MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2020 :  10:30:37 AM  Show Profile
We recently tried a loaded baked potato soup recipe and it was really yummy. My husband even went back for seconds and that’s not like him. It paired really well with bundt bread. I will be making it again this weekend.

Krista

Edited by - MaryJanesNiece on Mar 06 2020 10:31:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1480 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1480 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2020 :  7:50:15 PM  Show Profile
Is anyone using the smaller (3 qt?) sized Instant Pot? If so any recommendations or suggestions for which version to buy? There seem to be several combinations of options available. I'm only cooking for myself these days so the regular sized one is way too big for me.

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2020 :  5:15:57 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn -- We have the three quart size. It is perfect for the two of us. I don't know which version it is; it was the only three quart one available when we bought it. If you want I can post a picture.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2020 :  5:02:27 PM  Show Profile
I have a 5 qt Instant Pot that my DH bought me. His favorite thing I fix in it is BBQ. I will cook deer roasts until they fall apart. I pour the juice into a bowl and set aside. I pull the roasts apart with a fork and put it back into the IP. I add 1/2 cup of the juice. Then I put the BBQ sauce in, enough to cover the meat & put it on the slow cooker feature. If the slow cooker does not heat up as much as I want it to, I change the setting to high and then reduce it to low when it is hot enough. I cover with a glass lid. It does not last long as we eat what we want & give the rest away. I do put the juice in a jar in the fridge and use it when cooking something else.
I have cooked a beef roast & veggies. Then made gravy in it. You just have to find a recipe that sounds good & try it. I am looking forward to trying some of the recipes y'all have talked about. Thanks for sharing, ladies!

Joan P.
Farmgirl Sister #8056

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth." - William W. Purkey

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phillippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2020 :  07:07:53 AM  Show Profile
I have really been using it alot the last two months! OH MY! POT ROAST in 35 minutes - it was so juicy and delicious. I have made homemade refried beans and will never buy canned again! Chili, stew, dried beans - all come out perfect. It is crazy! I have never liked new “kitchen gadgets” but this one wins a blue ribbon by me!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155
Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
Chapter Leader, CT Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, Jan. 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blog
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Instant Pot? Next Topic  
Previous Page