Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from Delaware Next Topic  

RNchicklet
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Robin
Dagsboro DE
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2018 :  3:41:35 PM  Show Profile  Send RNchicklet a Yahoo! Message
I live with my husband of ten years in an older ranch style home on about 1/4 acre not real far from the beach. Have lived here since 1984 (was married for 21 years and became a widow at 46). Was lonely, got remarried. Have always loved all things farmhouse and country! Got a copy of Mary Jane's magazine and I am happily hooked! Have been a nurse for 37 years. Currently work in home health caring for adults with developmental disabilities in our community. Just got chickens in April. Never realized what loving pets they make. Have 3 dogs (one is 18 years young!) and two cats. Would love to have a few pet goats. I am an avid reader, love flowers, antiquing, and decorating. Thanks for taking the time to read about me!

Happy chickens lay the nicest eggs!

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2018 :  3:56:30 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the farm, Robin. I live in Virginia. I have chickens, a dog and four cats. I just got back from DE this noon. We have family in Millsboro and Delmar. You will enjoy being a farm girl. Check out all the forums.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

RNchicklet
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Robin
Dagsboro DE
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2018 :  4:25:23 PM  Show Profile  Send RNchicklet a Yahoo! Message
Wow! I work in Millsboro! Hope you had a nice trip here. It has been very rainy, but we needed it as it had been so very hot and humid! Thanks for the very nice welcome!

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4715 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4715 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2018 :  4:49:29 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Robin! I love Delaware, it is a very beautiful state. I look forward to hearing more about your animals and home.

Dawn in IL

"I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house. So I have spent almost all the daylight hours in the open air." Nathaniel Hawthorne
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2018 :  10:07:58 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Robin to our "Farm" !! I live down in north central Florida and retired as a nurse after 34 years. I hope you will jump in here and add your ideas and comments to the Chatroom topic links too!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6794 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6794 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2018 :  10:18:37 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Robin from northeast TX. I'll be looking for you around the Farm.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2018 :  11:44:37 AM  Show Profile

Welcome Robin from Southeast Kentucky!!! Sure hope you find being on the farm is as much fun as the other ladies do!!! So many kind and caring farm sisters here and so much to learn and be involved in!!!

Hugs!

Judy

God Has Been So Good To Me!!!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1751 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1751 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2018 :  3:56:42 PM  Show Profile
welcome from Iowa. good to meet a new farmgirl.

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

RNchicklet
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Robin
Dagsboro DE
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2018 :  4:29:36 PM  Show Profile  Send RNchicklet a Yahoo! Message
Thanks so much for such a wonderful welcome!
When I finally retire (ha ha), I hope that I will still be in good enough shape to visit the Midwest of the USA and Texas. So many great people out there to meet.
I grew up and went to high school in Beltsville, Maryland ( you may have heard of the Beltsville turkey), Nursing school in Washington DC for my diploma and Delaware for my BSN. Have always lived on the east coast. Have traveled to Vermont, Pennsylvania, New York, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina and Florida. Have also been to Canada.
Good ole Dagsboro, DE is rural, but becoming much more suburban. Lots of old farm lands being sold and developments and apartments going up. So sad, I enjoyed living on a dirt road until a year ago when the development I live in was sold. The new folks cut down all of the wild blackberries, put in a paved road and are building new houses. The once big herds of deer that wondered through here unmolested are now fast becoming road kill. I still have some woods behind us and hubby and I have put out deer corn to hopefully keep the poor things away from the road!

Go to Top of Page

Eliz~
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Elizabeth
Saint Cloud MN
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2018 :  6:22:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Eliz~ a Yahoo! Message
Hello! again Robin! Welcome! I've been working for 38 years, I thought everyone was retired!!! LOL!! I will quit when the Lord takes me home. :o)
We traveled a lot when we adopted. I love TX! The people are so nice! On the East Coast we've only been to NY and CT.

Joyfully, Eliz~
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2018 :  3:01:05 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the farm Robin! (howdy neighbor)
So glad you found us. You will love it here. I have chickens too and they are pets. LOL. all 23 of them.
We have friends in Bear, and also another place there but I can't remember the name. It's not far from the DE Mem. Bridge.
Hope you enjoy your time here!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4894 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4894 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2018 :  4:31:58 PM  Show Profile
Welcome! Welcome! Robin!
Connie #3392
Fgotm August 2014, September 2018
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2018 :  12:54:23 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Robin! I hope you are enjoying it here! I have 2 dogs, but would love to get some chickens soon. My oldest boy would just love caring for them and collecting eggs. I would love to hear more about your antiques and decorating. What sort of decorating do you do?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2018 :  07:23:36 AM  Show Profile
I have always loved the name "Robin"! Welcome to the farm! Prepare to be inspired!

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #93
My Blog

www.annapearlshomestead.wordpress.com

The Gourmet Cupboard

http://www.thegourmetcupboard.com/sites/sheronetaylor8622

Avon

www.youravon.com/sheronetaylor

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

RNchicklet
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Robin
Dagsboro DE
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2018 :  6:59:33 PM  Show Profile  Send RNchicklet a Yahoo! Message
Hi again everyone! Thanks for making me feel so welcome. I love to decorate! As a young wife, my house was an eclectic mix of colonial and hand me down furniture. I decorated for most holidays/seasons. In my 30's and 40's, the Victorian bug bit me and my Mom gifted me with some of her pieces and I had quite a few antiques, reproductions, and great wallpaper on the walls. Now, I am into the look of a country cottage/little farmhouse. Still have a few favorite Victorian pieces mixed in with rustic farmhouse. I am always looking for things which can be re-purposed. My goal for the house is to make it feel cozy, and I love anything farm and chicken for the walls. Really like the stacked farm animal look.

I am also lucky enough to get to decorate the group homes I work in. My friend and I have kind of taken it upon ourselves to use the basic stuff provided by the agency and then we add things from our house, thrift store finds, our local Roses and Marshall's stores to keep the condo's looking homey.

We use a lot of throw pillow, little area rugs, and throws to make each condo look great. We are decked out for fall and all of the houses are having a contest to see which looks the best for Halloween. It is a challenge to make the places look great and keep the clients safe. We can't use anything glass, or small/toxic stuff that a client could place into their mouth.

Robin
Farmgirl Sister # 7712
God Bless America!
Happy hens lay the nicest eggs!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2018 :  10:04:37 AM  Show Profile
Hi Robin, sounds like you are a farmgirl young at heart...
How wonderful that you and your friend take the time to decorate and bring joy into yur clients living environment.
>^..^<

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2018 :  1:08:43 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Robin!

I hope you find lots of fun things to do and learn about here with all these talented farmgirls and farmgirls at heart.

Farmgirl sister #308
Wallets & Travel Accessories, Tea Wallets, and Hankie Envelopes
http://www.marketsofsunshine.online

Card Making Circle of Friends
www.marshajaramillo.stampinup.net
Tea Lover's
www.tealightfultea.net/sweetretreats
FGOM 5/2018
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2018 :  06:33:44 AM  Show Profile
Welcome from Connecticut! Can’t wait to read more about you. You will love it here.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155
Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
Chapter Leader, CT Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, Jan. 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blog
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from Delaware Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic