debbieklann
Sharpshooter/Schoolmarm

764 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
764 Posts

Posted - May 06 2018 :  1:59:23 PM  Show Profile
Have any of you girls joined the Instant Pot bandwagon? I got one for Christmas and I admit that I have been too chicken to try it, even though I'm not afraid to use my big pressure cooker to can with. A friend of mine told me that it has "revolutionized" her thoughts on cooking and I just needed to try it out already!!!
So far I've made mashed potatoes in mine, cooked a pork roast for pulled pork, cooked a split fryer and now have boneless chicken cooking to make enchiladas later today.
Any thoughts???

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl of the Year

"Well behaved women seldom make history"....Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - May 06 2018 :  6:57:53 PM  Show Profile
My daughter has one too. She says she rarely uses her oven now. I've read that you can make yoghurt in it.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant, in which case me will eat a cookie.
Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

nin1952
True Blue Farmgirl

269 Posts

Donna
Cedartown GA
USA
269 Posts

Posted - May 07 2018 :  08:49:38 AM  Show Profile
I have one and have only used it one time. I'm not afraid of it but I don't know enough about it to use it. The instructions that came with it are so confusing. I really need to get in there and use it.

Donna Farmgirl Sister #1487

Wheather therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
Sharpshooter/Schoolmarm

764 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
764 Posts

Posted - May 07 2018 :  08:59:37 AM  Show Profile
Mine also has a yogurt feature and a slow cooker mode. I haven't tried them yet. I agree....the instructions are not very clear and they don't give you a lot of information. The trouble I'm having is figuring out cooking times. There is a chart in the back of one of the manuals but when it says so many minutes for boneless chicken breasts, it doesn't give you a minute per pound of meat, which would be helpful. So far, it's kind of experimental figuring out times. I did buy a cookbook/manual called How to Instant Pot and it's been a lot more helpful than what came with the pot itself.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl of the Year

"Well behaved women seldom make history"....Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - May 07 2018 :  8:26:26 PM  Show Profile
Oohh, I think I need one of these. I went to my second website You Tube. I looked up recipes for it and they looked so good.

TW

The fun begins where the sidewalk ends. Shel Silverstein
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - May 14 2018 :  8:53:53 PM  Show Profile
I don't have one, but I have many friends who do. I am old school and I use an old-fashioned pressure cooker. Still...same concept, but you don't have to stand over the thing! If any of you are on Facebook, there are several Instant Pot groups out there. You should be able to convert any slow cooker recipe to a pressure cooker recipe, too. Of course, you will have to know the basics of the Instant Pot and that's something I don't know.

Hope y'all find some good recipes. Pressure cooking is AWESOME. It's minutes instead of hours. I love it!

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.blog
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - May 18 2018 :  08:41:59 AM  Show Profile
I have one too that I got at Christmas. My favorite thing to make in it is bone broth. It takes about 2 hours and it is wonderful. I throw in my chicken from dinner after I removed the meat. I put all the bones, skin, carrots, onion, salt, pepper and let it cook. Strain out all the solids and you have wonderful
healthy broth. The bones are soft and crumble. I give all this to my LGD dogs and put it on top of their kibbles.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2018 :  04:31:52 AM  Show Profile
I have an instant pot. I really like it. I cook frozen chicken breasts in it, cooking rice and steel cut oats it works great. I made mongolian beef using the sauté function then pressure cooked. I want to try baking something in it. if you use Pinterest, there is a lot of information there.

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Instant Pots Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page