Cissik
True Blue Farmgirl

578 Posts

Sylvia
Kent WA
USA
578 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2019 :  1:09:45 PM  Show Profile
Years ago our bunny was being attacked by a pack of wild dogs. We didn't have neighbors nor a fence. So, not being the sharpest pencil in the box, he chose to escape from his cage and take off. We are assuming he got away from the dogs and has procreated with some other female escapee and has given my neighborhood a large pack of bunnies. I know it was him as they all resemble him in color and type. Heretofore, they've never been dumb enough to come into my fenced back yard where my dogs have reign. I have 2 doxies and a doxie-silky terrier mix. This morning as I was tiptoeing outside to enjoy my morning cuppa, Cassie, the youngest doxie went ripping out across the yard in mad pursuit. I saw the little bugger go flying across the yard escaping under the gate! This completely explains why I have no carrot crop, finding large tooth marks in my Duchess of Oldenberg apples, and various other sorts of mischief. I do not raise fruits and vegetables for critters. Dang! My doxies need to step up and do their hunting thing. One has captured moles and squirrels. Any ideas?

Sylvia
Kent, WA
Farm Girl #5389
Back Door Farm Girls Chapter
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thecopperedsea
http://vintagegathering.blogspot.com
Love The People God Gave You Because He Will Need Them Back Someday.

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6746 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6746 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2019 :  1:23:00 PM  Show Profile
Sylvia, I hope someone is able to help you with your bunny problem. I've only seen one rabbit the 8 years I have been in Paris. Squirrels are my biggest problem.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2019 :  1:41:28 PM  Show Profile
We had someone up the road release domestic rabbits. I trapped one and the other keeps getting in my garden. Evading my live traps so far. But the one I caught we have in an old chicken coop and it is so sweet. Sure hope I can catch bunny no. 2, before it eats all my garden. Good luck to you too, Sylvia.

Farmgirl #5111
Farmgirl of the month October 2014 & January 2019
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Bunnies Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page