Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Organize with Me! 2018 off to a good start...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Organize with Me! 2018 off to a good start... Next Topic
Page: of 2

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2018 :  2:50:41 PM  Show Profile
I am so proud of everyone's accomplishments, and although I am making some progress it is far from what I envision for the place. I have thinned out and donated four shelves of books off the 15 shelves, but I would like to thin out more. I emptied and donated more fabric then I want to admit out loud, but I still have more. I need to go through my scrapbooking collection and all the closets, dressers, desks and kitchen in the next few months, before tackling the garage.

Jana

http://www.emhardt.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cjhandcraftedstudio

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2018 :  09:29:03 AM  Show Profile
Well I got the Christmas stuff organized and put away last month and got the boys' clothes sorted, organized, and the stuff not currently needed stored. I do still need to organize the baby's dresser and the girl's clothes (although they do some of that themselves). I also need to do a major organize/purge of the kid's rooms and check my list to see what is on the schedule to be cleaned/organized this month.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com
*Journal Through The Bible*The Life Giving Home Study*Homemaker's Bookclub*

Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2018 :  4:21:32 PM  Show Profile
Every year about Christmas I take all my clothes and turn the hangers around, facing the other way. As clothes get worn and hung back up the hanger is put back correctly. So when the next year's Christmas come along all the clothes that the hangers are backward get sent to the thrift store.

Viola cleaned closet.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
Sharpshooter/Schoolmarm

764 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
764 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2018 :  4:24:11 PM  Show Profile
Diana, that is a GREAT idea!!!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl of the Year

"Well behaved women seldom make history"....Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2018 :  06:55:38 AM  Show Profile
Diana, that is a clever and useful idea for figuring out what clothing has past it's use! I am going to try that myself because sometimes, it is hard to remember when you last wore an item.

I am continuing to clear out kitchen cupboards and have sold some big items that are no longer used on Ebay. It takes time but I am feeling encouraged as each piece leaves. Here in Florida, we have hit much warmer weather patterns, so now I am motivated to get into my closet and move out clothing and make sense of what is left for the long upcoming warm months ahead.

There is also much more that needs to be done in various rooms but it all takes time as some of the items are good quality and were expensive. Finding new homes for still usable items takes more thought than piling it all in the car for the thrift store or the dump.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

GGBQuilter
True Blue Farmgirl

60 Posts

60 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2018 :  6:37:44 PM  Show Profile
Diana, what a great closet idea! Sounds like Friday will be a rainy day so I hope to keep busy with more organizing/clean out. Have decided to empty a dresser in the main bedroom and switch it with a dresser in my sewing room, the main bedroom will be without a second dresser but that is fine since the goal is to have less! Dresser style is different, storage space will be better for the sewing room. The dresser from the sewing room will go into the garage until it finds a new home. Have a gal in mind who may need a dresser for her beautiful new daughter's bedroom. It is amazing once you start moving items around how additional new ideas start coming to mind!

Gae
Farmgirl #7534
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2018 :  07:55:42 AM  Show Profile
Great idea, Diana!

I organized my linens. Got rid of ones too faded or worn to do anything with. Even vintage linens last better than nowadays versions, right?

I have a few other “spots” to thin out and organize. A drawer here, cabinet there. Need to organize our camper stuff, too, when not in use.

What’s next, girls?

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155
Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
Chapter Leader, CT Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, Jan. 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blog
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2018 :  10:42:43 AM  Show Profile
Cleaned out a t-shirt drawer. Are you guilty of the same? I will buy new t-shirts, then save the “old” ones in case i garden, or need to paint...then I end up with dozens of old, stretched out, worn out, stained shirts and no room for the ones I do wear. Sent some to Goodwill, made rags out of the others.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155
Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
Chapter Leader, CT Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, Jan. 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blog
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
Sharpshooter/Schoolmarm

764 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
764 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2018 :  1:20:44 PM  Show Profile
Nicole, it sounds like your t shirt pile was like mine...you inspired me to clean mine out yesterday! My closet looks SO much better!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2018 :  06:53:35 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Daizy! Nothing like being a Grammy!

Welcome to the forum GGBQuilter!

I started my Spring cleaning and yesterday spent time decluttering/ organizing my pantry. It tends to get messy in there quite often but I still have some things I need to purge. I am going to try to sell some of the items. Hoping that goes well.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007
FGOTM~7/2013

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Mar 02 2018 06:54:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

jmcraftygal
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Jutta
Armstrong BC
Canada
118 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2018 :  11:19:03 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the great ideas ladies, I can't wait to try some.

Farmgirl #7553
Living a creative life.
http://craftygalscreations.blogspot.ca/
Go to Top of Page

GGBQuilter
True Blue Farmgirl

60 Posts

60 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2018 :  5:44:39 PM  Show Profile
TY Denise~I am trying to stay busy organizing and cleaning as well. Northeast is recovering from the big storm, we received LOTS of rain. Forecast shows more snow for Wednesday! Hoping Wednesday will be a sewing room day! Just received my MJ Wild Bread book............so exciting!

Gae
Farmgirl #7534
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
Sharpshooter/Schoolmarm

764 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
764 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2018 :  6:11:33 PM  Show Profile
Gae, I just got mine also...isn't it gorgeous? The pictures really make you hungry! I can't wait to try out some of the recipes!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Organize with Me! 2018 off to a good start... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page