levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - May 06 2018 :  1:52:11 PM  Show Profile
I just got my new issue yesterday but hadn't had time to look at it. Well, I must say it was worth the wait. I poured myself a cup and picked up my copy and have been enjoying all the great articles. I love, love the ladybug hotel and firefly articles. This issue is packed full of great stuff as usual! I headed for the recipes in the back to see what was there and can't wait to try them. Especially Meg's Skillet Nachos! ! I haven't read all of it in depth but I am really interested in the flag and also using the garden to make dyes. You've done it again with this issue. So many things I want to try.
Back to reading!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007
FGOTM~7/2013
"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - May 07 2018 :  06:40:25 AM  Show Profile
My new issue arrived too and I hope to dive into it this week. Yesterday, I was re-reading articles from the last issue because there are always great ideas and good information in each magazine. I especially love the pages 60-61 on the history of Mother's Day. The Proclamation of Julia Ward Howe touched my heart. How insightful and passionate she spoke for the well being of all peoples. Her message still speaks truth to me today. I also found the final efforts of women to organize and celebrate Mothers, which led to the official date of Mother's Day in 1914, to be compelling. The contributions of women in our national history are powerful and important. In recent years, I had sort of written Mother's Day off as sort of commercialized like many of the other big days. MaryJane's article, however, has given me new inspiration and pride for Mothers of all generations. Today, we Mother's need to make sure we continue the important and hard work of our own family lineage of moms. Our children and our world depend on the push for peace and love!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic June/July issue Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page