Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What Does Farm Girl of the Month Mean to You?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What Does Farm Girl of the Month Mean to You? Next Topic  

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6746 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6746 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2018 :  06:53:52 AM  Show Profile
Over the last several months the meaning of why we honor one FarmGirl a month and how FGOTM keeps going has been lost. I have no answers but I do know what FGOTM means to me.

In Sept of 2015 Linda "Quiltee" chose me to be that month's FGOTM. She passed the honor on to me after being chosen to be August's FGOTM. I in turn chose Grace "Katmom" to be Oct's FGOTM and at the end of her month she chose another FarmGirl to be honored.

I was trilled that Linda thought I contributed to the chatroom and I conducted myself in a way she wanted to name me FGOTM. I enjoyed my month. I received congratulations on the FGOTM thread; cards and gifts filled my mailbox during the month. I felt special - appreciated - and valued by other FarmGirls.

I don't want FGOTM to fade away. I want other FarmGirls to have the experience I had of being honored by their FarmGirl sisters.

If you have answers on how FGOTM can be revived or you want to tell us what FGOTM means to you please share with us.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2018 :  8:06:47 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sara, I believe nominating a fellow farmgirl friend is an honor and being nominated also an honor. I believe by nominating a farmgirl friend to be farmgirl of the month is a way to honor each other, for being loving, kind, thoughtful and compassionate. Traits that seem to no longer be the norm in this crazy world, but remain ever so honorable and precious. I believe loving, supporting and honoring each other brings value to our lives in every way. It's important to feel honored and valued, loved and supported through life, for these gifts are what give us strength and help us persevere, to know we are not alone provides amazing strength and will. I'm honored to be part of MaryJanes Forum, it's nice to know there are others out there who share the same values in life. Thank you for sharing this thread - Wishing you many beautiful moments as summer begins to wind down and Autumn prepares to grace us with it's presence! XO, April

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6746 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6746 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2018 :  06:13:36 AM  Show Profile
April, beautifully said.

Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2018 :  3:30:08 PM  Show Profile
It means a great honor I think---to talented creative farmgirls. Something I will never be---but it is a wonderful thing for those worthy.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2018 :  6:18:00 PM  Show Profile

Barbara...I am so sorry that you feel the way you do...Being Farm Girl of the Month has nothing to do with being talented...creative or worthy...It has to do with being part of a sisterhood who love other people and who share the same interests of farm life and the old ways of doing things...Keeping the old days alive in each of us is such a special thing to most farm girls...You are just as important as anyone else...When I was Farm Girl of the Month a few years ago I was very involved on the forum and mostly what I did was being involved in swaps and on the other forums in general...Each of us have something special to bring to MJF if only being genuine and real and who we are...There are many times farm girls just needed a friend and someone to talk to and someone to pray with them...Please know you are just as special as anyone else on the site...I have only recently returned after being away for a while...and I am so happy to see old friends who are still around and also a bunch of new farm sisters...Just please keep in mind you are very special to all of us here at the forum and you are very important as a human being in general...

Hugs!

Judy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2018 :  6:21:55 PM  Show Profile

Sorry the previous posted twice...Not sure how to remove it...

Hugs!

Judy

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2018 :  7:36:20 PM  Show Profile
Yes Judy, I agree! It isnt about whose the most talented or even talented, it's about acceptance into a wonderful family of diff er ent unique beautiful smart farmgirls who lift each other up, encourage, love unconditional. It's where we can all be supporting one another, in prayers and in spirit! We've a common thread, interwoven by common interests. I've never felt so close to a group of women I've never met but you can be sure that being FGOTM is more about true sisterhood than talents Barbara! I live your happy posts and you have the most generous spirit! I'd say you qualify as much as any of us!! Big hugs!!

Farmgirl #7703
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2018 :  7:37:22 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful said as well dear April! Another true loving generous beautuful soul!

Farmgirl #7703
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2018 :  8:02:06 PM  Show Profile

Beautifully spoken Dianna!!!

Hugs!

Judy

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4848 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4848 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2018 :  9:33:16 PM  Show Profile
Barbara, There are over 7,000 of us! Each one of us brings something different to the Farmgirl experience! I have learned so much from many, many farmgirls! and learned about their state or country as we have farmgirls from Canada and 1 from France!

Barbara, I'm certain you have changed your mind after reading all the above posts! Your a Mary Jane Farmgirl! just the fact that you wanted to be one shows you are one!! that makes you Special!

I was honored to be chosen! By a farmgirl who liked to do these little art cards called ATC's, and make greeting cards. You don't have to be an artist, I'm not one, just a crafter! check them out over on Farmgirl Swap. There are so many forums to explore, I know you will find ones you love. We would love to hear more about you! I hope none of my words seemed unkind, I write from the heart!

Farmgirl hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
FGOTM August 2014
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6746 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6746 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2018 :  10:45:17 PM  Show Profile
All of you have expressed yourselves in such a way it makes me proud to be a FarmGirl here on MaryJane's Farm. Words spoken from the heart once again affirms to me I'm in the right place among like minded women. Don't you just love that phrase "like minded women". I never heard it before the Farm but it's the reason I like it here. We come from different states, different experiences, but when it's all said and done we all in our own way are like minded women who are FarmGirls at Heart.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2018 :  01:40:50 AM  Show Profile
Farmgirl From The Heart
Adventurous Spirit
Really Sisterly,
Motherly and Grandmotherly
Gracious and Kind
Immediately Rushes to Encourage
Random Acts of Kindness are her goal
Laughs and Enjoys Each Story & Silliness

Open and Accepting of Individualities
Feels Mutual Acceptance of All

Thankful for Like-minded Women
Helps Others Whenever She can
Elevates Others before Self

Mighty and Strong in Character
Often Soft and Caring in Spirit
Noteworthy in Praise & Appreciation
Touches the Hearts of Others
Honestly Selfless and Humble

TO ME, THAT IS THE HEART OF A FARMGIRL!

Blessings & Hugs,
This Months Farmgirl of The Month
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 07 2018 01:45:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6746 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6746 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2018 :  05:33:37 AM  Show Profile
Peggy your words are sweet, warm, inclusive, and from your heart. Thanks for sharing your words with us - great way to begin our day - and to keep in our minds and hearts in the days to come.

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2018 :  06:06:23 AM  Show Profile
Love, love your thoughts Peggy! Ty for blessing my morning with them!

Farmgirl #7703
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2018 :  07:48:34 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
It is so heartwarming to read here what being a Farmgirl means to everyone. I could not have said it better. I was so honored when I was chosen as a farmgirl of the month. I agree with everyone - Each of us has our own talents, some are more artistic and others are being an encouragement to others. I have so many dear farmgirl friends that I never would have known had it not been for Mary Janes Farm. I started out participating in swaps and advanced to hosting swaps. I have had a chance to meet several of my farmgirl friends in person, and hope to meet many more when my husband and I travel across country in the future. This is one of the most welcoming and accepting places I have every known and I am thankful that I found all of you here.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2018 :  11:44:00 AM  Show Profile
Well said Farmgirls!! I have also observed that there are rules for FGOTM. I think it is meant to be just what it is; a way to honor someone you have gotten to know . There are a large number of Sisters and it is impossible to get to know everyone because each person has their own interests and time to join in. So, I think the FGOTM is a way to honor a person who has crossed your path and you have had a chance to know better. But as everyone has pointed out, everyone here contributes their own gifts and as a result, our “Farm” is rich with knowledge, humor, good will, helpful attitude, and loving support for each other when prayers and support are needed. Technically, everyone here who joins in and offers their gifts are the Farmgirls of the Day , 365 days a year, that keep our community a place of fun,support , and Farmgirl spirit!!! Let’s shout out a cheer for our wonderful community!, Woot, Woot!,

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4848 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4848 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2018 :  12:25:12 PM  Show Profile
Peggs! Love , love that!!!

Connie
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2018 :  12:30:28 PM  Show Profile
Before I read any of the posts I thought about this just from the topic line. For me when I was chosen years ago it was a reminder to celebrate myself just the way I am. In this crazy world we get pulled in so many directions by jobs, family, etc. and sometimes we forget just how special we are. I was surprised when I was chosen - I don't feel that I'm more special than any other farmgirl on here and there were many others I thought deserved the title more than I did. But, someone thought I was deserving. It touched my heart and made me stop and appreciate me.

One of the greatest things about being a MJ Farmgirl is being surrounded by such wonderful women that I wouldn't otherwise have the chance to connect with. I agree with Winnie - everyone is so special for making MJF such a wonderful place!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2018 :  1:18:14 PM  Show Profile
Yes!! Heather - something we all need to do better at, loving ourselves! I was just having this conversation with a friend of mine who lives in Canada... why is it that we are taught to love others, be kind to others, take care of others, but we are not taught to love ourselves too? We matter just as much and we can't give & love from an empty cup! My friend and I are now holding each other responsible for doing a little something special for ourselves each week, no matter how small, sipping your tea on the morning porch before your day begins, savoring your favorite beverage and treat from starbucks in a quiet car on your way to your next destination, etc... Your message was a very nice reminder to us all to celebrate ourselves, loves ourselves, trust ourselves and accept ourselves just the way we are. Beauty is on the inside. Love, Joy and Kindness are choices. I choose them!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038

Edited by - Dreamer42 on Aug 07 2018 1:20:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2018 :  3:06:47 PM  Show Profile
What wonderful posts ladies. I do have a lot of self hatred because I was mistreated as a child---it has always been my downfall. I just feel like I'm not as good as other people. I used to do creative things when I was young but life has drug me down---My family just constantly criticized me for everything. I see all of you doing so much and I know that I am not living up to what I could and should do. You people have truly inspired me to like myself and get on with life. And I have finally learned at 61 that if you don't take care of yourself you can't take care of anyone else. I spent so much of my life helping older people since I was a teen---I just counted up nine. Everyone else came first and I put my life on hold to help them. Always living in a mess while their work was done perfectly. As one of my friends just said---We are the old people now. Time to get going and time to move on. Thanks ladies!

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2018 :  6:08:55 PM  Show Profile
When Debbie (aka) Blessed in Colorado picked me for March FGOM, I did the biggest happy dance you ever saw. I was riding high that entire month, I let all my friends, neighbors, and family know that they were now talking to the March FGOM. It was and still is a great honor for me because I am not crafty, I don't have the sewing talents as many of my sisters here, but I do have a giving spirit. I have made some really dear friends/sisters here, my life is more blessed in knowing them. There are so many great women here, and when it comes time for us to choose the next FGOM, we remember that little extra kindness, thoughtfulness, love, care and concern someone has shown us. It should not matter if she has been chosen 1 time or 6 times, that just says a lot of who she is.
It is truly a humble honor to be chosen by one of your farm girl sister as FGOM. I hope that this thread reignites that spark. Hugs Karla

FGOM March 2018

I dusted once, it came back. I'm not falling for that again.
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4848 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4848 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2018 :  09:21:13 AM  Show Profile
Hey Barbara, Big hug! I can relate!! God adopted ME, little ole me! and Now I'm no longer the same!! Amen! Thanks for sharing!! I was raised by grandparents and always being shuffled about, living with 3 teenagers was no pic-nic! LOL!!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
FGORM August 2014,September 2018
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2018 :  2:48:47 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Describing what being selected as Farmgirl of the Month is almost impossible to do. I've been selected more than once and each time I was HUMBLED and HONORED in so many ways. It has been such a privilege to be part of the Farmgirl Connection, to have made so many wonderful farmgirl sister friends, to have actually met some of you and spent time with you. I have loved hosting swaps and participating in swaps which have shown me the incredible creativity of all of you girls and the generosity you display in your swaps, your comments, your cards/notes, gifts, encouragements, prayers and sweet friendships. THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU SWEET FARMGIRL SISTERS for being who you are and for all you do and are!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Sep 13 2018 2:49:38 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic What Does Farm Girl of the Month Mean to You? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page