Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Solidarity Shabbat - Friday, November 2, 2018
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Solidarity Shabbat - Friday, November 2, 2018 Next Topic  

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2018 :  2:29:50 PM  Show Profile
Hello. As you are all probably aware, there was a mass shooting at Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh, PA, last Saturday morning. This act of hate has shaken American Jews and Jews around the world to our core. I sat at temple on Sunday morning with my women's group and we were all in shock, scared, and wondering what we could do to help. And the outpouring of support and love from our Muslim, Christian, atheist, and agnostic friends has been amazing.

Tomorrow night, Jews across the country will be attending a Solidarity Shabbat at their local temples and everyone, regardless of religious affiliation, is invited to attend. If you have Jewish friends or even if you don't, if you're curious about our religion and our services, or if you simply want to show that you are united with us, I invite you to attend at your local temple.

The Women of Reform Judaism group that I belong to has long had the motto "stronger together," but it has never been more apt than now.

Farmgirl Sister #127
My blog: http://14thandoak.com
"Nowadays, even living simply - working only to acquire life's most basic necessities, demands so much." - Rebbe Nachman of Breslov

Edited by - RachelLeigh on Nov 01 2018 3:11:42 PM

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6791 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6791 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2018 :  2:48:24 PM  Show Profile
Rachel may the Lord bless you and all the Jewish community and may he be with you tomorrow night.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2018 :  06:27:44 AM  Show Profile
Rachel, my prayers have been with all of our Jewish communities the entire week. May there be healing tonight at all Synogogues tonight.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2018 :  10:58:49 AM  Show Profile
Rachel, this was so shocking and such a sad state our Country has gotten into, I have you all in my prayers and praying for the families and the Jewish Community, God be with you all.
Blessings
Darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2018 :  1:06:26 PM  Show Profile
My Heart goes out to all the families and I keep the Jewish Communities and all communities in my thoughts and prayers.
Rachel I will keep you and your Women’s Group in my prayers as well and will be thinking of you.
Hugs to all.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Colorado

Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February2018
“My altars are My Mountains and the ocean.” Lord Byron”
Thank Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our
Broomsticks. We're flexible like that!

Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1412 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1412 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2018 :  12:37:09 PM  Show Profile
My heart is broken over this. I am praying for everyone.
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2018 :  5:53:25 PM  Show Profile
This was a truly horrible act and I truly cannot understand the hatred in some people as I have no hatred in me. So sad that such things happen so often. I have loved Jews so much since I read The Diary of Anne Frank in the eighth grade. I come from an old hillbilly family and I can honestly say I was raised with out any prejudice or hatred toward anyone. We all need to pray for those that have so much hatred in them. The good will always be the winners---not the haters.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Solidarity Shabbat - Friday, November 2, 2018 Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page