Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Ten Year Anniversary in the FARMGIRL SISTERHOOD
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Ten Year Anniversary in the FARMGIRL SISTERHOOD Next Topic
Page: of 2

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13568 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13568 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2019 :  7:51:49 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Ten years ago on July 17, 2009 I decided I wanted to become an official member of the Mary Janes Farm Sisterhood. It’s hard to believe that it’s been TEN years but it has been one of the most wonderful decades of my life, full of fun, laughter, lessons, friends and more friends. . . experiences beyond compare.

I would not have traded these years for anything in the world as my life has been enriched beyond my wildest dreams and I have been blessed time and time again. I have had the exquisite pleasure of actually meeting many of the farmgirls and spending some of the most precious time with them.

I thought I would share just a few photos and captions from these TEN years . . . just for fun!

~I was TOTALLY humbled and honored at being chosen "FARMGIRL SISTER of the YEAR: 2010

~I was further honored with being selected as Farmgirl Sister of the Month on three different occasions.

~Mother Hen for the Farmgirls Southwest Henhouse for several years, a great privilege.

~I've been a "farmgirl plowin' through" and earned 326 merit badges. Some of them I'll never attain, some others I will . . still working on a few.

~My daughter, Robin, also joined the Sisterhood and we enjoyed being involved together. And, my sweet doggie, Bramble was also part of our farmgirl shenanigans.

~On a road trip in June/July 2011 we meet several farmgirls in Wyoming and Idaho. My daughter (far left) and I had the wonderful privilege of staying at Mary Jane's Outpost B&B where me met Mary Jane, her daughter Meg (on the far right).

~While at the B&B we were treated in high style to a Farmgirl Tea Party where we met some of the Farm staff and several more farmgirls. What a FUN, GRAND time we had.

~Sporting my "Certified Farmgirl" apron while cooking at one of our glamping activities.

Mary Jane's B&B inspired us to do our own glamping "thing" with an EZ-Up canopy and a nice tent with a porch.

~

~Dressing up for dinner out while glamping with my daughter in Arizona, March 2011

~My Australian cattle dog, Bramble, was the VERY BEST glamping dog ever. She had her own chair, slept on my air mattress with me, was a friendly dog and just enjoyed glamping with us. Sadly, I lost her in May of 2018 to bone cancer. She was 14 1/2 years old and I MISS HER SOOOOOO VERY MUCH!!

~On another glamping road trip Robin and I took from Arizona, into Utah, Montana, Idaho and Washington we, once again, had the extraordinary privilege of meeting Mary Jane and Meg at the Farm store in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. She is graciously autographing ALL my books for me!

~There were some other farmgirls with us and we enjoyed a light snack around the table in the Farm Store . . . and a LOT of fun and laughter!

Our glamping tent . . inspired by Mary Jane! Trimmed in lace and all dolled up inside!

Then I bought a cute little trailer, a 1971 Sprite, 10 foot long that we named the "Reiver's Rest". She is Scottish/shabby chic/cottage style and the talk of every campground we've had her in!

Things have changed a lot for me over this decade. My hair is shorter with more "arctic blonde". Because of health struggles I've had to slow down, re-evaluate and adjust to a "new normal". But I'm still a farmgirl, always will be and will always nurture that in my heart, my soul, my mind and my lifestyle.

THANK YOU, SO MUCH, for being a part of this journey with me and for letting me share.

MANY FARMGIRL HUGS and BEST WISHES TO YOU ALL!
CJ

P.S. This photos and comments only BARELY SCRATCH the surface of the experience. It would take volumes for me to share everything!!!

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Jul 17 2019 12:30:21 PM

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6447 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6447 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2019 :  8:19:19 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations CJ! I am happy to be one of the many Farmgirls you have met in your 10 years as a Farmgirl. I have also met Sweet Robin and your Sweet, Sweet Bramble who I wanted to bring home with me but of course you would not let me. I am happy to call you my friend and Farmgirl Sister and I look forward to many more years of friendship. I will see you again my friend,
I love you.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Colorado
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the ocean.” Lord Byron”
Women are Angels, and
when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17024 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17024 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2019 :  9:09:54 PM  Show Profile
CJ,,, such great photos and memories... 10years feels like just a blink of an eye... thanx for sharing yours with us...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2134 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2134 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2019 :  9:18:36 PM  Show Profile
What a lovely remembrance of your ten year anniversary! What fun you have had.

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2019 :  10:25:37 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Congratulations on 10 years with MJF. CJ.

I just realized my 10-year anniversary was April 13th this year.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Jul 16 2019 10:27:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4111 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4111 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2019 :  03:19:10 AM  Show Profile
what a wonderful 10 years. Loved the pictures!!

Farming in WI

Michele
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6811 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6811 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2019 :  04:09:41 AM  Show Profile
Congrats on your 10 Year Anniversary. Thanks for sharing your MJF adventures with us.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2019 :  05:35:14 AM  Show Profile
CJ, congratulations on ten years with the Sisterhood! I remember seeing these pictures, and thinking lucky you to get to spend time with MaryJane. Thanks for sharing the pictures and the memories.

Karin
Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13568 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13568 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2019 :  06:52:10 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks farmgirls! I hope I can meet more farmgirls in the future! It has been a wonderful experience!!

Debbie . . . I'm looking for a picture with you. I know I have one . . somewhere. When I find it I'll post it!

One of the laughter moments was at the Tea Party. Grace Brown is kneeling in front of me in that group photo. We didn't know I was standing on her skirt until she stood up! Well, you can guess! It was such a fun day!

CJ

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2019 :  07:01:42 AM  Show Profile
CeeJay, December 2009 I picked up my first MaryJanesFarm magazine and knew I had found a new home. Meeting many Farmgirls over the year, a visit to MaryJane's farm in 2015, and countless conversations here at the Chatroom, my whole life has been transformed from the many wonderful ideas shared, swaps joined, friendships made, and most profoundly, looking at life in the 21st Century with an over lay of old timey wisdom, practices, and thinking. We, at MJF, have all been encouraged to learn more about our rural roots and ageless value of our own family story. I am a better, stronger, and more compassionate person from this last 9 years of joining in!!

Here are two photos from my list to MaryJane's Farm. I had the privilege of staying in her little sewing room cabin near to the Bunk House Kitchen.

Thank-you CeeJay for all that you contribute and to the many other Farmgirls who have lightened my path of my Pilgrimage through life!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6447 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6447 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2019 :  09:25:09 AM  Show Profile
CJ, I had one of me with the Llama that was so sweet too but it was in my old phone which is no more. But, I am looking for one too. I also thought we took pictures when you an Robin stayed at my house on your way to Denver for the Cancer Walk oh the fun we have had. Meeting Sharon Demers too was fun, I just love her too! Oh the memories of all the Farmgirls we met over the years and hold in our heart, and hope to see again someday. And to meet other Farmgirls that have come into our lives and we are building new memories with.
Imagine Farmgirl Sisters if it were not for our Dear, Sweet MaryJane we would not have the friendships we have and hold so Dear and the new friendships we are making. On my bucket list is to one day meet MaryJane and give her a big Farmgirl Hug and thank her and her Crew for all of the wonderful women that have come into my life! I have too been here 9 years next May.
So thank you MaryJane and all my Farmgirl Sisters for making my life better and happy.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Colorado
Women are Angels, and
when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Jul 17 2019 09:27:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13568 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13568 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2019 :  09:35:19 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
"quiltee" . . . CONGRATULATIONS on your 10th year too!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2019 :  10:27:25 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations CeeJay of being part of this awesome group of sisters. Enjoy another 10+ years here with the rest of us :)

Put your hair up in a bun, drink some coffee and handle it.
Cards by Joan Creations on FB
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2019 :  12:15:56 PM  Show Profile
CJ...CONGRATS ON YOUR 10 YEAR "FARMASISTRY"...How do you like that for a new coined word?LOL

I think you and Robin have just gone out of your way to make MJF Glamping and traveling so FUN for yourselves and getting to know
different Farmsisters All over the States. You have made it Special because YOU are so Special.
All of us who have been Farm Sisters for any length of time...have been Blessed just by knowing
you...even if we have not had the privilege of meeting you in person. And Bramble and Bill have
become part of The Farmgirl Family too. I am so Happy that you have made the Last 10 yrs of
your Journey such a Memorable One and we thank you for letting us share in it...in some small
way. WE ALL LOVE YOU FARM SISTER!!!

I will be celebrating my 10 years next February (I don't usually think about it) but I am with you...there are just
so many wonderful relationships and blessings that have come out of being part of MaryJane's
Farmgirls. It has been life changing!! In The Best of WAYS!!! May we all continue to enjoy it for many more years to come!!!

Love, Joy and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 17 2019 12:22:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13568 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13568 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2019 :  12:16:44 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Found some pics of times spent with "BlessedinColorado" . . Debbie Fischer

Debbie and Marilyn Raber came to visit me in April of 2012. Our llama, Rocky, was giving Debbie a kiss. We lost him to a mountain lion the summer of 2013. He was quite the fellow!!

Robin and I visited Debbie at her house near Colorado Springs, in June of 2012, on our way to work as crew members in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer . . . . . a 2 1/2 day event near Breckenridge, Colorado.

Edited by - ceejay48 on Jul 17 2019 12:32:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13568 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13568 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2019 :  12:22:18 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
My GREATEST JOY is being able to share all these farmgirl experiences with my one and only daughter, Robin.
I made license plate "slice" signs with our Sisterhood numbers on them for us to use whenever and wherever.

Here we hung them on our chairs while tent glamping in Flagstaff, Arizona in September 2012

Edited by - ceejay48 on Jul 17 2019 12:23:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2019 :  12:27:06 PM  Show Profile
I was posting while you were CJ...go back and read what I wrote. I'm so Proud just to know YOU!
Hugs and Love,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2019 :  12:28:37 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks, CJ. Sounds like a lot of us joined in 2009. Must have been a great year for farmgirls.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13568 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13568 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2019 :  1:13:50 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
THANK YOU PEGGY! Getting to know you has been such a treat!

I didn't think much about the anniversary either until I got a notice from Brian reminded me my membership needed to be renewed. So, that's when I figured it out.
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4911 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4911 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2019 :  1:42:07 PM  Show Profile
Happy 10 year Farmgirl- A -versary!
Hugs! Connie
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6447 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6447 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2019 :  3:59:11 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Linda on your 10 days with MaryJanes.
Those are the pictures I was looking for CJ, I love them! Thank you so much.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Colorado
Women are Angels, and
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2019 :  7:18:20 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations, C.J. on 10 years as a farmgirl sister. I just loved the pictures. I joined not long ago so I am still new to so many things yet. What a journey you have had. Thank you so much for sharing. I would love to meet Mary Jane someday. It would be fun to spend some time at her B&B. It looks like you love to glamp, too. What fun. Can't wait to see more pictures posted.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4719 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4719 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2019 :  04:41:19 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful pictures and memories Cee-Jay. Thanks for being with us for the past ten years. MaryJane and Meg are two wonderful ladies, I met them years ago at a book signing and was very touched by their graciousness.

Enjoy your next ten year journey here. I look forward to seeing more pictures!

Dawn in IL

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.
R.W. Emerson
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2019 :  05:44:57 AM  Show Profile
CJ,I have been her 10 years also.WE joined one day apart and I haven't had a day where I don't check in.This site was a real boost for me I need something like this and it has gotten me thru so much.
Here's to 10 more.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13568 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13568 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2019 :  07:01:50 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Diana . . . and it has been such a treasured experience to meet you and stay in your home, sleeping under your BEAUTIFUL quilts, on TWO separate road trips! Would be wonderful to do it again!

I think you joined in 2008 which would make it eleven years for you! WOW! I looked at the members to see because your of your sister number. Mine is 665. Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS to you too!
HUGS!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6447 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6447 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2019 :  08:46:03 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Diana, wow, 11 years that’s wonderful!

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Colorado
Women are Angels, and
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Ten Year Anniversary in the FARMGIRL SISTERHOOD Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page