MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2020 :  12:51:55 PM  Show Profile
I was unpacking some boxes that I had boxed up when I still lived at home and was combing them all into one large box and found some old letters that I recieved from my pen pal in high school! My cousin Megan (MaryJanes daughter) use to be my pen pal many years ago! It was so exciting to reread all my letters from her! I think it's time we start back up! Oh how I miss chatting with her more frequently. I love when I find goodies like this!

Krista

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9090 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9090 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2020 :  2:18:12 PM  Show Profile
Krista,
That is so nice. Good that you saved them. I have a lot of letters in my cedar chest that were sent to me by my Grand parents and others when I went to summer camp. And lots letters from when I was eight and in the hospital for surgery. Very small town. so all my class mates sent cards and my teachers sent cards and even came to see me. Different times I guess. But how nice that you have those letters, those things mean a lot. To bad we don't know when we are young whats important to keep. How is it going with your new house??
NaNCY JO

NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2020 :  6:17:15 PM  Show Profile
Love!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2020 :  01:27:54 AM  Show Profile
Krista...I love my 3 pen pals. One is a FarmSister and the other two I met through Susan Branch. Our letters or cards may
not be as often as we would ALL like but just 2-4 times a year...is so Special. And we remember Birthdays and Holidays too.
Having your cousin for a pen pal is just the BEST. My cousin Nancy and I were penpals in High School and then we lost
touch in our early 20's. After looking for her for 43 years we reconnected through 23 & Me DNA Testing last year. And now I
have also found a lot of 2nd,3rd and 4th cousins too. It has been so much fun!!! So, you need to reconnect with your cousin
...you will be glad you did!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2020 :  04:23:46 AM  Show Profile
Krista, I used to have two pen pals when I was young; one in India and the other in England. What a great experience it was to share my life with another young girl thousands of miles away. Today, I relish all of the friends I have met at MJF and enjoy sending notes or cards back and forth. Yes, go ahead and write your friend again!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2020 :  06:38:05 AM  Show Profile
Krista, what lovely momentous to hold on to. I used to have a penpals that I wrote to during the school year because we would spend summers together at the lake. Her family had a cabin near where my grandparents lived. It's funny because she lived in northern part of NJ and now I ended up in the southern part. I still remember her address but doubt she lives there anymore.
I have made some penpals friends here on the forum over these many years. It is so nice to get a handwritten letter from a friend or relative.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2020 :  07:54:39 AM  Show Profile
Don’t you love finding things like that? Letters, cards, and handwritten notes are forever. You can’t get that from digital things like email and texts. I keep all my handwritten notes and cards, and really treasure them.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155
Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
Chapter Leader, CT Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, Jan. 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blog
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16960 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16960 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2020 :  11:53:24 AM  Show Profile
Krista,, Awwww.../ so sweet...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2020 :  7:05:50 PM  Show Profile
Ladies---I saved old letters for years---from old friends and cousins and my sister---two big boxes full. High school and college friends---and it made me so sad---because all those people let me down and when I needed them---they weren't there. So----when I moved from my old house to this old farm---I burned those letters---and yes---even love letters from my husband. All I know is that you find out who your friends are---and it was none of those people from those old letters. Time to move on---time to get going---LOL. No one from my past will ever make me miss them or feel sad again. Rock on ladies---and if you have good memories from those letters enjoy--I did---but they brought me great sadness because they were not there any more. Although I do have to admit---I do have a few stashed away---LOL.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2020 :  7:10:45 PM  Show Profile
But have to say ladies---I do keep your cards and notes---because they bring me happiness and I LOVE to hear from you, You all have helped me so much and I honestly do feel your friendship and love. God bless all of you.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2020 :  1:46:54 PM  Show Profile
It's so exciting to see how many of you had or still have pen pals. I just signed up to join the new pen pal list. I'm excited to start writing letters and cards again. It's been way to long for me.
Winnie, when I was younger I had a pen pal from England. I remember the school setting it up for us. We only shared a couple of letters and I never heard again. But I remember how exciting it was to "meet" someone new and receive their letter. I would love to find another one out of country again.
PeggyAnn, I definitely will! It's always nice to stay in touch with family!
Barbara, I'm so sorry about your old friends. I hope you know that all of us here on the farm care so much about you!

Krista
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Found these old gems Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page