Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 MJF Caramel Cinnamon Buns are a HUGE hit!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic MJF Caramel Cinnamon Buns are a HUGE hit! Next Topic  

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2017 :  10:06:54 PM  Show Profile
So I took the MJF Budget Mix sticky bun recipe and made some slight alterations. I did the dough as directed, then (as you would with cinnamon buns) I coated the 16" dough rectangle with softened butter and slathered on a brown sugar/cinnamon/nut mixture. I rolled that up, cut into slices and put in a muffin pan (I use DeMarle silicone molds) and oven as directed.

However, I did NOT make the syrup in the recipe. Instead, I made a simple caramel sauce as the buns were cooking. You can use the one on Pioneer Woman's site, but basically, it's brown sugar, butter, vanilla, and a pinch of salt which has been boiled from 5-7 minutes.

When the buns came out, I put them all on a cake stand and pretty much slathered them in caramel! The caramel thickens as it stands, too. They were soooo good! Didn't help my pants fit any better, but oh well!

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.blog

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2017 :  2:49:04 PM  Show Profile
Amanda, your sticky buns sound absolutely fantastic!! I love MaryJane's recipes because the has tested them in her kitchen and they always turn our wonderful!! Thanks for sharing you delicious success.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2017 :  09:22:32 AM  Show Profile
Oh they were, Winnie. I am glad there were no leftovers; I sent the rest home with a friend! haha! That's why I love them, too. Never had a bad recipe from MJF!

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.blog
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2017 :  11:56:02 AM  Show Profile
Those sound so good! I am a sucker for cinnamon rolls and can never eat just one! Lol! Now I'm really craving some!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2017 :  07:28:30 AM  Show Profile
I am, too, which is why I never make them. I'd polish off the pan! But I had company coming, and nothing smells better than something cinnamon-y in the oven!

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.blog
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2017 :  10:50:16 AM  Show Profile
I bet your company enjoyed them. Sounds like your a great hostess.

Krista
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic MJF Caramel Cinnamon Buns are a HUGE hit! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page