1Anne
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Anne
Lebanon CT
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2018 :  05:11:13 AM  Show Profile
Oh,the path of life sure does weave up, around and down, doesn't it! But there are great lessons all along that path. I have been off the farm since March: broke both sides of my ankle (with complications), major flooding event in my home from hurricane effects, etc, etc. Javascript:insertsmilie('')Yes, great lessons learned! But I'm back!!! Javascript:insertsmilie('') I have a lot to catch up on. Hope everyone has been well. Anne

PS: If anyone knows a nursing student, Dr. Oz & USANA are sponsoring an essay contest for $10,000 toward tuition. Hurry, contest ends Nov 15th. Here is the link: https://www.doctoroz.com/future-nursing-essay-contest

Yes, in God I trust.

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2018 :  06:19:38 AM  Show Profile
Welcome back Anne! Gosh, you have had one heck of a 2018!!!! I hope that now you are mended from your ankle break, and your home is dried out properly. What an awful combination of surprise events . What sort of fun things are you currently enjoying up there in your beautiful New England Fall? Let us know what new interests or projects are calling your name??

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2018 :  07:10:04 AM  Show Profile
Anne,
I posted on your other topic about the card not realizing I should have posted here. Welcome back! I hope you are enjoying some better times and also an awesome Fall. I know New England is gorgeous this time of year.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2018 :  07:58:26 AM  Show Profile
Hi and welcome from West Virginia. Sorry about your troubles and glad all is better. Will look for your posts.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2018 :  10:03:22 AM  Show Profile
Oh no Anne. I am so sorry to hear of your troublesome year. I hope you are feeling better and all healed. Also I hope your house is all better and dried. Is everything going better now? Hopefully with the holidays coming up everything with go smoothly. Welcome back!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2018 :  4:12:14 PM  Show Profile
Glad to have you back, Anne. See you around the farm.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

1Anne
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Anne
Lebanon CT
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2018 :  07:35:56 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all for the "welcome backs" and "well wishes!!" I apologize for this delayed response. I'd like to keep up better, but my time management doesn't match life's events. Any suggestions from those who seem to keep up with the "Farm?"
My ankle finally healed and I am starting to run again. I even snow-shoed, but only in the open field for now (I broke my ankle snow-shoeing in the woods.)
Here's to a better year in 2019!!! :-) Anne

Yes, in God I trust.
Go to Top of Page

Janice
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Janice
Vancouver WA
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2018 :  6:42:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Anne.
Welcome back. Glad you are feeling better and getting back to the farm activities. We all need to be needed and serve a purpose. Be care and try not to do too much and re-injure your ankle. I have sometimes tried to do to much and re-injure myself. As I get older and I'm just finding my purpose in live. I find that I try to squeeze too much in a day and then I'm really tried the next few days. I am learning how to pace myself.

Nice to meet another Christian on line
Janice A.K.A. Vintage Artist and city gardener.
Go to Top of Page

1Anne
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Anne
Lebanon CT
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2018 :  4:57:01 PM  Show Profile
Hi Janice - Nice to meet you also!! I think you are right-on about pacing ourselves. I do try to do too much and I also find myself wearing out easier as the years (or months) go by. But, "New Year's Resolutions" are just around the corner...I think I'll add this to my ever-growing list!! LOL!!! :-) Anne

Yes, in God I trust.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2019 :  7:28:37 PM  Show Profile
Hey Anne...welcome back....
And so sorry to hear about your ankles.... 2019 should be a great year for you to get back into MJF Mischief!
>^••^<

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic I'm back, too!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page