Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2018 :  08:33:35 AM  Show Profile
Boy that went fast, beautiful colors, then high winds and rain and days of raking and now they are calling for snow. Pretty soon Thanksgiving. I'll have a houseful on that day. Then on to Christmas. Seems like every year the time goes faster. I think we just had Christmas. But all of this is a good thing. So looking forward to the Holidays.
Nancy Jo

NANCY JO

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2018 :  11:28:44 AM  Show Profile
Nancy you are right that the leaves went from pretty to brown so fast. One day I was walking in the most beautiful yellow woods---lots of beeches---and in two days they were all brown. I was so surprised the color was instantly gone. I too am looking forward to the holidays---just me and my husband but we really enjoy it all---like two kids.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6682 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6682 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2018 :  2:51:58 PM  Show Profile
I agree Nancy. It seems like each year this time of year just flys by so fast. And it the one time of year I want to go slow and enjoy. It's probably because we do so much with family and friends and with activities that it just zooms by. I am very excited for the holidays! My favorite part is making all my family members something and I'm working on that now so it exciting!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2018 :  3:52:47 PM  Show Profile
I have to agree. I was out walking last week and thought how fast the leaves turned brown. The season creeps up on us so quickly!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2018 :  10:39:22 AM  Show Profile
Ummmmm, our deciduous trees are just now thinking about maybe turning colors. My Southern Red Maple is as green as can be and the Shumard Oak has a few yellowing leaves here and there. The Cyprus trees are now starting to turn their beautiful rusty brown which is quite pretty in certain angles of sunlight.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4895 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4895 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2018 :  3:45:32 PM  Show Profile
Ours trees just started changing last week. The leaves are starting to fall now, so pretty watching them today! Look at these crazy mums, this was taken yesterday 4 days after they were covered with 1/4 inch snow and the Temp dropped to 28! They are hardy in our Zone!

Connie #3392
Imagine....
Fgotm August 2014, September 2018
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2018 :  09:13:01 AM  Show Profile
Always SAD to see those Beautiful Fall Colors go, isn't it girls? I just Love fall so much!! My second favorite season of the year.
Winter here is usually RAIN, so I never look forward to that...but they tell me that's what keeps Western Washington so Beautiful in
the Spring, Summer and Fall!! LOL I say they are just making excuses for all the rain we get. LOL

Connie...you will like the Poem I wrote and included in your Thanksgiving Card...because you Love the Fall so much!!

OK Ladies, it is sunny and crisp here today. I might get out and shop for a while today but for the most part I am done!
And the gifts are wrapped! Can't wait to get them out to The Families so I can walk through my bedroom again. LOL

Enjoy Thanksgiving Week!!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2018 :  1:11:41 PM  Show Profile
We don’t get much Fall or Winter here in Florida, but the time flys by just as fast. I love being able to go to the beach almost every week. Inside, in the Fall, it is Fall in my heart anyway, no matter how hot it is outside. We eat chili and pot pies, hot cocoa too. I think the ongoing decrease in light/sunshine is what triggers Fall for me. I do enjoy the cooler days. I also enjoy seeing pics and hearing all of your cooler weather memories.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Farmgirl #5554
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4895 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4895 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2018 :  3:57:01 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I can't wait to read it! Oh I do love Fall!!!

Connie #3392
Imagine....
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic LAST Days of Fall Colors Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page