Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 How do you beat Cabin Fever?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic How do you beat Cabin Fever? Next Topic  

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2279 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2279 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2019 :  3:56:31 PM  Show Profile
With the polar vortex taking over most often country, Cabin Fever is starting to set in. How do you beat the winter blues. Some of the things I do since we aren't traveling this winter have been, jigsaw puzzles, trying new recipes, lots of reading, planning my garden, having indoor picnics with the grandkids and lots of crafting. I would love be to hear what everyone else does.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado

Edited by - treelady on Jan 31 2019 6:04:26 PM

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2019 :  6:02:21 PM  Show Profile
It has been difficult not to become depressed with all this cold and having to stay in.
I have been working on my handquilting. Finishing some projects.
Doing some baking to help keep the house warmer and the cookie jar full.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2019 :  7:10:47 PM  Show Profile
Vitamin D, reading, bird watching from the kitchen window and crafting.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2019 :  9:07:28 PM  Show Profile
I haven't had a chance to get Cabin Fever,,, I have been to busy trying to get over this crudy cold I have had for the past 9 days,,,
Vite D & C are getting me through! lolol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2019 :  12:18:49 PM  Show Profile
Small trips to the stores or a walk to our mailbox has helped my cabin fever. I don't leave my house often but just the walk down the road to the mailbox helps all of my family feel better. Cabin fever is horrible this year. Is it spring yet?

Grace, I hope you feel better soon.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2019 :  12:33:50 PM  Show Profile
Oh girls, I so wish I could exchange some weeks with ya. You could get out in my 65-70 degree weather and then I could snuggle up with your COLD weather. Sounds blissful to me.
Grace I sure hope your getting better.

Farmgirl #5111
Farmgirl of the month October 2014
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2019 :  08:07:51 AM  Show Profile
I Don't get cabin fever until about the middle of March and then I am ready to be done with winter. I often don't want to go outside when it is cold and I dread it---I have to go out to feed my animals and take my dogs walking. After I get out I feel much happier and really enjoy being out there. Carrying in wood is invigorating too. I am always glad to get back in the house and enjoy the day. Regular chores keep me very busy so not much time for fun. I love to do paint by number and am working on one now plus making some aprons and simple summer tops. I love reading. I also love to watch the ID channel---my one guilty pleasure. I absolutely hate murder but I am so appalled by the things that people will do that it fascinates me. I also enjoy doing crossword puzzles and just being cozy with my animals. I study Bible prophecy also. Never bored around here and a good winter nap is always great fun. Not enough hours in the day. Sometimes I actually dread spring and all the work as my body doesn't want to go very good these days. I just love the seasons and go with the flow.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4085 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4085 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2019 :  04:48:19 AM  Show Profile
I donn't get it either. Having a farm, kind of gets ypu out and going. I did go out yesterday and cross country skied. First time this year, yippee. Just a short trip across my fields though the woods and back out to the road. Nice to be out in the woods and enjoy winter. Glad the thirty below zero air temps left our part of the country.

Farming in WI

Michele
Go to Top of Page

Paula Stone
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Paula
Deer Park Washington
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2019 :  1:45:55 PM  Show Profile
Plant petunias in January and peppers and tomatoes in February for my Vintage In Bloom Plant Nursery and art retreat center. If I can play in the dirt I can stay sane in the Pacific Northwest.

Paula J Stone
Go to Top of Page

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2019 :  2:08:19 PM  Show Profile
We are in the middle of a crazy snow event here in the Puget Sound region of Washington. We've had two snowstorms (about 9 inches total at my house so far) and two more storms to go in the next three days. We aren't prepared for storms like this so the roads are terrible. I'm feeling SO trapped. I've been reading a lot, working on some projects for my synagogue's women's group, making cards, working on my diamond dots pictures, and watching episodes of "The Office," as well as Fiddler on the Roof. We haven't been able to make it out to our travel trailer at the campground where we keep it, so I'm worried about it - hoping things aren't freezing there (we have the winter camping package so it should be okay). I'm supposed to go on a business trip to New Orleans on Friday and I'm afraid I won't be able to get to the airport. Ahhhh! I'm so ready for spring to come!!!

Farmgirl Sister #127
My blog: http://14thandoak.com
"Nowadays, even living simply - working only to acquire life's most basic necessities, demands so much." - Rebbe Nachman of Breslov
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2019 :  4:31:45 PM  Show Profile
Paula,, I would be out weeding,, except my weeds are under a foot of snow,, so I play in my craft room...(fyi, I live in Medical Lake-just a hop, skip and jump from Deer Park.

Rachel, I was watching the news last night, I saw even Squime got a good snow fall...

Ah, we are living the good life! snorks-n-giggles!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

sippolac
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Corinne
Trenton Ontario
Canada
2 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2019 :  5:20:40 PM  Show Profile
We've been dealing with a lot of snow, ice and freezing rain, but I try to get outside for some fresh air every day not matter what the weather. Thick socks and snow pants help a lot! And plenty of exercise and socializing keeps the blues away. I hope everyone is staying warm!
Go to Top of Page

Paula Stone
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Paula
Deer Park Washington
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2019 :  1:41:27 PM  Show Profile
My plants are taking over the house and we won't be firing up the greenhouse until the week of March 10th. Visit my Vintage In Bloom Facebook page.

Paula J Stone
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic How do you beat Cabin Fever? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page