HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2018 :  10:29:14 AM  Show Profile
Who has the blahs? I usually feel lonely and sad after Christmas but not this year as hubby is home and we are having fun. I got the new Joyce Meyer book to read and an Auntie Acid page a day calendar---also an Anne Tainter wall calendar and her weekly planner---now I will have friendship all year as they are the true me'---LOLs---and I am like that but also have a lot of good points. What was your greatest gift or happening this Christmas? No diamond rings for me here in the holler---just a wonderful hard candy Christmas.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2018 :  11:50:13 AM  Show Profile
I had a Wonderful Christmas...the gifts were all GREAT...but my Family really made it Special!!! My youngest Son Shane and His Sweet Wife Sadie and my two youngest
GrandKids Elijah (5) and Savannah Grace (3) and My Best Friend Patti (Sadie's Mom) just made it a Fabulous Christmas! I Love Celebrating with them each year. My
husband is very ill and my one son who is living with us, his Gout was flaring...so If I had to stay Home for Christmas it would have been a Blue/Blue Christmas.
But it was one of the BEST Ever for me. Thank You Jesus! The only Diamonds I got for Christmas I bought myself! LOL I really don't care that much for Diamonds; I
Love Opals (my birthstone) so I bought myself a new wedding set That is a 1 1/2 k. Opal with small pave diamonds on the band and the Wedding band...and the gold is
Rose Gold which I really Love. So, I plan to just wear one set one week and the set my husband bought the other week and enjoy them both! I Know, Crazy huh? But
that is me. I love Jewelry and yet it holds no real sentimental value to me. I just LOVE IT ALL!!! LOL Non of it going with me when I die.

Have A Great Rest of The Week!! Hope You All Had Lots of Memory making Time For Your Christmas too!

Love and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2018 :  04:02:28 AM  Show Profile
My brother- and sister-in-law visited with their dogs for Christmas. The most fun we had was playing Uno, because we're all a little forgetful and my mother-in-law tries to put down cards that she can't play and we just laugh and laugh at everything. Only my sourpuss husband doesn't play.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs just need to relax and accept it.

Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year. NPR Reader's Almanac
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6811 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6811 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2018 :  04:48:04 AM  Show Profile
My Christmas day was peaceful and I worked on a new wool applique project. No blahs here because I am doing what I do to keep them away. I am planning what to order for my 2019 gardens. I want to have my order for live herb and vegetable plants ready by Jan 2 so I can put in my order online with Mountain Valley Growers. That way I am sure of getting the plants I want before they sell out. The plants will be shipped at the appropriate time for my Zone 7. To beat the blabs I look forward. I also have my wool projects and working on my cozy mystery to keep my hands and mind busy.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2018 :  08:02:03 AM  Show Profile
Trying to beat the blahs here.... We were sick for Christmas (this is the first day I'm starting to feel human again). To top it off, this was our first Christmas without Brad's dad here on earth. But watching the joy on my kids' faces as they gave each other the gifts they worked so hard on making was beyond uplifting! All in all, we are so very very blessed <3

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2283 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2283 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2018 :  08:31:03 AM  Show Profile
No blahs here. My heart is full with the love shown from family and friends, not necessarily gift wise but definitely in the love and time shared. My greatest gifts are always seeing the joy and wonder in my grandchildrens faces. We played picture charades and I laughed until I had tears in my eyes watching their antics.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9244 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9244 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2018 :  04:54:40 AM  Show Profile
No blahs here yet. I still have company but they will be leaving today. We did have a wonderful stress free Christmas. My daughter and her family came over and spent the whole day. My son came home for a few days. My brother in law and nephew came for a week visit. It was just a nice time all around. We opened our gifts had breakfast in between and after a nice dinner. Cleaned up and spent the rest of the day learning and playing new games. The grands went home tuckered out. Meeting girlfriends for lunch today and trying to stay positive in this nasty rainy weather. Fighting off a sinus infection.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/

Edited by - levisgrammy on Dec 28 2018 04:55:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2018 :  1:23:04 PM  Show Profile
No blahs down here in Florida either!! We are heading into a 5 day stretch of 80 degrees ! Plus, Fall has arrived and all the deciduous trees down here are showing off their oranges and reds. I guess you could say, I am still celebrating Fall because I kept my stone pumpkin out and my backyard cornstalks, pumpkins and mums. The mums are already going for a second blooming!! LOL!! Inside is Christmas and outside backyard is still very much fall!! I did knit a red/green scarf for my stone pumpkin's hat to make him festive!! lOL!! He had his candle lit and his famous big grin on my front porch on Christmas Eve to enjoy watching Santa flying by!! Hmmm, I wonder what the reindeer thought? Who knows, maybe they see lots of Fall enthusiasts keeping pumpkins out as they criss cross the World!! LOL!! And.....I am still enjoying my pumpkin spice coffee. I snatched up the last few bags at the store, froze one for July when I am longing for Fall 2019, and the rest I will continue to enjoy. Also, I noticed that one of my azalea bushed in the front yard has flower blooms that are getting pretty big. I hope we don't have too much heat because they will bloom and then we might get a freeze come January, which is our coolest month of the year.

I am getting my MJF Planner all set up for 2019 and having fun making notes and creating my list of ideas and books to read for 2019.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2018 :  04:33:47 AM  Show Profile
We expect more visitors today, and since we sent off next week's newspaper, I am off till Thursday! We plan to go to the newly reopened Cincinnati museum at the Union Station, maybe go to the zoo, and I still have my mother-in-law's quilt to hand quilt.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs just need to relax and accept it.

Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year. NPR Reader's Almanac
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4911 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4911 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2018 :  12:11:23 PM  Show Profile
Winnie, your seasons sound wonderful! Julie I loved your picture of your farm!
Peggs, glad you had a joyful Christmas!
Hollergirl, I love Joyce Meyer!
Sara, we do living with MS have to stay focused on creating! Looking forward to my small garden, got my first seed catalog this week!
Vanessa, you made me laugh, the best gift ever! My hubby is a sourpuss too! Lol!
The joy of Christmas can stay in your heart all year!
Hugs! Connie#3392

Edited by - Killarney on Dec 29 2018 12:20:42 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic after Christmas blahs Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page