texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2018 :  07:04:50 AM  Show Profile
I don’t know if you all remember but several years back I started feeling poorly. I was told I had “thyroid disease” and “Hashimotos”. Neither run in my family. I documented some of my story in my blog on Farmgirl bloggers.com.

When I got on the medicine for it, I felt worse. I kept saying I thought I had Lyme disease (we live in CT, the tick capital of the United States)! Doctors kept dismissing me. Meanwhile, I felt sicker, foggier, and was gaining weight.

Finally, I found a holistic doctor who is also a DO. He did lots of blood work and found two tick borne illnesses. He took me off the thyroid medicine and prescribed an antibiotic along with herbal supplements.

It’s been several years, and the results didn’t happen overnight. I am happy to say that now I am back to normal! I went in to my regular doctor for a complete physical and my thyroid is normal and functioning. I am in pretty darn good shape for a lady of my age!

The thing is, if I had listened and not questioned the original doctor, I would have had my thyroid taken out - and been on medicine for the rest of my life.

I am not saying that doctors are bad, they are lifesavers and many do have thryroid issues. But tick illnesses can manifest many ways, and if you don’t go with your gut sometimes things are missed.

Have you heard of the tick illness that makes you unable to eat meat? I have cut down red meat consumption ALOT, but I do think a good steak once in awhile is a treat. Scary things, these little tick buggers!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155
Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
Chapter Leader, CT Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, Jan. 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blog
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2018 :  08:04:19 AM  Show Profile
Nicole,
I will start with I am thrilled your back to normal now...yay! There is a time and place for doctors. But for me it's herbs first. So glad your women's intuition took you to a place of health. So many doctors want to scare us into things we may later regret. Could not be happier for you, God is good!

Farmgirl #5111
Farmgirl of the month October 2014
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4715 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4715 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2018 :  08:23:50 AM  Show Profile
That is great news Nicole! Thank you for the tick information. Prescriptions and I do not get along! My internist believes in a holistic approach and he's very up to date on herbal medicines and supplements. So glad this has worked out for you and hope you always feel great!

Dawn in IL

"I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house. So I have spent almost all the daylight hours in the open air." Nathaniel Hawthorne
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2018 :  1:39:30 PM  Show Profile
So happy to hear that your health has been restored! What a wonderful feeling it is to have your strength and energy return!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2018 :  1:02:34 PM  Show Profile
Fantastic news, Nicole! I am so happy to hear that you are feeling better. Following you gut is a great thing. There is a reason we have such strong gut feelings. Keep going strong!

Krista
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Good news Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page