Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Gone too long again...back to my FG roots!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Gone too long again...back to my FG roots! Next Topic  

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - May 09 2019 :  06:35:49 AM  Show Profile
Hi my farmgirl friends,

What a crazy year we have had here. After the tornado last May a year ago that went through our yard, and my daughter being a junior in high school (mom's taxi service keeps me busy, lol), along with a new schedule for dh, my work and saying "yes" to a lot of volunteering, I have not been able to do all of the things that bring me joy, including my farmgirl sisterhood chatting! Poof - it has been months since I have been able to log on. My dd keeps the computer so tied up with homework, too. My turn! Hello my farmgirl friends!

THAT'S IT - getting back to my farmgirl roots!

Things are calming down finally. The school year is finishing up. Working on getting the property back to order still. My flower beds were destroyed first by the storm, second from a big tree from said storm, and lastly by the tent they used all around the perimeter of the house when the new roof was put on. So this year I am cleaning out shrubs and when the soil warms up a bit more will do some new planting.

Since last fall, I lost twenty pounds and keep it off by exercising and making time for me, though now it is time to add to that time and get back to some farmgirl fun.

Have been baking, getting the glamper spring ready, and helping my dd wind down the school year. See more here if you'd like - howhttp://www.farmgirlbloggers.com/16262#more-16262

I am also hoping to get my sisterhood group together again soon. Time seems to fly faster and faster. It really takes effort to slow down these days, doesn't it?

Am hoping all my faraway farmgirl friends here are doing well. How are you all? I can't wait to see what new posts are awaiting here.

I've been knitting and sewing, and will start a new project today- quilted place mats. I am making my own pattern from a similar place mat I have (smaller, Scandinavian size). Hope it works the way I envision it.

I am hoping to do some Sunshine jelly this weekend, too. I only get one chance a year, lol! I already have picked and washed my flowers.

While I blog regularly as the Suburban Farmgirl, I wanted to post here to say hello again. xoxo

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155
Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
Chapter Leader, CT Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, Jan. 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blog
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6747 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6747 Posts

Posted - May 09 2019 :  06:53:53 AM  Show Profile
Nicole, so happy to hear from you and looking forward to many more post to come. FarmGirl roots - I like it - whether we live in town or country we all are rooted in being FarmGirls at heart.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - May 09 2019 :  06:55:49 AM  Show Profile
Sara! You have been on my mind! I have missed you! I hope you are doing well. I have thought of you often. What's new with you, my friend?

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155

Suburban Farmgirl Blog

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6747 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6747 Posts

Posted - May 09 2019 :  07:08:31 AM  Show Profile
Nicole, I have thought of you too but let time slip by without contacting you. I must do a better job of keeping in touch with my FG friends.

I'm well and hanging on to my peace day by day. My herbs and a few vegetables are thriving with all the rain we have been having. I record all the hi-lites in the garden journal you sent me. It stays under my day planner so it's always handy.

Since we last talk I have taken up wool applique and dearly love it. Today I am working on two chair swags for kitchen table chairs. Hope to make a set for each of the four seasons.

Congrats on losing 20 lbs and working to keep it off. I've lost 20 lbs over the last year but have another 20 to go. I remember you gave up cheese - have you added it by into your diet?

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - May 09 2019 :  07:31:26 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sara,

Glad to hear you are doing well!

I would love to see some of your wool applique! Sounds like fun and I bet it is lovely!

My herbs and garden are having issues with the rain, too, as well as I can't really plant yet with the cool temps. My lettuce pot got flooded and took ten minutes to drain, though now I think I drained it enough before root rot happened.

I don't snack on cheese like I used to. I have eaten it here and there, but when I cook with it I use it sparingly. In casseroles, etc. I try to use a skim version or omit the full amount. I also try to add activity to burn the extra calories if I do eat something naughty. I have to watch the ice cream this summer!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155

Suburban Farmgirl Blog

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - May 09 2019 :  08:09:49 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Nice to see you back on MJF, Nicole. Sorry to hear about all your tornado damages, and glad to hear you are getting back to normal in that aspect.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4850 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4850 Posts

Posted - May 09 2019 :  09:41:55 AM  Show Profile
Hey Nicole! Good to hear from you!
Connie
Go to Top of Page

Krissel
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Vicki
Sebring FLORIDA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - May 09 2019 :  6:05:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Krissel a Yahoo! Message
Hi Sara I am glad to hear you're able to do some gardening with all the weather you're getting. Wool applique sounds like a fun one to try and I also wanted to do some felting in the future. Good to see you here.

Farmgirl#7588
Laughter makes the heart strong!
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - May 10 2019 :  1:36:29 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back Nicole! It's wonderful to hear from you! I'm sorry to hear about the mess that tornado left you. That really sucks. I hope you can get everything back together soon. Congratulations on your 20 pound loss! I think it's time I jump on board to lose the rest of my baby weight lol! I hope to hear more from you!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - May 10 2019 :  2:54:55 PM  Show Profile
Nicole.... hugz, Hugz, Hugz...
>^..^<

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - May 13 2019 :  1:54:15 PM  Show Profile
Aww thank you farmgirls! I have truly missed you all! It's like a piece of my heart is missing when I don't see/hear from my farmgirl friends.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155

Suburban Farmgirl Blog

Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1601 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1601 Posts

Posted - May 13 2019 :  4:57:30 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back Nicole.

Hugs,
Laurie
Country girl at heart
"Smile and be yourself everyday."

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - May 13 2019 :  7:30:45 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back Nicole! Welcome to life! It gets crazy for awhile then kids grow up and then it seems like you have too much time. Enjoy it while it unfolds!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - May 14 2019 :  06:23:39 AM  Show Profile
Nicole, So nice to see you back! We all have those times but so nice you have found your way back to us.

I agree Bonnie on life being crazy and then too much time when the kids are all gone.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1399 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1399 Posts

Posted - May 14 2019 :  08:18:34 AM  Show Profile
Hi Nicole, glad to see your back and doing well :)

Put your hair up in a bun, drink some coffee and handle it.
Cards by Joan Creations on FB
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - May 15 2019 :  11:05:24 AM  Show Profile
Nicole, you have had one busy year!! It is so good to hear from you again and know that life is humming along. We have missed you as well!! We just got back from a two week vacation to Italy, but I always look forward to coming home and getting back with my MJF Community. Let us know how your Summer pans out and I hope you can share some photos of your Glamping adventures too!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2019 :  6:58:38 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back Nicole.

Farmgirl 7774
Never miss a sunset

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Gone too long again...back to my FG roots! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page