Page: of 2

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2019 :  3:22:18 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hi there Farmgirl Sisters,
It's been an unusually long time (for me) since I've been here on the Connection and I just wanted to drop by and say "HI"! I'm sure there are some of you who don't know me, but there are lots of gals who do and I've missed being here.

As you all know, life throws "hiccups" into our paths, some of which are very unexpected and not pleasant. Over the past six years I've been struggling with health issues that have taken me by surprise and are progressively becoming more of a struggle. I won't get into the details of those things other than to say it has all SUCKED the energy, creativity, and productivity out of my life. So much so that I've just had to LET GO OF SO MANY THINGS! And, in that letting go I've had to learn how to manage my day with a lot of limitations and to be "okay" (or as okay as one can be) with it. Just do the best I can. My daughter, says "one foot in front of the other"! My hubby has also had to change his lifestyle to be available to help me.

I lost my beloved Australian cattle dog, sweet Bramble, the end of May 2018, over a year ago to bone cancer. She was my pal, companion, glamping/camping dog and I MISS HER SO MUCH IT HURTS! Will be looking for a new doggie to live with us sometime. And, I almost lost my fun, funny and energetic tortoiseshell kitty, Silky, recently . She was SOOOO very sick with an unspecified infection and was treated by our vet. Thankful to God for healing and restoring her to us.

We were raising Longhorn cows and in April 2018 we butchered our last (biggest and dumbest) steer and sold the remaining "girls". That was a life-changer but we are getting too old for chasing cows . . . and how!

Anyway, I'm trying to do what I can, learn to manage and cope with my "new normal" and stay positive. I'm thankful for my God, my family and my good friends.

I'm hoping to "tune in" to the Connection a little more frequently than I have been. I'd always been there daily and posting a lot. I also hope to make more farmgirl sister acquaintances.

Thanks for listening!
Farmgirl Best Wishes,
CJ Armstrong

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Jul 10 2019 3:02:54 PM

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6437 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6437 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2019 :  3:46:48 PM  Show Profile
I have missed you on the farm CJ but have been keeping up with you though emails, cards and letters. You know I always keep you in my heart, thoughts, and prayers always. Hang in there Sweet Friend. Love Ya!

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Colorado
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the ocean.” Lord Byron”
Women are Angels, and
when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Jul 09 2019 3:47:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2019 :  3:56:38 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I've missed your posts, CJ. I hope things get easier for you soon. So glad to see you back with us.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2019 :  4:38:20 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Debbie and Linda! Cherish your friendships so much!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4889 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4889 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2019 :  4:45:07 PM  Show Profile
Hey CJ! I live by your daughters advice, one foot at a time! Sorry you had some rough struggles. Those of us who have lost pets know how you heart misses your Bramble.Its been hard for me to adapt to health issues that change the way I use to do things, so I so understand! Good to hear from you! Big Farmgirl hug! Sunflowers always make me smile.Hope this one makes you smile. Continued farmgirl prayers!
Connie #3392
Imagine.....
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4100 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4100 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2019 :  4:52:59 PM  Show Profile
best wishes to you CeeJay. Sorry to hear of all of your trials in life. I hope things improve for you.

Farming in WI

Michele
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2019 :  4:55:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi CJ,
I knew you were having health issues when I received an email asking for prayers!! I'm sorry about Brambles again, I know how awful it is to lose our furbaby best buds! Then with all the health issues to boot! It seems you are walking hand in hand with God through all this as you sound so hopeful and positive! I do continue to pray for ONLY THE BEST of the best things to happen for you and your husband!!I know that finding so much to be thankful for has helped me tremendously in my life! I see you as a very positive, uplifting soul! Lifting you up CJ and it's good to see you on here again. Huge hugs....

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2019 :  8:00:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi CJ. Glad to meet you. Hope you get to spend more time on here chatting with us. Prayers for your health issues. That can be tough. Making changes and learning to live with a new you is a challenge. I have had to do that due to a horrible car accident two years ago that nearly killed me and left me with a brain injury and constant body pain. There are days that I limp so bad that I use a cane to start the day. I have had to make some changes and am getting used to the new me. I'm sorry to hear about your dog. They are like family, aren't they? I will be thinking about you and praying for you. Hope to hear from you soon

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2019 :  8:00:25 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for the sunflower Connie! It is a sunny reminder of God's grace through these continued struggles.
Thank you Michele, for your thoughtfulness
Thank you Dianna, for your thoughts and prayers!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2019 :  8:01:47 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Lori for your thoughts and prayers too! I'm so sorry to hear that you are having such struggles and pain. I will pray for you too!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6791 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6791 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2019 :  04:03:53 AM  Show Profile
CeeJay it's so good to have you here again. Hope you will be able to post often. You have been missed.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2019 :  07:02:12 AM  Show Profile
I have been missing your posts and wondering what might be going on. I knew you were struggling with health issues and am so sorry to hear that they have not gotten better. Will be keeping you in prayer and look forward to seeing you on the forum when you are feeling up to it.

Karin
Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2019 :  07:23:32 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Sara, THANK YOU!! I think of you and pray for you as I know you are dealing with your own health concerns.

Karin, THANK YOU!! I appreciate your prayers!

CJ

Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2019 :  07:30:47 AM  Show Profile
CeeJay,

So good to see you back. I have been struggling with health issues myself. I feel what you are saying about the "new norm" and having to give up things you really love. Coming to the farm with all these wonderful ladies and living vicariously through them has really helped me. I hope to see you here a lot because you are Special to me.

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #93
My Blog

www.annapearlshomestead.wordpress.com

The Gourmet Cupboard

http://www.thegourmetcupboard.com/sites/sheronetaylor8622

Avon

www.youravon.com/sheronetaylor

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2698 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2698 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2019 :  09:58:34 AM  Show Profile
CJ,

It is so wonderful to have you back with us! I have missed you so much. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I've been dealing with a few health issues myself, but thankfully I am starting to feel a bit better. If you ever need anything and you think I might be able to help, I am right here.

love and hugs,
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

FGOTM August 2012

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2019 :  10:47:06 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Bless you Sherone! You are special to me too . . . praying for you this morning!

Marcy. . . so sorry you have not felt well but glad you're doing better. Thank you for your kindness!

CJ

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2019 :  11:37:26 AM  Show Profile
CJ...it is hard to keep a good Farmgirl Down...you are constantly in my prayers! Life can come at you with a
Bombshell sometimes and knock you down and out for a good length of time...but Our Beloved Papa God always reaches
down and picks you back up and dusts you off and says Follow Me! You know you are not lost to the hearts of those
who love and appreciate you!! Give Papa God your hand and put one foot in front of the other and move forward.

Know that we all give you permission to take care of YOU...First and Foremost...so just get on the boards as you
feel up to it.

Love, Hugs, and Prayers,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2019 :  11:51:16 AM  Show Profile
CJ, I was just thinking of you the other day and wondering if everything was okay. I'm so sorry to hear about all these rough times you are experiencing. You will be in my thoughts. I too also hope to see you around more. I have missed chatting with you and hearing about what's going on over there. Sorry again about your sweet puppy. I hope you can find a new furry friend soon. Keep your head up and take it one day at a time. We are all here for you. Farmgirl hugs.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4714 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4714 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2019 :  2:35:12 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back CJ. So glad you are returning, I have missed your posts. Praying things will improve for you.

Dawn in IL

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.
R.W. Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2019 :  3:15:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi C.J.
Sorry to hear about your health issues. Hope you are doing better.

I remember when you posted about Bramble's crossing over. She was a beauty.

Glad to see you back. Hope things get better soon for you.

TW

The fun begins where the sidewalk ends.
Shel Silverstein
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2019 :  4:17:52 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Peggy, THANK YOU for your prayers and encouragements. I pray for you and your health too!!

Krista, I've missed the chat as well . . . and I THANK YOU for your thoughtfulness!

Dawn, THANK YOU for encouragement and prayers!

Nancy, THANK YOU for your thoughtfulness!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2019 :  4:18:57 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
THANKS TO EVERYONE OF YOU FARMGIRL SISTERS WHO HAVE COME ALONG SIDE OF ME! MEANS MORE THAN I CAN DESCRIBE!!
CJ

Edited by - ceejay48 on Jul 11 2019 07:06:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2019 :  04:41:38 AM  Show Profile
Cj,
As always you are in my thoughts and prayers! It seems as time goes on we are always changing to a new normal whatever that may be. I appreciate you and your love for the Lord and your family.
BIG HUGS!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2019 :  09:18:33 AM  Show Profile
Cj,,, it goes with out saying... always wrapping you in hugz-n-squisches...
>^..^<

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2019 :  10:16:18 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
THANK YOU Denise! You and your prayers are so very appreciated!

Gracie . . .THANK YOU . . .maybe someday we can hug each other again!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2019 :  2:11:35 PM  Show Profile
CeeJay, it is so good to hear from you! I am happy to hear that you are finding a new normal that makes your life less complicated so you can preserve your time for things that you can enjoy. Sending you lots of Florida Farmgirl Hugs and prayers!!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Sidelined by Life Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page