lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2018 :  03:59:34 AM  Show Profile
Does anyone have bulbs to share? Maybe a barter for something I have.

Farmgirl #5111
Farmgirl of the month October 2014
Blessings
~Kelly~

Edited by - lovinRchickens on Nov 04 2018 04:18:52 AM

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2018 :  09:45:41 AM  Show Profile
The best time to ask for daffodil bulbs is in the spring after they turn yellow. They have stored their energy and are ready to dig up and replant at that time. I have tons of them and I would be glad to dig you some and send them then. Mine have been planted twenty years and they need dug and reset. There are several different kinds. I also have paper whites and tons of the double old fashions. There is plain yellow and light yellow. And some other special ones. Let me know if you would like me to send some in the spring. E-mail me your address if you do want them and I promise I will mail you a bunch. They do not have to be set in the fall. It would be fun to share as my neighbor gave me these years ago. I would like to let someone else enjoy them too.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2018 :  10:31:45 AM  Show Profile
I will PM you Barbara

Farmgirl #5111
Farmgirl of the month October 2014
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2018 :  11:26:01 AM  Show Profile
Got your email and have your address written down. I won't forget and will look forward to sharing them with you. They have brought me joy for many springs. They are over crowding themselves and dividing them will be a good thing. It is unreal how many daffodils are here---a lot planted by my grandparents before I came here. Or perhaps great-great grandparents. And so many by me. I am surprised how fast they multiplied.

Go to Top of Page

BloomnGa
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Sherri
Warner Robins Georgia
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2019 :  5:02:47 PM  Show Profile
If you are still willing to share some daffodils, I am willing to pay for postage especially since I wasn't in on the original message. I was surprised to see Flat Top was so close to Beckley and Winterplace! I grew up in Pulaski County, Va with relatives in White Sulphur. It seems like we were always running over to Beckley for some reason or another!
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2019 :  10:54:06 AM  Show Profile
I usually dig mine late summer when they are dormant. Like Barbara said, the leaves need to die back because that is how the bulb stores energy. I have several kinds but I don't have enough to share yet. :( There is a local master gardener group that sells bulbs in October (that's when we plant...the further north you go, the earlier you'd plant). I discovered I have one with an apricot colored trumpet and it bloomed for the first time this year. I never remember what I plant. Lol.

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.blog
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2019 :  04:28:54 AM  Show Profile
Sherri---I would be glad to send you some daffodil bulbs. Send me your address and I will send them when they die down and are ready. It would be a pleasure. Glad to meet someone that knows my area. Flat Top is where Winterplace is located. The top of the mountain in front of where I grew up is now lit up with lights from the ski resort. So pretty at night. It still seems strange to me that the mountain is full of skiers. I used to walk my dogs to the top ski lift by an access road behind Winterplace. We moved from "downtown" Flat Top to an old farm close by about twenty years ago. My husband works in Beckley. We do all our shopping there although we are just as close to Princeton. I love White Sulphur springs and the Lewisburg area.

Go to Top of Page

Krissel
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Vicki
Sebring FLORIDA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - May 16 2019 :  7:34:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Krissel a Yahoo! Message
Hollergirl, Barbera, how wonderful! I wish I had more room! I think daffodils were my first love of flowers! It's the one thing I wanted to have after my son was born! I know I'm good whenever I think about me and plants. I grew up without them! One fisherman's daughter here!

Farmgirl#7588
Laughter makes the heart strong!
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - May 27 2019 :  5:33:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kelly---I've got your daffodils dug up---six kinds. I'll let them dry a bit and get them in the mail next week when I can get to the PO. I'll email you when I send them so that you can be looking for them. I had fun digging them---amazing how many bulbs are in a bunch. I put the teeny ones back in the ground and kept the bigger ones for you. It will be a job to plant them---but fun to look forward to them blooming.

Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - May 28 2019 :  1:42:28 PM  Show Profile
Barbara
You are such a sweetheart! I am SO excited to plant beautiful flowers. I really do thank you.

Farmgirl #5111
Farmgirl of the month October 2014 & January 2019
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2019 :  11:40:16 AM  Show Profile
Kelly---I got your bulbs in the mail today. It makes me happy to send them to you and I hope they give you many years of beautiful spring blooms. The bulbs are not as big as store bought ones and some will need to grow before they bloom. But before you know it there will be a lot of blooms and they keep getting thicker every year. Hope you enjoy them .

Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2019 :  12:26:26 PM  Show Profile
Oh Barbara,
I am really excited. Thank you so very much.

Farmgirl #5111
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2019 :  1:20:02 PM  Show Profile
Barbara,
I received my box today and was like a kid at Christmas. I will be even more so when they make magnificent blooms. I thank you dearly.

Farmgirl #5111
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2019 :  11:08:16 AM  Show Profile
You are very welcome and have fun planting---even though it do get tedious. It made me remember planting mine when we were just planning to build our house. There was nothing in the holler as I sat about my lonely task. I could only imagine the house and actually living there. But twenty-one years later the house is there and the daffodils are thick. So glad I brought the bulbs down and planted them even though it felt silly at the time. Time sure does fly.

Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Daffodils Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page