Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Any other miniature/dollhouse enthusiasts?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Any other miniature/dollhouse enthusiasts? Next Topic  

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2018 :  06:36:53 AM  Show Profile
So I had a dollhouse I loved as a child, and my family bought me one on a tag sale for Mother’s Day. My dd and I have been fixing it up together. I just wrote a blog on it:

http://www.farmgirlbloggers.com/category/suburban_farmgirl

I am curious if any other farmgirls love miniatures?

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155
Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
Chapter Leader, CT Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, Jan. 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blog
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2018 :  3:07:22 PM  Show Profile
I love miniatures, Nicole. I have a miniature candleholder collection. My Nana had a huge doll house made just for her when she was little. It had French lace curtains and was wired with electric. It has been pasted down for 5 generations now and needs a complete redo. I’d love to have the time, money and energy to restore it but it will probably be up to my grandgirls for that.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Farmgirl #5554
Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2018 :  5:55:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi Nicole, I love miniature dollhouse anything. My one and only dollhouse was made of cardboard, including the furniture. When my daughter was one year old my dad surprised us both with a two story hand made doll house, complete with balconies, staircase, and a widows walk. It has siding and shingles that he cut. It was not a kit, he was a great carpenter. I am shamed to say we only have it partly furnished. It remains on my bucket list, something I want to do for her and my dad.
I looked at your blog and I love what you did to your dollhouse.
Hugs Karla

FGOM March 2018

I dusted once, it came back. I'm not falling for that again.
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2018 :  02:24:49 AM  Show Profile
Nicole, your dollhouse is beautiful! I grew up in the Chicago suburbs and I remember going to the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago as a child. When I saw Colleen Moore's Fairy Castle there, that's when I fell in love with miniatures. If any of you are unfamiliar with it, here's a link to see it. It's out of this world!

https://www.msichicago.org/explore/whats-here/exhibits/colleen-moores-fairy-castle/

Erin
Sister #3762
Farmgirl of the Month ~ March 2016
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2018 :  07:58:07 AM  Show Profile
Joey, I can so see you and your grandgirls working on your dollhouse together!

Karla, try looking at facebook tag sales...there are great bargains locally to be found. That’s how I found this dollhouse.

Erin...omg! I now have that on my Bucket List! I had not heard of it before, but how awesome is that??? It must be spectacular to see in person! Thanks for sharing with me.

I added to my dollhouse last week on a rainy day. Found a vanity for $1.50 so I put it in the bathroom (the bathroom is inspired by my grandmas. She had a vanity in her bathroom with lots of jars and creams). I made a jar of cotton balls, a doily, two cream jars and a perfume bottle, all from “found” objects around the house. So fun!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155
Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
Chapter Leader, CT Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, Jan. 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blog
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Any other miniature/dollhouse enthusiasts? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page