Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 Marketplace
 Quilts, Quilt Tops, and Quilt Blocks for Sale
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Marketplace: Previous Topic Quilts, Quilt Tops, and Quilt Blocks for Sale Next Topic  

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2018 :  12:23:45 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
NOTE: I added 2 sets of vintage Sunbonnet Sue blocks I purchased at an estate sale several years ago. I have only grandsons, and already have a Sunbonnet Sue quilt, so do not need these blocks.

I need to reduce my herd of finished quilts and also blocks and quilt tops needing finishing. I only have 2 beds in the house and a cabinet over-full of quilts. I love making the quilts and just can't stop. The quilts and tops are lap, twin, or full/queen sizes - measurements of each top or finished quilt are given. The prices shown do not include the shipping price. I have more than these and I also have various sets of coordinated blocks. I will post a few at a time.

Very Scrappy Lap Size Quilt Top Only 55" W x 79" L
$50 + shipping

Floral Star Lap Size Quilt Top Only 61" W x 76" L
$50 + shipping

Nine 12-1/2" unfinished quilt blocks only (finish to 12" square). These are made using Mary Janes Farm "Once Upon a Chicken" fabrics. These squares can be put together to make three 3-block table runners or one 9-block wall hanging. $30 + shipping

I have 2 sets of vintage Sunbonnet Sue blocks. Both sets are hand sewn applique on muslin, and each used a slightly different version of the pattern. Someone spent a alot of time sewing these blocks; I don't know if both sets were made by the same person. Here is a side-by-side picture of one block from each set so you can see the difference. You can see how one set is more yellowed than the other.

Set 1 is (in my opinion) the oldest set and consists of 9 blocks - the muslin is thinner and more aged (yellowed). These blocks are hand sewn with the running stitch; the "arm" is not an additional piece of the dress fabric, the running stitch just outlines the arm. On block has the needle and a piecce of yarn still attached to it. Two blocks have an extra strip sewn down the side of the block. There are a few small age spots. $20 + postage.

Set 2 is a set of 35 Sunbonnet Sue blocks; these are hand-stitched with the blanket stitch. The blocks are 13" wide x 14" tall. There are several dress fabrics, some with various hat and shoes combinations. The blocks shown in the picture show the 18 different dress/hat/shoes combinations there are in this set. These blocks could easily be divided and used to complete 2-3 quilts, perfect for a little girl's room. Some combinations include 1-4 blocks, but most have 2. $50 + shipping.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Nov 01 2018 10:00:10 AM

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6791 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6791 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2018 :  1:50:10 PM  Show Profile
Linda, Beautiful quilts and tops. I'm interested but will wait until you post more pictures. You know the colors I like.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

naturemaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

2568 Posts

Connie - Farmgirl #673
Hoosick Falls NY
USA
2568 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2018 :  2:16:45 PM  Show Profile
so pretty!

------------------------
Lil' Chefs Cookbook- Delicious Recipes for Toy Ovens - http://www.vintage-toy-ovens.com/

Vintage Sewing Machines, Original Parts & Related Book Titles - http://www.thriftyfarmgirl.com/

My Books: https://www.amazon.com/Connie-McCaffery/e/B01IRQND8O#

Handcrafted Artisan Soap https://www.etsy.com/shop/naturemaiden
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2018 :  3:05:30 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful Linda!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2018 :  5:24:39 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Thank you all for the comments. I will post more in a little bit, including some completed quilts.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2018 :  06:25:28 AM  Show Profile
Linda these are very beautiful! I would be interested in seeing completed quilts as well. You are a talented quilter!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page
  Marketplace: Previous Topic Quilts, Quilt Tops, and Quilt Blocks for Sale Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page