Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Prayer request for a friend latest update Jan,11
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayer request for a friend latest update Jan,11 Next Topic
Page: of 2

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2018 :  7:44:31 PM  Show Profile
See page two!

My friend in Colorado just sent this email to me for prayer for her daughter who just found she had breast cancer, so I am asking you all to send prayers up for healing for her,
Thank you and blessings
darlene[/]purple]

I went over yesterday morning and took the pressure bandage off Robin and bruises and puncture areas looked horrible...I felt so sorry for her - nothing I could do to prevent what happened and hated seeing her like that and knowing the pain she endured on Thursday.

Then the bad news while we were eating dinner last night....the Dr. who the results were sent to about the biopsies called Robin and afterwards, Robin called us right away and told us to sit down. Robin has breast cancer and it has spread to the lymph nodes. She will have an MRI on Monday in the morning and we will be with her and then on Wednesday we all meet with the Oncologist Surgeon to see the next steps.

As you can imagine, we are speechless and don't want to talk about it. But, we are all keeping the faith and thinking positive, positive, positive!!!!! and Robin is a fighter and will win this. She continues needing prayers of course so let the Lord hear you in California and everywhere else!

And here is Robin ringing the bell for the last Chemo treatment.

Here is an update on Robin,Exciting moments!

She is still receiving other things but this is a big step she completed. She thanks you all for the cards too.

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
arlene,

Update January 11, 2019
I hope I didn't send this to you all ready....if so, I am sorry. Robin is doing WONDERFUL! We go over every morning to be with her and spend the day, but yesterday was a very special day as we arrived at Robin’s at 8:15 a.m., I wanted to help her get dressed, but all I did was hold up her zippered sweat shirt for her to put her arms in; she had all ready gotten her pants and socks on, and slipped into her shoes. She is so independent I wish I could sit on her!

We arrived at the doctors at 9:45 and Robin was called in for her appointment a little before 10:00 and soon Dr. Asad came in. First of all, Dr. Asad took out one of three of her drain tubes and said EVERYTHING looked great and then she went over the pathology report with Robin and I. She told us that the tumor had shrunk to the size of the tip of her little finger (at diagnosis it was the size of a large shooter marble) and that she took that of course, but also 5 sentinel lymph nodes and 3 auxiliary lymph nodes —— she said she was VERY aggressive with her surgery and removed ALL the cancer she saw, with a big smile on her face! She said if there is any residual cancer there, that for sure the radiation will kill it and then the hormone pills will keep it in check and not allow any new cells to grow since Robin’s cancer was estrogen fed. Robin has an appointment for next Monday to get another drain tube taken out if it has drained less than 30 CC's and if not, Robin is to cancel and set another appointment. All is good though! WE ARE SO HAPPY and I thanked Dr. Asad more than once. All of her cancer team have saved her life and we are so grateful!

Darlene, I finally feel at peace within! I haven’t felt this good since before the diagnosis in June! I know Robin needs and will appreiciate more prayers...the journey still goes on, but going downhill now is so much better than climbing up that horrible mountain.

So thank you so much for your prayers and more appreciated.

Darlene

Edited by - darlenelovesart on Jan 11 2019 9:45:20 PM

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1016 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1016 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2018 :  9:08:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi Darlene,
Of course I will agree with you in prayer. That is a lot of stuff all at once. Hoping and praying Robin gets encouraging news next week.

TW

The fun begins where the sidewalk ends. Shel Silverstein
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2018 :  01:23:01 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Nancy,I sure hope so.
Blessings.

Darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2018 :  11:24:29 AM  Show Profile
Praying for Robin starting right now.

Life isn't finding shelter in the storm. It's about learning to dance in the rain.===Sherrilyn Kenyon
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2018 :  5:12:01 PM  Show Profile
Thank you I will let them know

Blessings to you as well.

Darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2018 :  08:03:30 AM  Show Profile
Wrapping Robin in prayers... and for you as well.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1399 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1399 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2018 :  3:47:50 PM  Show Profile
Praying for your friend Robin and sending prayers for her and her family. Darlene, maybe we can send her cards to let her know she's not alone in this horrible illness.

A Life Without a Friend, Is a Life Without Sun
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2018 :  7:26:53 PM  Show Profile
Joan,
I think that is a nice idea, let me ask her mom.
Thanks

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2018 :  10:07:14 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all for your prayers it is so wonderful of you all,
Joan I haven't asked her about cards yet but I will right away, I think it would really be good for Robin, here is an update I just got from her mom,not a great one and then may prayers for her mom and dad as well, things are crazy right now at their home. Their nerves are going to break.

Here is what she emailed to me:

Sorry to bother you again, but since I sent you the update, I got an email from Robin and in the subject line she wrote: IT NEVER ENDS! This was at 4:25 p.m. just before she left work to come home; she had just got a call from the Lutheran Breast Center. Dr. Asad had called in new orders to have another ultrasound of the left side and maybe another biopsy!!! Robin responded to the nurse, OH HELL NO! Yup, that’s what she told the lady. She told her that she still is terribly sore and can’t imagine anyone rolling an ultrasound instrument over the area let alone another biopsy of her armpit!!!!!! I started to cry when I read it as there is nothing we can do to help her!

So now these are her upcoming appointments.

06/27 - Meeting with Dr. Asad at 3:30 p.m.
06/29 – PET Scan Lutheran Building #18, Suite 102 9:15 – be there at 9:00
07/02 – Ultrasound Lutheran Breast Center Entrance 3 8:00 – be there at 7:45
07/06 – Biopsy of Left Armpit Lutheran Breast Center Entrance 3 11:00 – be there at 10:45 (ONLY NECESSARY DEPENDING ON RESULTS OF ULTRASOUND)

I sure feel like our world has been turned upside down and kind of like someone has punched me in the stomach!

Besides our poor little girl, David took Tom (Chris's step dad from CA) to Bass Pro Shop this a.m. and shortly before noon I got a call from David that he was involved in a hit and run with his beautiful 2017 Nissan truck. He was in the left turn lane and all of a sudden some lady in a red SUV slammed into him. David got out and put his hands in the air and said, "Damn, what did you do?" She said she was afraid the other car was going to hit her. David and Tom said there were no other cars in the area. She said, "Well, lets just exchange insurance cards!" David said, "NO, I am calling the police!" David got his cell phone out and called the police. She went back in her car, sat for a minute and then drove off and while driving off yelled, "I don't have time to wait!" Luckily David wrote her license plate number down and when the accident investigator came the cop told him he would now put a detective on it. It's a felony in CO for someone to drive away from a scene of an accident. Gosh I hope they got her today. Luckily and thank the Lord David and Tom are okay, and the truck is drivable, but David called our insurance agent, the claim has been started, and David has all ready taken it to his body shop and the %^&*9 caused $2,019.00 worth of damage. Now I am thanking God for our good insurance, but it sure makes me angry - why did this have to happen? Gurr! We surely didn't need that now, but thank God all is okay with David and Tom.

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2018 :  10:08:11 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Grace for the prayers as well.

blessings
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1399 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1399 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2018 :  10:20:49 AM  Show Profile
my goodness Darlene. It's heartbreaking hearing sad news on top of sad news. This family needs many many prayers.

Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6391 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6391 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2018 :  4:20:49 PM  Show Profile
That poor family. Yes, I will keep them all in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,
Deborah (My birth name, just found out) I love this name!
Blessed in Colorado
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February 2018

“My altars are My Mountains and the ocean.” Lord Byron”

Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that!

http://shopus.longaberger.com/mountainwingslongabergerbaskets
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2018 :  4:28:06 PM  Show Profile
My friend said it would be wonderful for Robin to get cards from everyone, it would cheer her up so much and be good for her mom as well.

Here is the address of my friend Claudia who will give them to Robin when they come in.
Thank you so much for thinking of them and bless your sweet hearts.
The address is
To:Robin Jellison

% Claudia Stover

12510 Utica Street
Broomfield CO 80020

Once again thank you Farmsisters so much for your caring hearts.

darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1399 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1399 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2018 :  12:54:32 PM  Show Profile
I will do my part. I feel so bad for this family

Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2018 :  2:19:18 PM  Show Profile
God is good He will bring them through this. Thanks Joan you take care too.

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2018 :  10:15:48 AM  Show Profile
Prayers being sent with much love!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2018 :  4:59:34 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much, I will send an update,
God is good !

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2018 :  11:23:54 PM  Show Profile
Well here is an update on my friend or at least part of it. She really appreciates your prayers and would love cards if you would like to send them. Thank you so much for your Love!

[blue]We left the Genetic Counselors office at 1:45 p.m. and went across the hall to the medical oncologist as Robin's appointment with Dr. Christopher Jones was at 2:00 p.m. Dr. Jones is the Chemo Oncologist. He explained to all of us that Robin has Stage 3A breast cancer instead of Stage 2, BUT it is treatable and curable and that is his job to start the process. I guess last Thursday Dr. Asad, Dr. Jones, Dr. Nekritz and all the rest of Robin's team at Lutheran met and decided on a plan. FIRST: Robin will have 4 sessions of strong chemo every other week. SECOND: She will have 12 weeks of chemo, but this will not be as evasive.....with a total of 20 weeks. Everything was fine until Dr. Jones said that Robin has a 98% chance of losing her hair.....You see, when we first went to see Dr. Asad we were all told that she probably wouldn't have to have much chemo, but that was before the MRI was read. It hit Robin pretty hard, as she felt horrible and all she could think about was going to her meetings at work and doing this and doing that....Chris had some time to come over from work and arrived just as Dr. Jones told Robin....... When he saw how shattered Robin was, he broke down and said, "You are beautiful no matter what and I love you with or without hair!" OMG...we all broke down and cried and even Dr. Jones had tears in his eyes and his nurse covered her face. This was a very emotional time for all of us. The reason for the chemo first is to shrink the tumor and the infected lymph nodes before the surgery. THIRD: Robin will have surgery and this will probably be mid December to the first week in January Dr. Jones is thinking. FOURTH: Robin will start the radiation treatment. FIFTH: Robin will start on the hormonal treatment which will be a pill a day for probably 5 years.

The good news is that Robin WILL be a survivor with this wonderful medical team; it is just going to take a while! The bad news is she has cancer and for the life of me, no one understands why. Thank God she had an itch on her breast about 3 1/2 weeks ago and felt a lump - she caught it in time!!!!!!! PLEASE continue your prayers! She has so much to go through and hasn't even started yet!

I really think Robin needs to know all who love and support her and this can be done by sending her a card now and then with only positive, warm, caring and maybe silly comments. Please if you do, don't tell her I suggested that you send one. I just think cards can be the best medicine when a person is down or just for no reason at all. I know I love getting them! HA! HA! BY THE WAY..... When we got home from the hospital today....there was a card from one of the Farm Ladies for Robin...I will give it to her on Wednesday. Of course, if you want to send one....you can send it right to her home...but I am sure you all ready know this. You are such a wonderful friend...wish you were here so I could use your shoulder!

Our Love,
David and Claudia

PS: Robin will also have a port put in her right side up by her collar bone which is a small medical appliance that is installed beneath the skin. Then a catheter connects the port to a vein. Under the skin, the port has a septum through which drugs can be injected and blood samples can be drawn many times, usually with less discomfort for the patient than a more typical "needle stick". So, this is a good thing. Also, before this, Robin will have an electrocardiogram to make sure the ticker is working appropriately./[blue]

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2018 :  10:53:07 PM  Show Profile
Here is a better report from my friend about her daughter Robin. Thanks for the cards they really appreciated that and your prayers. and we know God is good! Thanks so much.

Robin had the Port Surgery this a.m. and everything worked out wonderful. This evening she is only experiencing being tired and still no pain. Dr. Asad said she was going to feel like something foreign was in her, and yes, she does! She says it is a very weird little feeling. She was scheduled to have the surgery at 10:00 a.m., but Dr. Asad was ready at 9:40 a.m. so that is when they wheeled her in. At 10:20 a.m. the nurse came out to the waiting room, said Robin was all finished, she was in recovery, she was talking and doing great! We got to go in and see her shortly after that and at 11:30 a.m. we were leaving the hospital. With this port in, she can now have all her chemo through it as well as blood draws and anything else they need without having to poke her with a needle each time. ALSO, the best news as well, she does NOT have to have another biopsy before she starts chemo next Thursday, July 19th. So, all the worrying she did (WE ALL DID), since her last biopsy Friday the 6th was for not. She is one happy girl!

For those of you who have sent her cards, little mementos, and flowers..........OMG, I cannot get over what they have meant to her. And, of course, from reading the above, your prayers are working...we knew they would. When she woke up in recovery their were three nurses there, and we overheard them talking.......Looking at Robin Jellison, her cheeks were rosy, she was so alert and you wouldn't even know she was in recovery. Today was the first BIG step to winning this battle of having 3rd stage breast cancer. She has a very positive attitude, she is strong, she is brave, she is courageous and she is determined - she will win!

Thank you for your continued prayers and cards; she now really looks forward to the mail every day!

Love, David and Claudia

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1399 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1399 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2018 :  3:13:30 PM  Show Profile
Darlene, if there is anything else needed, let me know.

Put your hair up in a bun, drink some coffee and handle it.
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2018 :  5:19:23 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Joan I know your prayers are appreciated.

God bless you as well,.

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2018 :  9:42:35 PM  Show Profile
Well I really do appreciate everyones prayers for my friends daughter, here is an up date, and more prayers would be much appreciated.

Everything was going well with Robin until Monday night after her Yoga and Breathing Class....her neck started to feel like there was something in it, puffy or pulling....finally yesterday she called the oncology department and her surgeon was in the office by where she works and told her to come in as she wanted to do an ultra sound of her main artery. She went right over and Dr. Asad wanted to rule out any blood clots that may have formed. When Robin told her it started hurting after she got home from yoga/breathing, Dr. Asad said she had to quit that, and belly dancing or any exercise that would twist or pull by her neck and upper torso as it was irritating the port. When Robin called us later in the day, she was so "down!" She just didn't sound right....not positive any more and sad. Something just still was not right with her! Thank goodness though that the ultra sound was clear and no blood clots.

So, guess what? At 3:09 this morning the phone rang and it was Chris....He said, "We are at the ER!! I said, "What's wrong?" He proceeded to tell me that Robin had been having chest pains and back pain and couldn't take it any more and said, "I think I need to go to the emergency room!" I said, "Dad and I will be there as soon as possible!" Lutheran Medical Center is roughly 30 minutes away and approximately 14 miles. After we put our clothes on and ran a comb through our hair we pulled up in front of ER at 3:44 a.m.

She had been having these pains off and on only to get worse from about 7:00 p.m. until she finally told Chris at 2:00 a.m.; they got to the hospital at 2:30 a.m.

She is feeling so much better tonight AFTER having a Cat Scan, another Ultra Sound, a G.I. Cocktail, 2 EKG's and 6 Blood Draws ---- all of these tests from 4:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. They wanted to do a Cat Scan to rule out blood clots in the legs as her legs were swelling as well, and check the port position. Everything looked great and the port had not moved. They "think" it was a combination of anxiety and indigestion.

She was finally discharged at 7:47 a.m. and thank goodness it is Chris's day off as well as tomorrow as he could be with her, but all she wanted to do when she got home was have a cup of coffee and breakfast, so Chris started preparing both. I told her to call her Oncology Surgeon and also the Triage nurse in the Infusion Center and let them know what went on. Finally a little after 1:00 p.m. her triage nurse called her and she told her everything. She looked at all Robin's tests and said the lab work and everything just looked great and the blood work showed that her white blood cell count had not started to be attacked yet by the Chemo. What she said was that she thought Robin got so worried about the darn port, having something foreign in her body and that is connected to the main artery, she started having spasms in the chest and the back. And, this can be a side effect of the Chemo as it does so many different things to each individual. The Chemo will start to attack the weakest part of ones body and Robin has always had a bad back....she has not been able to lay on her left side because of the still soreness from the 5 biopsies and has not been able to lay on her right side because of the port installation. She has never really been able to lay on her back.....but has been doing so as this is the only position left. So, consequently it has been irritating her back, and the Chemo says, "Okay, I am going to attack this area!"

So, having all of these tests and having Brianna there on the other end of the phone to explain things better to her, and knowing she is not having a heart attack or that the port has moved, it is like a big weight has been lifted off of her shoulder. When she called a little after 6:00 p.m. tonight, she seemed so relaxed and with a "happy" in her voice. She is so tired, she was going to try and go to bed very early. Oh how relieved David and I were. You cannot imagine the things that were going through our minds on the way to the hospital this a.m. When we walked in her room in the ER, even though she was experiencing pain at that time, it was just so good to see her. She was so nervous as she didn't know anything at that time, nor none of the tests had been done.

We all agreed....David, Chris and I .... and oh yes, Robin too.....the doctor in ER as well as one of two nurses she had were down right cold and callous. BUT, all the doctors, nurses and staff members that have anything to do with cancer patients are just the opposite....warm, loving, caring, and giving of themselves.

We meet her at the oncologist on Tuesday at 8:00 a.m. for more blood work and she will review with Dr. Jone's P.A., all that happened, plus find out more about her white cell count at that point...and let them know EVERYTHING so they can adjust meds so maybe this won't happen again. She refuses any pain meds so is just taking Tylenol or Advil. Then, on the second of August, she has her 2nd Chemo treatment and then only 14 more until her surgery.

Thank you so much,
blessings
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017

Edited by - darlenelovesart on Jul 27 2018 9:43:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2018 :  09:41:46 AM  Show Profile
Here is an update on my friends daughter, and she truly loves and appreciates the cards everyone has sent to her.
The doctors are doing something different with her. I will post better detail when I get on my laptop, but the doctors are doing Chemo before surgery and
They X-ray and the tumor had shrunk really small, God is so good! I will most better details soon. Thanks so much for your prayers.

Blessings
Darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2018 :  9:21:17 PM  Show Profile
Well I just let you know your prayers are working, God bless you all, here is another update on Robin, and thank you so much for wading through the post, She appreciates and loves all the cards she is getting from you.

Well here is the awesome update! Thanks be to God!

I just had to tell you about this wonderful update

And so it goes...the story of our little princess! She finds a lump in May on her left breast, and after numerous tests from CAT scans (2), an MRI, a PET scan, electrocardiograms (2) and painful biopsy's (11 all together) is diagnosed with 3rd Stage Breast Cancer in June, (3rd stage because the cancer spread to 27 lymph nodes in her left arm pit), has surgery July 11th to have a port put in her chest and starts the AC Chemo (Adriamycin is an anti-tumor drug that attacks the part of a cancer cell responsible for synthesizing RNA and DNA. Cytoxan is an alkylating agent, and as such works by breaking DNA strands while the cancer cell is in its resting phase before cell division) on July 13th. The AC is the "Mother-Load" in other words. This is the Chemo Cocktail Robin's oncologist prescribed and the dosage is 5 times greater than other chemo treatments. This is done every other week with blood drawn the day before or day of treatment, to check the platelets, red blood cell count and white blood cell count. But, of course this cocktail is prescribed and made for each individual patient depending on their health, weight and of course the type of cancer they have. Thank goodness our princess ate healthy (lots of organic I used to tease her about, but thank God she did), never smoked and excersied. She really was in perfect health when "CANCER" decided to make a call on her! She HAS had side effects....of course, poison is being put into her body....and after the first treatment and not knowing what to expect it was a little tricky...but now, she is a veteran and knows what to expect so takes the bull by the horns.

Like I have said before, she has 4 treatments of this Mother Lode, followed by 12 treatments of the lesser chemo, then the breast surgery followed by 6 weeks of radiation and then the hormone therapy for 5 years, and checkups every 6 months for the rest of her life. IS THIS A LIFE CHANGING EVENT OR WHAT? It is a roller coaster ride....up and down....down and up....! The loss of her hair started after her second treatment on August 2nd. Whoa, step back! Yes, that was hard on Robin at first and for all of us....but she is like a caterpillar....she went from a lovely, pretty, princess cocoon to a beautiful butterfly - the transformation is amazing AND she has accepted the butterfly look pretty darn good! Why not, when you look like a butterfly movie star? Now she can sport around in these lovely caps she has bought (she found out though some fit better than others), cute baseball caps and if she wants to, she even has a wig that my hair stylist cut for her. She has it made!

Alot of people have asked...."Why chemo first?" "Why hasn't Robin thrown up and gotten real sick?" Traditionally, breast surgery was done first, then treatments such as chemotherapy were began. But, for certain patients, it makes sense to reverse the order and do chemotherapy first. This is called Neoadjuvant therapy and it starts with a basic idea: Shrink a tumor first, then surgery becomes easier and more likely to succeed. But, only certain tumors qualify. Doctors typically won’t consider it unless a tumor is larger than 2 centimeters and has affected the lymph nodes. Guess who qualified???? When the conditions are right, it can offer an alternative to mastectomy. And, about being sick? Robin's oncologist, Dr. Jones told Robin from the get go....I don't like to be sick and throw up so I don't want you too either...so, I will administer meds before and after each treatment and you won't get sick!

GOOD NEWS - NO, REAL GOOD NEWS FOR ONCE! So, in preparation for Robin's 3rd treatment coming up this Thursday, she had to have her blood drawn which was at 8:30 a.m. today and then meet with Dr. Jones (her oncologist) for her appointment and exam at 9:00 a.m. First of all he did the exam and started smiling from ear to ear...."YOU ARE AT THE HEAD OF THE CLASS! For one thing, I can't find your tumor --- oh there it is - feels like a dot," he said! Then he felt under her arm...and more smiles...."ROBIN, you are at 95% shrinkage!" Oh my goodness! So then he looked at the lab results from her blood drawn today. Her platelets are great, her red blood cells are up, her white blood cells are up and she is looking great! Talk about a happy doctor, talk about a happy mom and dad and TALK ABOUT A HAPPY PATIENT. She is doing exactly what she is supposed to be doing and trying her darndest to live each day normally...still working 8 hours a day, drinking plenty of water and making sure she eats more protein with each day.

God works miracles and you have helped so much with all of your prayers. Also, Robin has gotten so many cards from friends, family and people she does not even know. These are all appreciated and you cannot imagine in the evening every night when she calls and tells me all about a card or about 2 cards, 3 cards or more she receives every day. This is another bright spot when the mail comes. That reminds me....I have another one for her to put in the mail today. HA! HA!

I just had to tell you about this wonderful update

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2018 :  12:10:05 PM  Show Profile
So happy for Robin. She is truly beautiful. I will continue to pray for her.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2018 :  07:07:52 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, they truly appreciate that.blessings.
Darlene

'

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayer request for a friend latest update Jan,11 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page