HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2019 :  10:58:40 AM  Show Profile
I thought it would be fun to describe ourselves through what we like and who we like. I always wear black clothes spiced up with colors. I love all animals and small children. I have a great sense of humor. I love nature and gardening. I love hand written letters. I love fruits and veggies and meat makes me sick to look at it---although I do eat a little of it. I love to read! I love peace and quiet. I love rock music and Mick Jagger. I love to study the Bible and I love Joyce Meyer. I hate politics although I keep up on the news. I hate housework. I hate big huge vehicles. I hate people staring at their cell phones. I can't take death and funerals---tears me up for days. I guess that's enough for now. Please reply and we will really know each other---and I know you are all great people---love all of you and your kind hearts---and I guess most of all I am so kind--hearted I have been used a lot. My neighbor told me I was the kindest person she had ever met. But ladies---I have learned the hard way---nice guys really do finish last---LOL.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6791 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6791 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2019 :  11:56:04 AM  Show Profile
Personality-wise I'm sorta like a crazy quilt - a little of this & a tad of that all pieced together to make the woman I am. At 77 years I still think of myself as a work in progress and I'm still spinning on that Potter's wheel.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2019 :  5:12:43 PM  Show Profile
Sara and HG56.. if only I were talented enough to put your 'words' to music.. I think we could have a great Country & Western song!
snorks and giggles..

Like Sara, I am a little of this and that and a bunch of other things tossed in for good measure...

Bohemian, Ecclectic, Modern and Victorian,,, A lover of nature, critters, children and Lakes... but also mischievous and adventurous...
Tea and Scones one day and Tacos the next...
Quiet one minute and singing to the dog the next..
I can't sit still for to long... my brain and imagination wonders quite readily...
I value family and friends... I am uniquely me... heeheehee!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Nov 26 2019 5:14:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

NatChap
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Natalie
Clarkesville GA
USA
441 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2019 :  6:41:23 PM  Show Profile
I love animals, plants, art, antiques, Victorian ephemera, most all genres of music (depends on my mood), coffee, tea, water (lots of it every day), sun hats, hiking, gardening, short road trips, thrifting, photography, waterfalls, when people are happy, sparkly lights, lightning bugs, butterflies, sitting around a fire, crocheting, pressing flowers, writing, watching the cosmos during meteor showers, eclipses, humor, learning new things...….Lots of things!
I also love peace and quiet and despise the act of people constantly looking down at their phones. Technology is wonderful because farmgirls can chat and share. It's a double-edged sword as society in general has become socially inept. It's a painful fact but I am happy that I remember a time when most everyone smiled and talked to each other. And, there are still a few of us who do!

Keep shining!
Natalie

"Ask what makes you come alive and go do it." ~Howard Thurman

Edited by - NatChap on Nov 26 2019 6:43:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2019 :  2:21:37 PM  Show Profile
Grace---that is a great outfit for sure---and yes I do know it is humorous. But I must say I like to dress differently and always get compliments in town---just not when hubby is with me, hope more of you will describe yourselves. I have depression and have to take a crazy pill---generic Lexapro. I am a loner and have a fear of people because they always end up hurting my feelings. I do not talk a lot---an introvert for sure---but my hubby thinks I talk too much. I have only made four true friends in my whole life. And yes---I am a little touched in the head as my dear---now dead---old holler college girlfriend used to say. She was the total redneck but she adored me; so I can't be all bad. Sara---you are always so mysterious---I picture you as a beautiful kind soul. Ladies---likes and interests would be so interesting. But I digress---who has time to talk at Thanksgiving. We are celebrating today because of hubbies horrid retail work. And oh yes---I hate Walmart severely. So EVIL.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2019 :  06:05:46 AM  Show Profile
Oh boy, where do I start. First off, I am a christian but I don't judge anyone that disagrees with me or my faith. I have been discribed as kinda weird or quirky because I not only march to my own drum I beat it too. Literally! I love drumming and have a few hand drums. I also play guitar, autoharp, dulcimer bass and the egg(haha). I love old country and bluegrass but also like ACDC, KISS and Aerosmith. I would rather have a kayak than a carat. I love crochet, tatting and most home crafts. I love animals, mostly dogs. I live is shorts, bandanas and sweatpants but like to dress up and go to tea. I love been part of a group but i have no problem being solitary. I love nature, music, flea markets and auctions. I could go on as there are many facets to my personality just like all of you other diamonds.

TW

STAND FOR THE FLAG...KNEEL AT THE CROSS !
Grateful, Thankful and Blessed!

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2019 :  07:38:43 AM  Show Profile
Let's see......I guess I would describe me as a lover of history, science, cooking, animals,vintage stuff, old postcards, letter writing, all things APPLE, and pursuit of learning about old timey ways. I am the last of 7 children, married, two grown girls, and was a Registered Nurse for 34 years. My interests today, being retired, are reading, working on my knitting and crafting skills, cooking, and learning more about our historical farming roots. What I am learning is that there has been much wisdom and creativity of our grandparents lost in today's fast paced, highly technological society. While many wonderful things have happened through research and technology, like medicine, and internet connectivity, I see a loss in self sufficiency and the ability to make good with what we already have. Our Grandparents, who suffered two world wars and the Great Depression, knew how to stretch money, create beautiful things from scraps, and raise families with minimal amounts of money. Theirs was hard life, but they also had things we have lost today, one of which comes to mind is appreciation for the little gifts of each day. The pursuit of learning and honoring these great gifts of our family pasts, is one of the aspects that brought me to MJF. Here I have found so many lovely women who have amazing stories and endless creativity. We are not a group who shuns appreciating the lost and hidden values of things like treadle machines, apron wearing, gardening, homemade bread making, wooden cookstove learning, and using handcrafts to express our creativity with amazing quilts, handmade home wares, and endless other examples. We have embraced that MJF invitation that Farmgirl is a matter of Heart. Today, many smaller farms are working hard to stay alive in competitive big AG, but they are run by energetic young people who want to do organic farming and keep the family land alive.... or purchase other land for the same purpose. Did you know there is also a rise on the number of women farmers today? I love that trend!

Thank- you Barbara for starting this interesting thread! It is so wonderful to hear more about our MJF community!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2019 :  1:45:23 PM  Show Profile
I feel so comfortable with everyone in MJF, you are much like me! I would rather read than watch tv,would rather sew a quilt than buy one, although I mostly get my clothes from second hand shops, I like getting "posh frocks" from Dress Barn. I usually just put on lipstick, I'm not a high maintenance person. Yes, the lady is a tramp! I care about stray animals and believe all people need a kind word or compliment to make their day brighter. I also believe I may have a touch of autism because sometimes I don't pick up clues that someone is upset. I love jazz, funk, big band, and classical. I surround myself with things that have memories and sing "feed the birds, tuppence a bag" each morning as I spread sunflower seeds. I view each year a a big wheel, and look forward to each season. I like quirky, but not cutesy. I am an optimist and I think it's because of my blood type, B+.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

There's no place like home!
Dorothy Gale

Nature speaks in symbols and in signs.
John Greenleaf Whittier
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2019 :  10:03:31 AM  Show Profile
Barbara, great topic!

I am a Christian but don't push it onto others. I believe we are to learn and grow until we are no longer on this earth. I will share my faith openly and when opportunity presents itself.
I describe myself as a geeky country girl. I love all things country but I also love sci-fi too. I like the old days before techy everything but I enjoy tech too! I am more of an introvert but do love to talk if I feel comfortable with the person to whom I am speaking.
I love to wear earth tones . My favorite color to wear is teal. I like boots but also love heels on occasion. I mostly dress comfortably and also enjoy dressing up for things.
I love weddings, I can deal with funerals but tend to become depressed when stressed out. Also deal with anxiety at times. I love all ages of children and I do love dogs. In particular the Boston Terrier breed. I love to look at the stars and find the constellations. The moon is awesome and I love crows and ravens. I go through cycles for crafting. I love to quilt, do hand embroidery, crochet, knit, cross stitch and do some paper crafting.
I am an avid reader of a few different genre, love music and enjoy dancing. My children are now some of my best friends.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2019 :  4:07:47 PM  Show Profile
I am definitely a country girl, I am also a Scorpio so that probably gives you some insight! I am independent and for sure have a mind of my own. I love children all sizes and ages colors and creed.Honestly I just really like most people. Animals of any kind, I am totally in love with my kitty, Lucy, she is a big girl, part Maine Coon, so pretty and sassy and determined like her owner!I was a doxie Mom for many years.Had 3 at once, Love them. I cannot tolerate bigots of any kind. I refuse to argue with anyone over politics or religion, to each his/her own. And trust me nobody changes someone's mind arguing. Live and let live.I also love to read. My Grandma was the most important person in my life growing up. She taught me so much.I love being a Nana, the "kids" are 21 and 25 now but they still are close with me. My daughter and I are very close. She is an RN and head nurse on her floor. I am very proud of her. My husband and I have been married for 53 years.We got married when I was 17 and he was 20. He is for sure a keeper !! I love music some of every kind, from Rock to Country. love to garden,find so much joy and peace in that. I like to do embroidery too. But haven't done some in a while. I guess that is it in a nutshell! Nice reading about the rest of you.

Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2019 :  6:00:59 PM  Show Profile
There is a lot of weirdness in me but that is the best part of who I am. I laugh a lot and can usually find a light at the end of every tunnel. I love to dress boho and can get lost in a good book. I love to crochet and embroider. I rescue animals and have found that they have so much love to give. My house is always a little messy and more than likely I will have a record on the record player. I don't have very many friends but the ones I do have are the best. I love the outdoors and spend time earthing and enjoying nature. I love the feel of dirt on my feet and hands and believe that we are all really a part of nature and need to enjoy some time outside every day. I love the little country church that I go to and am a Christian. I believe that every work in the Bible is true. I love holidays even if I spend them alone. Being alone is a favorite thing for me. I am quick to say what I feel or think and answer questions with honesty. Life is good and I plan to enjoy every day that the good Lord gives me.

Farmgirl 7774

Never miss a sunset

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2019 :  2:40:03 PM  Show Profile
Well as for me I am like an old quilt, no theme just a lot of this and that. First and for most I am a giver. I love all animals, I volunteer with a small cat rescue, I especially love feral's and all un-adoptable's, our home has many, and all are loved. I am total country, love the outdoors, even the smell of livestock, birds, trees, wildlife, gardening, canning, refinishing, dumpster diving, painting, sewing, reading, old movies, not much on high tech, but like being able to ask a question and fine the answer fast. My house is clean, not spotless, no theme just what I like, mostly old and primitive. I was a nurse many years, so I am a people person of sort, now not so much. My very best friend I ever had in my life was my horse, Lucky. I buy my cloths at Goodwill mostly, tee shirts, jeans and sneakers for me. I feel sometimes I was born about 80 to 100 years to late, sometimes when I walk into an antique store I get a comfort feeling like I belong...somehow. Hugs Karla

FGOM March 2018

I dusted once, it came back. I'm not falling for that again.
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2019 :  6:12:19 PM  Show Profile
Fun topic! Me: Born in the wrong era and raised in the wrong generation, family-oriented, wife and mama, animal loving lady with dogs, cats, and chickens who loves anything vintage. I am a knitter and teach knitting classes professionally. I am a MaryJanesFarm blogger, writing as the Suburban Farmgirl. I am a Glamper who loves a 1966 camper named Gidget. I am an Advanced Master Gardener and teach gardening classes. I love to knit, sew, decorate, garden, bake, cook, entertain, exercise, craft, and go junking. I love a bargain. I mainly listen to old music, especially from the 1940s. I like to read, be outdoors, but also to be cozy indoors. I collect all sorts of things but am sort of “known” for collecting and rescuing vintage sewing machines. I dislike politics. I like people and find them interesting. I never met an antique I didn’t like, lol!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155
Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
Chapter Leader, CT Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, Jan. 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blog
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2019 :  11:32:42 AM  Show Profile
Nicole, LOL, to your "I never met an antique I didn't like". I am going to copy cat that into my vocabulary. LOL Hugs Karla

FGOM March 2018

I dusted once, it came back. I'm not falling for that again.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic personalities Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page