wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2018 :  7:06:00 PM  Show Profile

I know it is only August...but is anyone else happy to see the Fall Season show her beautiful colors...

Hugs!

Judy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2018 :  7:44:35 PM  Show Profile
I am SOOO ready for Fall. That starts the rainy season and that's when I'm at my most happy!

Farmgirl Sister #127
My blog: http://14thandoak.com
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2018 :  8:06:01 PM  Show Profile

Rachel I am so ready for cooler weather and I do love rain also...We had major storms here in Kentucky today for awhile...Just loved watching and listening to the rain...There is already a look of Fall in the air even though it is still really warm...

Would love to see some Fall pictures if anyone would like to share!!!

Hugs!

Judy

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6791 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6791 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2018 :  10:19:19 PM  Show Profile
I've been dreaming of fall since the beginning of summer. I have already started putting out my fall things here and there. By the first of Sept it all should be done except for pumpkins - gotta have a pumpkin or two for the front porch. Love looking for just the right pumpkin.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2018 :  04:41:46 AM  Show Profile
Judy, I am like Sara. I have been waiting for Fall by the end of June! LOL!!! This Summer has been so oppressively hot and I am tired of it!, Your collage of fall photos just makes me smile . I look forward to the colors and traditions unique to fall too. There is something uniquely exciting when pumpkins arrive at the grocery store along with fresh apples from our northern states!! As the days get shorter, it cannot stay hot for as long and the cooler temps begin to drift down to the more southern states. Boy, are we ready for cooler days down here. And rain!! Other than Florida, which has been drowning for months , the south desperately needs rain as well as our western states with a terrible fire season.

Who isn’t ready to say, Happy Fall Y’All!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2018 :  06:49:37 AM  Show Profile
I am ready for the pretty colors that the change in the season brings. But I am kinda dreading it, if we stay in this wet pattern, it'll probably snow to the top of the porch roof.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2018 :  08:02:20 AM  Show Profile
I too, am so ready for fall. I am like others just sick of heat. So fall colors, coolness, & smells sure do sound Heavenly. I think I may have to start decorating early to jump start the wonderful feelings.

Farmgirl #5111
Farmgirl of the month October 2014
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2018 :  10:06:29 AM  Show Profile

Oh ladies I love hearing everyone's dreams of Fall...There is so much to do and so much fun to have...The colors are so lovely this time of year...So much beautiful decorating to look forward to...Please post pictures as you begin to decorate for this wonderful and colorful season!!!

Hugs!

Judy

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2018 :  1:22:02 PM  Show Profile
Judy, I am actually torn! I love the cooler weather and the beautiful colors, but I'm not ready for winter! I feel like my summer has flown by and we haven't done much outside because it has been so hot. It was so nice to have the boys be able to play outside this morning because it was cooler. I wish the fall weather could just last all year long!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2018 :  2:17:47 PM  Show Profile

Krista it has been so extremely hot and humid here in Kentucky this year...Also a lot of rain...Just doesn't make for too much fun outside!!! I am just so ready for Fall but not Winter...but during the Winter I am always hungering for the beautiful days of Spring!!! God has given us so much to be thankful for to give us all the Seasons to enjoy...But there is just something about Fall...Always look forward to the beautiful colors and cooler weather...

Hugs!

Judy

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6791 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6791 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2018 :  4:05:02 PM  Show Profile
Judy I can remember the old folks telling us kids "you're wishing your lives away wishing for Christmas to get here". Waiting for fall is sorta like that don't you think? Just my humble opinion but if the Good Lord had a reason for making summers it must be so we don't take fall for granted. Just saying without summer would we even be talking about fall yet.

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4889 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4889 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2018 :  4:21:37 PM  Show Profile
Sara!! My Granny us to say that!!

Judy is good about getting us all riled up for Fall! LOL!!

I am wishing too!! Been so hot and humid this year. but I would like fall to stay around until December 1st!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
FGOTM August, 2014
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2018 :  7:50:33 PM  Show Profile

I remember that saying too Sara...I guess I get anxious because I can't enjoy too much Summer weather with the heat and humidity...But thanks for reminding me to slow down and enjoy all that God has given us to enjoy...I hope we have a long enjoyable Fall too Connie when the time is right...

Hugs!

Judy

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2018 :  08:16:56 AM  Show Profile
Wise words, Sara, I believe most of us live either in the past or the future... seems to be a challenge for most to live in the present moment, being present, still, grateful for what we've been given in the moment. I personally adore summer, I love the long, warm, sunny days, but then again, we live in the high desert where the temperatures may be hot, like 104 yesterday, but it's a dry heat. I grew up in the Portland area where summers were humid, and don't care to go back to the humidity. I'm looking forward to fall like I do every single year, my second favorite season, however, I'm pleasantly occupied enjoying my long summer days, watching my garden grow! I believe each season presents it's own gifts to savor. It's up to each of us to enjoy the gifts in which each day and season provides us. In my opinion, we wouldn't appreciate our favorite season if we didn't have the other three. Life is too short, time is ever so precious, why would anyone wish it away!? Love and (( hugs )) to all.

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038

Edited by - Dreamer42 on Aug 10 2018 08:18:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2018 :  7:20:57 PM  Show Profile
April...Everything you have said is so touching and so true...We need to find joy in all the seasons and be grateful that God has given us all of them to enjoy...

Hugs!

Judy

Farm Girl #5440

Edited by - wildflower17 on Aug 10 2018 7:24:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2018 :  04:26:16 AM  Show Profile
I already have a few of my fall decorations out. I couldn't stand to wait any longer. It's my favorite season to be sure.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007
FGOTM~7/2013
"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2018 :  6:45:20 PM  Show Profile

Denise...That sounds so fun...I think I will be putting out a few in the next couple of weeks...I too love everything about the Fall season...

Hugs!

Judy

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2018 :  11:30:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sisters,
I do enjoy fall also, but enjoy the Spring and early summer here in Northern Idaho. But this past week, I was taken aback at how quickly the lush green foliage is turning. It has been very dry and hot and so near summer's end we see subtle signs of this. However, what I haven't seen in the past six years I have lived here and am seeing now is that the trees have definitely gotten the message to turn off the chlorophyll switch. Most of the native bushes are already turning yellow and reds and the snowberry bushes don't have a single white berry. I already see yellow leaves on the ground. This is the earliest I have seen fall to this degree. So I am thinking as soon as the heat wave is over there may be a rapid change over to fall. I know my pumpkins are bright orange on the vine now. I will know fall is really on its way when Mama Moose and her baby head on over to the cherry tree to feast readying for winter. I will add that not one single season has been the same as in any past year. The wild turkeys are busy in our back wooded acreage and usually I do not see them until calendar dated Fall. Have fun decorating. The colors are amazing. The autumn soups so flavorful and satisfying. Take care now and enjoy each day. Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2018 :  1:54:26 PM  Show Profile

Annie we have had a very hot and humid Summer not to mention a lot of rain...Seasons just don't seem to be as predictable as in days gone by...We had one of the coldest Winters I can ever remember this past Winter...Hope it's nothing like that this year...but the heat and humidity has me longing for Fall...If you have any pictures of Fall in Idaho you would like to share I would love to see them...

Hugs!

Judy

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2018 :  07:28:52 AM  Show Profile
Here are some signs that Fall is making it's way into my life!!

First we have the Florida Seminole Pumpkin harvest that has come in from my daughter's farm.

Next, I have tried out the pumpkin meat with my favorite pumpkin bread recipe. Just to make sure it is STILL my favorite!!LOL!! Note pumpkin in background was still in ripening phase compared to the first photo of all of them ready to pick.

The last photo is my favorite apple scented candle and a vintage postcard with my crafty fabric apple.

Here in Florida, we really don't get much Fall at all. We do have some deciduous Oaks, HIckory, Dogwood, Sweet Gum, Southern Red Maple, and a few others that change their leaves......................................in December and January!!!! So when it is time to put up the Christmas tree, the weather gets cooler and the leaves change!! So.......I have to depend on the fall trends of more northern states and hence I create my own version of reality which is an amalgam of my childhood days in Virginia, and my visits to NC to see my daughter in Asheville and my sister in Winston Salem. A fall lovin' girl has to do what a fall love girl has gotta do!!! LOL!!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2018 :  3:59:36 PM  Show Profile

Love all the pictures Winnie!!! Gives me a taste for homemade pumpkin roll!!! Yum!!!

Hugs!

Judy

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4714 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4714 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2018 :  04:58:17 AM  Show Profile
Our summer here in the Chicago area has been quite a stinker. Way too hot & humid for my liking. I've been dreaming of jeans, sweaters, and pumpkins since July! Autumn is around the corner and I'm really looking forward to it.

Dawn in IL

"Nature teaches beasts to know their friends." Shakespeare:
Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2018 :  06:53:04 AM  Show Profile
I am a life long fan of fall! Spring is nice, winter is ok until the very last stretch when you are just READY for spring. Summer and I - well - I've been working on my attitude problem - lol

Nothing gets me crankier quicker than hot humid weather - and here in northern Indiana we have plenty of that!

I've worked hard at trying to find things about summer to enjoy and have partially succeeded - but I must be honest and say that when the cool crisp days begin I will be slipping into my jeans and heavy sweatshirts and cozy socks with a sigh of bliss!

Here the staghorn sumac which grows wild everywhere is already turning - and some of our maple trees are starting to turn as well. I'm starting to see colorful leaves dotting the lawn and my mums are loaded with buds - just a few have bloomed early...

Autumn is special to me for so many reasons - it's fleeting and perhaps that is why I love it the most.

After a summer of hot, washed out pale skies - to see the vibrant autumn blue behind the colorful trees makes my heart happy. I'm equally thrilled on the drizzly misty days where the trunks of the trees turn black and the orange leaves seem to glow against them. And the smells...swoon!

Edited by - AuntJamelle on Aug 20 2018 06:56:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6791 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6791 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2018 :  07:05:30 AM  Show Profile
Jaime, I do like the way you talk about fall. You sure do have a way with words. Pretty much says how I feel about fall too.

I picked a little red wagon full of dried corn that the combine missed. This morning I found the gnawed cob of one. Nasty old squirrel has found my wagon full of corn.

Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2018 :  08:30:51 AM  Show Profile

Hugs!

Judy

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2018 :  12:48:26 PM  Show Profile
Love all of these beautiful photos!!!!!!!!!!!!! How about this?

What's on your Bucket list of things to try and do this Fall??

For sure, I will be gathering some apples when I visit my daughter in Asheville, NC the week of September 11. Hendersonville, NC, which is the next town over going West from Asheville has it's annual Apple Parade and Festival on Labor Day weekend. We went years ago and it is such a fun event. Western Carolina and the Buncomb county where Asheville is located is known as the Apple Capital of the area. They grow lots and lots of apples in the right soil of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Plus, I always buy fresh apple cider to enjoy as well. I love it ice cold or hot. Then there will be my annual carving of a pumpkin for the porch on Halloween too. Can't have Halloween without a grinning pumpkin!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Holidays: Previous Topic Is Anyone Ready For Fall Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page