Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic Companion planting: cotton Next Topic  

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - May 23 2018 :  04:30:06 AM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
It’s been a few years since I grew cotton and I can’t remember what the companion plants are to benefit cotton. I Googled it but all I could find is how to grown cotton. Any Farmgirls grow cotton?

Recycle, repurpose, reuse!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It's better to be hated for who you are, then be loved for who you are not."-Montgomery Gentry

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - May 23 2018 :  05:06:21 AM  Show Profile
I never heard of anyone growing cotton. My granddfather grew tobacco and peanuts---rather strange for West Virginia. Where do you get cotton seeds?. I know it must be beautiful to grow.

Life isn't finding shelter in the storm. It's about learning to dance in the rain.===Sherrilyn Kenyon
Go to Top of Page

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - May 23 2018 :  11:09:46 AM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
I think I bought the white cotton seeds from Southern Exposure years ago. Then I bought green & bronze cotton seeds off a seller on eBay a few years after that. I just keep the seeds every year. My hope is to someday get enough to spin into yarn and make maybe a pot holder or small bag.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It's better to be hated for who you are, then be loved for who you are not."-Montgomery Gentry
Go to Top of Page

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - May 23 2018 :  11:12:01 AM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
I just saw Baker Creek has several varieties of colored cotton seeds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - May 23 2018 :  8:54:17 PM  Show Profile
Lynn-how I am cracking up. Southern Exposure is the name of a strip club here in southern WV. I have to look at a big billboard advertising it every time I go to town. LOL.

Lynn---how I am cracking up! Southern Exposure is the name of a strip club here in southern WV and I have to look at their big ugly billboard every time I come out of my holler---LOL. It's by the interstate And I have to see it. My holler is like a secret little place---you go through a little tunnel under the interstate and then straight down for a mile and two tenths. So close--yet so far away, LOL. I don't think cotton would grow in gloomy WV---do you? How do you grow it so far north?

would cotton grow here in gloomy old soyhern WV

Life isn't finding shelter in the storm. It's about learning to dance in the rain.===Sherrilyn Kenyon
Go to Top of Page

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2018 :  08:17:05 AM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
That's too funny ... a strip club...lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2018 :  08:18:44 AM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
I guess as long as it gets lots of sun...our summers are very hot and dry...it would grow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Companion planting: cotton Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page