unbelievable 2017 - yet more prayers needed . . . Next Topic  

cyndieparz72
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Cyndie
Port Vue PA
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2017 :  9:42:31 PM  Show Profile
I honestly have NEVER wanted a year to end as bad as this one!

If you all could, my family would greatly appreciate yet a few more prayers for us right now.

Last Thursday night, My Sister in Law Susie, who is only 46, was rushed to the ER, apparently having been ill for a week. She had to be life flighted to another hospital in Pittsburgh - one of the best.

Apparently, she had a necrotic infection that she was keeping hidden from everyone that was literally eating her skin and tissue away in the "female" area of her body. Her kidneys also shut down. It is unknown as to the cause of the infection, but she did have a colonoscopy a week previous and was diagnosed with a fissure. It could have been that the fissure ruptured, or multitudes of other reasons.

She has been in the Surgical Trauma ICU since last Thursday, in a medically induced coma, on a ventilator and had to go through 8 surgeries so far trying to stop the infection - each one having to take more and more tissue.

Today, we got a bit of good news - They were able to take her off of the vent, at least in the interim, and was to have another surgery this evening. If all goes well (in surgery right now), she will be moved to a step down ICU unit, bring her out of the induced coma and we will be able to find out if the kidney damage is permanent and how extensive it is. Right now, her kidneys have only been putting out 100cc every two hours, which is actually good for her condition right now . . . but it has remained this way for 3 days and is not progressing.

In addition, once she is moved and they determine the extent of the damage to her kidneys, she will have to begin with re-constructive surgeries and skin grafts. She is in for QUITE a long haul, as this is not only catastrophic medically, but financially, as her health insurance is only 80/20 through her work . . . and it is unlikely that she will be able to return to work any time within the next year. She is going to need extensive physical rehab . . .and may have to go on disability depending on the extent of damage not yet determined. Lastly, the risk of infection from the upcoming skin grafts and re-construction surgeries is high.

My Sis In Law Susie is one of the SWEETEST women you would ever meet . . . except Susie has a big downfall - all she cares about is everyone else, at the cost of herself. She would do anything for anyone - strangers included. I came to find out from her Boss that apparently, she has been diabetic for almost 10 years, but she kept it hidden from the family because "she didn't want us to worry about her" (This infection is also known to be caused from diabetes.)

Any prayers you can spare would be greatly appreciated. We have about 8 churches who have circles going, but every lit bit helps.

Farmgirl #7407
“I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.” Hippolyte Taine

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2017 :  10:59:09 PM  Show Profile
Praying. take care

darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2017 :  05:24:52 AM  Show Profile
I know a Somali woman who used to work in her country as a nurse. She always says, "Never lie when it is about your body." Good advice.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2017 :  05:44:11 AM  Show Profile
Sending hugs, prayers and well wishes!

Jana

https://homemadewithhart.blogspot.com/
http://www.emhardt.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cjcraftsstudio

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6436 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6436 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2017 :  06:46:28 AM  Show Profile
Sending healing thoughts, prayers and love to your SIL and family Cyndie.
And to you as well, take care.

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

FGOTM, Septembe, 2012

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that!

http://shopus.longaberger.com/mountainwingslongabergerbaskets
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2017 :  12:30:44 PM  Show Profile
Gosh, Cyndie!

I will pray for Susie's healing. I hope she heals as quickly as possible.

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.blog
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2017 :  2:51:54 PM  Show Profile
Cyndie, I am so sorry to hear about Susie. Sending her prayers for healing.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Nana Shirl
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Shirley
Kit Carson Colorado
USA
352 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2017 :  10:00:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Nana Shirl a Yahoo! Message
So sorry, prayers for you all...

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2017 :  8:41:52 PM  Show Profile
Prayers being sent your way, Cyndi. Hugs!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

cyndieparz72
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Cyndie
Port Vue PA
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2017 :  8:11:11 PM  Show Profile
Here it is, a month later, and Susie is still hospitalized, and will be for some time to come. She is out of the medically-induced coma, but has a tremendously long road ahead of her. She had had 26 surgeries to date to try and control the necrotic infection and it is still not under control. Until that occurs, the surgeries will continue. Once the infection is under control, she is going to need multiple skin grafts to rebuild all that they have had to cut away, and future re-constructive surgery on top of that. Her kidneys are 50% functional, but the Acute Kidney Injury she suffered is permanent. More than likely, the colostomy that they had to put in while in the induced coma is permanent, or at least "permanent" for at least the next year. After the surgeries, the skin grafts and reconstruction, she will be moved to a nursing home for extensive rehab.

Unfortunately, in times like this, "secrets" come to light and our family has learned the gravity of the, for lack of a better phrase, psychological and mental abuse Susie has suffered from her Husband and Mother-In-Law. There is no other definition to describe him except Sociopath. He has NO empathy towards Susie whatsoever. The only thing that matters to him is that she take care of HIM. What I did not mention in the original post is that when she finally asked him to take her to the emergency room, when she was literally a few hours from dying, it STILL took him over two hours to get her there. In addition, he told the ER Physician that her being sick was her own fault, and that it was her hygiene that caused her illness. He blamed her for being unable to get up for over a week . . . and the "smell" that he was inferring was literally the infection eating her flesh (in the ER, I was standing almost 8 feet away from her and could smell the infection). What I also did not mention is that once he took her to the emergency room, he left her there, because he had work to do (frighteningly, he is a child psychologist) - he had a client to see. When I got to the ER that evening, he was not there, and I was the one who received the diagnosis from the ER physician and that they were life flighting her. The nect day, he left the hospital while she was in her first surgery, and when the hospital needed the authorization to do the second surgery, he was not there . . . and did not answer his telephone. I heard this first hand from the attending Physician.

Needless to say, there is a huge rift in the family now because of the above . . . and on top of all of that, once they brought her out of the induced coma and she was fairly alert, he started telling her that her whole family isn't talking to him and his Mother - and KEEPS telling her this . . . in addition to complaining about the BILLS that are already starting to come in . . .because I can to find out from her Boss that she chose the "crappiest" health insurance the company offers because he told her it was too expensive to have the better insurance. He goes to visit her for a WHOLE 20 MINUTES A DAY - at night!!!!!!!! He has not been by her side for more than that since this occurred. Meanwhile, when he had a MILD heart attack last year, we had to drag her away from his side. Not a single one of us have said a word to her because IT IS NOT THE TIME OR PLACE TO DISCUSS HER FUTURE WITH HIM! The ONLY thing that matters is her getting well - but in his mind,

Finally, he just, after ONE MONTH, finally let her have her cell phone in the hospital, but didn't leave the charger for her.

SO, being that I work in the Human Services field and have state and federal clearances for my profession, I am MANDATED by law that if I witness any form of abuse or neglect (including self neglect), I am required by law to report it to the state, or I can go to jail and lose my job. Needless to say, I reported this to Adult Protective Services and they are investigating him now. Susie's husband, like myself, is a "mandated reporter", so there is a high likelihood that he will lose his own license and job over this - as he should, as he could not even manage to help his wife when she was literally dying and he has shown nothing but complete disregard to her welfare or safety. Susie's Boss has also enlightened me to things that have been going on for years with him and his Mother and how they treat Susie (apparently, the week before this occurred, when Susie had to take off work for the colonscopy, her Mother-In-Law actually said "Is that wise? You will not have the money coming in to support the household").

I have been attending church three times a week since this all started. I have prayed many, many times to TRY to find forgiveness or ANY SORT in my heart towards her husband . . . but it is just not happening. Upon private counsel with my Pastor, he said that I need to find it in my heart to TRY to forgive him because my anger and rage will consume me if I cannot. He also said that her husband is going to have to answer to a much higher power than any of us on this Earth and that his actions were nothing less than the actions of a Godless man who will be judged by a power much more mighty than any human law. I am taking SOME comfort in that, but I still, at this time, cannot forgive him because of all her Susie's current, and apparent past suffering.

I was in tears tonight because while me and my Mother-In-Law (who is 74 years old and ready to collapse over all of this) were at the hospital visiting her today, Susie says to us "Please, whatever you do for Christmas, please include Phil and his Mother." My Mother-In-Law had to leave the room, and I simply looked at Susie and said "Unfortunately, that is not going to happen. There will be a time in the future when we discuss many things and actions with you Susie, but today is not that day. The ONLY thing that matters is that we Love YOU and that you get better, MO MATTER what anyone else says to you."

Please continue to pray for her . . . and for our entire family.

Farmgirl #7407
“I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.” Hippolyte Taine
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2017 :  12:12:59 AM  Show Profile
One does not need to forgive evil. My sister is a therapist and she says, "when the fight is not fair, it is fair to fight!" And unfortunately in this story we can see that there are worse things than death. Stay clear of those relatives! Anger lets us know of danger, anger lets us know that our goals are being blocked. Anger is a way to channel the negative impact we feel from such shocking situations. It helps keep us alert and safe. It often leads us to sever or clean house of toxic relationships. Eventually we are free of the anger and can move into a calmer state of mind proactively setting up boundaries. It is a terrible loss of health and happiness and difficult to integrate. May the Grace of God bring you peace and may justice prevail.
Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2698 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2698 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2017 :  09:47:40 AM  Show Profile
I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated on how things are going

hugs,
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

FGOTM August 2012

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Unbelievable 2017 - yet more prayers needed . . . Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page