Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Stuffed Animals-Looking for a new home
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Stuffed Animals-Looking for a new home Next Topic  

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4714 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4714 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2019 :  04:03:19 AM  Show Profile
We have a large number of beautiful stuffed animals that need to go. Does anyone know of a charity that will accept them? They are in perfect shape but I'm not certain if charities will take "used" stuffed animals.

Thanks!
Dawn in IL

The old plum tree is boundless. All at once, it blossoms, opens, and of itself, the fruit is born.
Dogen

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2019 :  7:53:58 PM  Show Profile
Dawn, check with your local Battered women's shelters,, so often these poor women have to leave a horrible situation,, with their children and virtualy the clothes on their backs..
Also, perhaps the Protective Child Cervices,, for the children who are removed from homes and placed in temporary care.
What a sweet thing to do, donating your beloved plush toys.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4714 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4714 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2019 :  04:35:58 AM  Show Profile
Grace thank you for those excellent suggestions. I will definitely do that.

Dawn in IL

The old plum tree is boundless. All at once, it blossoms, opens, and of itself, the fruit is born.
Dogen
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2019 :  12:14:47 PM  Show Profile
I agree with Grace. Maybe you could even try a children's hospital or even a family in need for the upcoming Christmas. You are so very sweet to donate. You will make some children very happy!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2019 :  11:00:48 AM  Show Profile
Our local charities accept used stuffed animals, I'm sure you won't have difficulty finding a local one to take them. We also have local thrift shops where the proceeds support local ministries, maybe you can find one similar in your area? Or, perhaps an assisted living home as gifts for the residents? I know some facilities have handicapped patients who love to carry their babies around! Love that you are taking time to find the perfect home for your stuffies!! Love makes the world go round!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Stuffed Animals-Looking for a new home Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page