katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2020 :  09:46:18 AM  Show Profile
Hubby and I live on a shy 14ac of land,, as some of you know, we grow Hay,, and it is harvested for our daughter's menagerie' of critters (goats, sheep and mini piggies)the rest goes to the Animal rescue sanctuary.
I love my view when it is growing as well as seeing the bails out back..
But I have only recently come to appreciate our land of late.
Now that we are all house bound,, I find myself bundling up daily and walking the parameter of our land...
I get (little) sunshine lots of fresh air and some exercise...
So when I start to get stir crazy,, out I go..

(one of our neighbors, cutting our hay)
I hope you have found a simple and safe way to get your Dose of 'Vitamin-S" S-for Sunshine..

Also,, if you don't already take a supplemental Vite-D, I suggest you do (check with your doctor first).. here where we live, we go long periods with out sunshine, a natural source of Vite-D,, so my family and I take a daily dose of Vite-D to keep depression from setting in.

For those of you on the SE sunny side of the Nation,, send me some Sunshine!

Also, dear sisters,, stay connected,, we are just a telephone call away, and with computers we can instant chat, face time...with each other.. Heck,, I am enjoying watching some of my favorite old movies.. and re-reading my old stash of Victoria and MJF mags..
Just keep busy,, we will get through this time...

Hugz to you all...
<><

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2133 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2133 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2020 :  11:05:03 AM  Show Profile
I do laps around the house. And take vitamin D. I really miss walking around town but if the weather is decent I can go putter in the backyard.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2020 :  11:57:15 AM  Show Profile
I walk when it isn't raining outside...anywhere from 2-5 miles per day. I have always been a walker...all of my life.
I do Diamond Painting and listen to Audio Books.
Watch TV with hubby in the evenings.
Facetime with the Grandkids. Last night I got chosen to say their bed time prayers with them.
They are precious and cute and I'm blessed to be loved by them. They keep me laughing and young.

I haven't gotten too bored...but I miss my Bible Study Group every Thursday Night. I have been
blessed to be their Teacher for 30 years. I miss their Hugs!!

But I Praise God For MY Farmsisters and the Internet. It helps keep us all connected!!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2020 :  4:09:25 PM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn,,, my daughter went on line and ordered 3 sets of those Diamond Painting kits for the grandkiddos and one for her.. she is excited for them to arrive and I am excited to see how they turn out..

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2020 :  5:58:53 PM  Show Profile
Grace, our weather here in Alabama has been unseasonably warm, above average temps and very little rain in the last few weeks. Granted my 15 yr old is going a little stir crazy not hanging out with her friends but shes been a huge help to me prepping the garden! I managed to get cucumbers and okra in. Tomorrow will be our first train in a while. After that in go tge rest of the veggies and flowers. Lots of wonderful vitamin D here! Along with pollen and new bugs hatching! Sara was mowing the other day and is terrified of bugs. She hit a batch of new flying bugs and I thought she was sprouting penguin wings to fly off the mower!! But she held her cool enough to park it where it was and run like the Dickens inside. I giggled the entire time! Sending sun sun sunshine your way!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2020 :  6:07:42 PM  Show Profile
Dianna,, thanks for sending the batch of giggles (of your daughter) and look forward to the Sunshine,, unfortunately,, we are due snow tomorrow,, it rained most of today... yep,, I need a big batch of Vite-S (sunshine).
heeheehee!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2020 :  6:52:18 PM  Show Profile
Are you serious? Snow? I just cant imagine as it's been in the upper 80's here! We literally had no spring!! So sorry. Heres some sun! May it melt quickly as spring heads your way!! This is our little pea river right down the road from us.

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2020 :  10:04:56 PM  Show Profile
Dianna,, I can see myself sitting by the edge of the river,, listening to it as it flows by,, and smell the freshness..
Oh Sigh,,,

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2020 :  04:53:02 AM  Show Profile
Before distancing I had a doctor's appointment and they found I was low on vitamin D. No wonder, I was completely covered up all winter! I'm taking it by pill and on sunny days I strip off my pants and shirt and take a sun bath in our sun room.
Also, I tried on all the denim capris last worn in the fall and they are HUGE on me. But I'll have to wait till second hand shops are open to get smaller size ones.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

There's no place like home!
Dorothy Gale

Nature speaks in symbols and in signs.
John Greenleaf Whittier
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2020 :  04:58:55 AM  Show Profile
Grace, think young child laughter ( family with 2 small children were farther upstream playing in the water)coupled with the gentle rushing of water, birds and fresh smell of honeysuckle ( its everywhere!) :)

Vanessa, congrats on weight loss! How exciting! I've been known to 'sun bath's in a sunny window when it's hotter than hades outside!! Lol! With our ac on. ;D

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2020 :  06:51:44 AM  Show Profile
Grace, that Red tractor photo definite caught my eye!! Here in the suburbs, I have a daily brisk walk around the streets trying to take in all the hills to get that heart rate up. Then back home I do a series of floor exercises to keep these old muscles and bones flexible. This staying home all the time is getting harder and harder because I miss my friends, the gym community, and being able to go out to a shop or restaurant. It looks like we will be pretty much on stay home orders until May 1 as our county has the highest number of cases and they are increasing daily. It is a serious thing so we all here have to take it seriously and do our part. Thankfully, I have been keeping busy here at MJF doing swaps, a giveaway, the Peeps party etc. It has been a huge outlet for me and an important one too. It has also shown me how very important our online community continues to be! I can always stop in, see inspiring projects completed, hear interesting stories and conversations about all kinds of topics, and just escape for a few minutes. Anyone else feel the same?

This new virus will be a thorn in our sides until we get a proper vaccine and mass vaccinate everyone around the world. Like Polio, Smallpox, Measles, Mumps, and chickenpox, this coronavirus will not just disappear one day. Rather it will be here now and continue to make ill anyone who does not have immunity and the only way to have immunity is with a vaccine or getting a case of the coronavirus. Like many other viruses, it might also mutate, like regular Flu does, and require updates to a vaccine just like they have to do each year with Flu. So, we carry on and ride it out and do what we can today to save lives, reduce the number of cases, and wait for the scientists to develop a vaccine that is both safe and effective.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2020 :  10:24:15 AM  Show Profile
I wondered how your neighbor was cutting hay already until I read the post and figured it was an old picture LOL!!!

It's almost the same as normal here on our dairy farm but it's been raining so I've been doing more sewing than normal. I've been learning new things with my machine like using the double needles and sewing button holes and buttons (way faster and easier than by hand!).

I agree Winnie - MJFarm is a great way to escape and get some inspiration.

Enjoy that sunshine and warmth Dianna!! It's chilly here but no snow. We were in the mid 30's last night - can't imagine 80 right now.

Vanessa - Congrats on the weight loss. Hopefully things will get back to normal before you need summer clothes.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2020 :  11:37:49 AM  Show Profile
Audra Rose,, remember those suction cupped" window hugging Garfield cats that were popular back in the 1980's? That literally is me,, when we get a wee bitt of sunshine to break through!
Unfortunately,, it snowed a bit this morning... uugh!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2020 :  11:38:22 AM  Show Profile
Dianna,, Yes,, yes, I can smell the Honey Suckle! ahhhhh....

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2020 :  11:42:51 AM  Show Profile
Winnie, how blessed are we farmgals,, that we have projects (mischief) that we can do,, be it sewing, crocheting, painting with rhinestones, card making, baking bread and a gazillion other things.
We are supportive and encouraging of each other..
If only the rest of the world could be farmgirls at heart and spirit.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2133 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2133 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2020 :  11:51:31 AM  Show Profile
I miss my walks and I miss going up to our trailer in the hills where I can really walk with lots of ups and downs. I'm in the double whammy group -- old and diabetic-- so I'm very much house-bound right now and probably will be util there is a vaccine. Given the amount of people who refuse to get vaccines I'm afraid this virus will be around a long time. Fortunately I have enough around here to keep me busy for quite a while and I have all my sisters here at MJF to keep me company. When it dies down a bit I look forward to hiking in the hills again.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2020 :  1:01:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh Judith, sending you lots of positivity and protection!! I so hope and pray this comes to a head and settles down so you can hike again!!! SOON!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2020 :  4:07:22 PM  Show Profile
It is nice to see that there are so many like minded friends here at MJF!! I benefit from that camaraderie every day too.!

Judith, you are wise to stay quarantined for now to maintain your distance from possible coronavirus carriers. We have all seem news clips or read in the paper how there are still people who refuse to follow strict recommended guidelines. What are these people thinking?? I ask myself, how can they be so purposely self convinced that all the distancing and guidelines don't apply to them??

Glad to know we Farmgirl Peeps are hanging tough, because that is what Farmgirls Do!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2133 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2133 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2020 :  6:11:18 PM  Show Profile
Winnie, a lot of the problem seems to be with young people. They think they will live forever and rules don't apply as nothing is going to happen to them. The foolishness of youth. I have a friend who thought she was keeping her teenagers inside until she found put they were sneaking put at night to meet their boyfriends. Of course, there are also some adults who also think the laws don't apply to them either.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

Fleur
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

11 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2020 :  09:41:30 AM  Show Profile
I’ve picked up my instruments and been playing with them (recorder and bongos).
And crocheting again.
And baking.
And coloring
Go to Top of Page

Tchr66
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

Terri
Clarington Ohio
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2020 :  10:53:24 AM  Show Profile
I have crocheted two ear warmers, cleaned, worked at defrosting a freezer (hints gladly accepted), now, I get to Zoom with my students, tried new recipes and developed a new recipe.

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
Joshua 24:15
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2020 :  11:05:36 AM  Show Profile
Sounds awesome Terri! I made my Sara buffalo hot chicken dip for the first time ever! She loved it!!!

Welcome to MJ 'fluer'!! I'd love the time to start playing my instruments again! Happy my Sarbear plays ukelele!! I just enjoy her music!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

AFinkberry
True Blue Farmgirl

310 Posts

Ally
Kalama Washington
310 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2020 :  11:23:42 AM  Show Profile
We are really having a rough time of it. Our three older boys are stuck indoors. We live in a small town where everything is in walking distance. We have no yard and no where for them to play outside. Today we're going to make cookies, so that will feel good. Our boys have been launching a fleet of paper airplanes out of their bedroom window and our neighbor gave us all of her moving boxes so we are planning on building some kind of fort. Times like this make me really miss five acres.

Ally
Farmgirl Sister #5672

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." ~His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2283 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2283 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2020 :  4:12:47 PM  Show Profile
Farmgirls are the best support team. I too am very lucky that I have acres to get out and enjoy when the weather cooperates. We actually have snow coming in tonight, but I know spring is just around the corner. New babies are showing up every day, my chicks are being delivered tomorrow or Friday and my seedlings are starting to poke through, reaching their little green heads towards the grow lights.

I am getting a little more sewing done, experimenting in the kitchen and with that experimenting comes a need for a bit more exercise. I have more books in my to read pile than I will ever get through in a year, but the pile has dwindled a bit.

I hope everyone can find a little something to make them laugh every day.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2020 :  6:16:57 PM  Show Profile
Yep, 3 weeks and we are getting a bit stir crazy.. mostly because of the off and on snow/grapuel and rain..that being said, we have taken a couple of rides out through the farm lands, taking photos from with-in the safety of our car...

But today we had to go into town.. out of milk and eggs dog food... and I needed to go to the P.O. as well.

Actually, I do my marketing via Wal-Mart on-line,, but now I can't even get a pick-up date,, (drive-up, park, text and the clerk brings out our purchase and loads them in the trunk.) My daughter said she had to place her order at 4a.m. top get a 2nd day pick-up,, sorry, I am not crawling out of bed at 4a.m.!
So I made hubby a face mask, he got to choose his fabric print.. then we drove into town, and wore our face masks and latex gloves, turns out we were not the only ones!
Went to the P.O., they hung clear plastic sheeting between the clerks and patrons.. I think that was a great idea..
Then off to Dollar tree, to pick up some batteries and a couple of coloring books. then to the Grocery Outlet store,, they are the only place in our town that has 'Flour' and it was limit 1 per family., picked up 2 more bottles of Wine... I may need it to get me through the rest of the week! lol!

Then over to Walmart, picked up dog & cat food, milk, eggs, fresh veggies, rice, can chili and French bread..
There were signs all over the food isles,, limiting patrons to 1 or 2 items per family (bottle water, liquid hand soap, etc.)

I normally buy my pet foods via Chewys.. but they are 7-10 days out for shipping..

I placed a large order of dry dog and cat food, canned cat food and cat litter to be delivered to our local No-kill rescue shelter.. and even it being a large order going to a rescue,, they still are 7-10 days out.. Had I known,, I would have bought all that stuff at Walmart and deliver it myself.... but I was trying to avoid being near people.

I will say, thank goodness for telephones and emails and face time... we are still able to hear/see family and friends.

Hang in there farm sisters.. we will get through it...

Oh and I have decided to delete the words "quarantine, Isolation" from my vocabulary and replace with "staycation", it sounds less depressing.
So have a safe and healthy staycation my friends!

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on Apr 01 2020 6:21:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2133 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2133 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2020 :  2:56:11 PM  Show Profile
Grace -- good for you donating to the animal shelter.
Instead of calling it staying in place we are calling it "artist in residence". Sounds so much classier :-)

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Keeping Busy..... Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page