HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2018 :  5:40:58 PM  Show Profile
Glamping is wonderful---I agree. But who camps in tents and roughs it? When I was young and lived in Asheville,NC my husband would make me go camping in the snow. I have woke up freezing plenty of times on the Blue Ridge Parkway. The snow was never deep, but it sure was cold up there. I've also spent three days hiking and camping along a railroad track---and the list goes on. Thank God we moved to the woods and he built us a cabin to go to. I'm too old to rough it anymore. Any roughing it stories to share?

You Might Be a Redneck If---you've transported a goat in an economy car.---Jeff Foxworthy

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2018 :  8:26:38 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
My daughter and I have done lots of tent glamping and then I was able to get a cute little glamper trailer that we now use. It's now big enough for both of us to sleep in so I sleep in the back of my SUV and let her have the trailer.

My hubby and I tent camp and "rough it" as much as we can now that we're senior citizens! :D
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2018 :  7:32:16 PM  Show Profile
my first 'roughing-it' event... We lived in Elizabeth town for a few months till daddy got housing for us on Base (Ft. Knox, KY.)
Daddy an avid fisherman took mom, infant sister and me on a trip to Canada... We had a VW camper van, so mama and sis slept in the VW,, and dad set up cots near the fire pit. We slept in sleeping bags on the cots.. well apparently it rained through out the night and I never woke to snuggle down and zip up my bag,,, yep! soggy to the core....
Needles to say,,, this farmgirl only glamps in a trailer... lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2018 :  1:24:52 PM  Show Profile
I did a lot of tent and primitive camping as a Girl Scout all through my high school years. Since then, I haven't had done any camping. Plus, I have never had the opportunity to go Glamping either. These days, as an older Farmgirl, I think Glamping might be more my speed as I am guessing that ground gets harder as we age!! LOL!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2018 :  10:00:43 PM  Show Profile
Oh Winnie,, we paid our Dues... let the young'uns have the ground,,, as for me,, bed please! lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2018 :  08:06:06 AM  Show Profile
We go tent camping every year. We participate in re-enactments of the Pre-1840 Mountain Man Rendezvous. In fact, we are leaving for one tomorrow. We do at least 6 Rendezvous every year. As you may know, they didn't have cozy little campers back then. We have a baker wall tent and a 20 foot tepee that we set up at each event. We dress and live as they did during that time. The rest of the year, I have a lovely 28 foot trailer that follows me around. I enjoy camping in any form, though I must admit that the tent camping is getting more difficult as the years go by.

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #93
My Blog

www.annapearlshomestead.wordpress.com

The Gourmet Cupboard

http://www.thegourmetcupboard.com/sites/sheronetaylor8622

Avon

www.youravon.com/sheronetaylor

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page
  Outpost: Previous Topic camping in tents Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page