christmasgal
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Rose
The Dalles oregon
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2018 :  10:04:58 AM  Show Profile
I haven't received my March sister issue yet, is there a delay this month or did I not get it yet?????

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2018 :  12:13:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi Rose,
I'm glad you asked. We're not going to create an 80-page document as often, but instead send out brief communications more often. It took an unbelievable amount of time and was keeping us from getting other Sisterhood things done, like the daily Merit Badge approvals you've been seeing lately (hope you've noticed). Someone this past week asked why she wasn't getting our photos-of-the-day via email any more--those kinds of things were falling by the wayside. Also, after getting feedback from some of our Sisters, we felt like the actual amount of time spent reading it didn't justify the amount of time it took on our end to create such a voluminous newsletter. It does seem like we're in a new era with regards to where people put their diminishing time these days. Reading, actual reading, has diminished and people are needing snippets of information instead. Plus, we've been short-handed lately. Here's this morning's Saturday scene in our food packaging facility. Pa (hubby), son Brian, and SIL Lucas are working all weekend so we can get our orders out. In the meantime, there's plenty of reading to be had if you keep up on Merit Badge approvals (happening daily now and sooooo inspirational!); GirlGab; and my Raising Jane blog w/Friday recipe (also posted here on the chatroom for your convenience).

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2018 :  1:01:55 PM  Show Profile
Wowser!!!! MaryJane!!! Sometimes we can take something so easily for granted!! Rose asked a question I was wondering myself as I watched for the March issue! But then, seeing this image sure brings to life JUST HOW MUCH YOU ALL DO and are involved in making your magazine, blog, recipes, merit badges, and SO MUCH MORE, available to MANY of us who follow you!!! I am overwhelmed at the thought! How very blessed we are, I am, to be so inspired by this organization and can only ask the good Lord to continue to bless ALL OF you abundantly!! A VERY HEARTFELT thank you for what you do!!!

Farmgirl #7703
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2018 :  1:35:06 PM  Show Profile
How utterly perfect is your tagline, Dianna? It's a lofty goal, but clearly you've arrived! Thanks for being today's inspiration.

I just delivered fresh cinnamon rolls to the guys. Another employee showed up to help, so they're "good to go for the rest of the day," they said.

Again, thank you for your understanding heart.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2018 :  2:15:24 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Mary Jane,
I thank you as well . .and all your helpers . . for ALL you do! I have been so blessed, my life has been enriched and your kindness and generosity to me personally is such a precious treasure! THANK YOU!!!

It's always wise, I believe to occasionally re-evalute what you're doing, why you're doing it and what possible changes need to be made. So, thank you for keeping us "up to speed"!
THANKS TO YOU and ALL you "FARM FOLKS"!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2018 :  3:09:49 PM  Show Profile
Mary Jane,
Thank you for clearing that up. I haven't been receiving a sister issue for quite sometime and now I know why. This also tells me why emails aren't answered right away. You all have a lot on your plate and just so you know I am very grateful for all that all of you do there!

Thanks to all of you for your hard work!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007
FGOTM~7/2013

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2018 :  3:10:25 PM  Show Profile
Yum, homemade cinnamon rolls can certainly 'lighten' the load and motivate Mary Jane!! :)

Farmgirl #7703
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

christmasgal
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Rose
The Dalles oregon
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2018 :  5:09:23 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Mary Jane for the update,,, I really appreciate what all of you do and how hard you work.. you are all such a blessing..!
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2018 :  06:00:24 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
MaryJane - Thank you for all you do for all of us farm girls out here. I am in awe of how you get everything done.

And Cinnamon rolls sound awesome, too.

I am hoping that either this year or next my new husband and I can come out in our motorhome to visit you and the farm - up close and personal.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2018 :  06:52:25 AM  Show Profile
Love this photo, MaryJane of the Boys at work! Yes, I agree with you that it is so important to use our precious time where it matters the most. I always enjoy your blog and , Chatroom links, and GirlGab for keeping up with what is happening out in Farmgirl land, and I appreciate the work that goes into all of these endeavors. A big shout out to everyone on your team for their many contributions to our MJF Farmgirl Family! Our lives are much richer and full of love from our networking here at MJF.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2018 :  09:14:24 AM  Show Profile
All previous farmgirls above said it all perfectly, thank you, thank you for all you do in providing such a wonderous, welcoming and heart warming community to all of us out here... you have united so many hearts and created so many friendships amongst us, such a special gift - I remain grateful. ~ April

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2018 :  08:02:12 AM  Show Profile
Those fellas are so multi-talented. Thanks for behind-the-scenes pictures. Keep the good stuff comin'!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic March 2018 sister issue Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page