Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2020 :  07:41:03 AM  Show Profile
This morning one of our Farmgirls told me privately, that if she was picked, she would ask to send the hat to Lisa's 90 year old Mom who is really quarantined at home. I would like to honor this request, but I wanted all of you to know that I am currently putting together a different, but just as much fun, giveaway. I will still accept all entries just as before and select a winner on April 13. This also means, if you left a comment so far not really wanting to have your name in the basket to choose, I will now put your name into the pile for selecting a winner. So, I am changing the title of this giveaway to just plain Spring giveaway #2 because it will not be another hat. All of my cotton yarns are in Fall colors and the stores are closed to be able to purchase more spring colors in time.

I really hope this change will be OK with all of you. It just seems like sending Lisa's Mom some Farmgirl Mail would be so much fun! I will write a card listing all of your names and a generic Farmgirl category to cover those who sign up after I get this out in the mail. It would be fun to let this Mom know we are all rooting for her continued safety and provide her some fun.

This giveaway is in on for all of you as originally planned, minus the hat, but with other fun surprises!

Since we had so much fun doing our Spring Giveaway, I decided we needed another one to help bring some fun here at MJF! Judith, StitchinWitch, started a thread about an Easter Bonnet and that got me to thinking about making a generic Spring hat that can be worn any day. Many of you still have cold weather and Spring has not arrived yet. This simple hat can brighten up any cloudy, windy chilly day so that you can still feel those colors of Spring but have a bit of needed warmth.

Sign up will go through April 12, and I will select a winner on April 13. If you win, please be prepared to immediately send me your mailing information so I can ship it right away.

I am excited to announce that Heather Neeper is our Giveaway #2 Winner today!! Congratulations Heather and I hope you enjoy your box of goodies!!

AND.................I created a "BeeHappy" box for Heather with the help and advisement of the Bees who come every day to my backyard to enjoy the flowers. So, one nice fat Bumble Bee asked me, "what about all those who put their names in the hat or made a nice comment? What about them?? I told him about the last giveaway Peter Rabbit project for everyone else and my Bee said..........."Wait a moment. Let me check back with you in a minute after I talk with my buddies over there at the Geraniums." Sure enough, a few moments later, back he came and buzzed out this idea. Brilliant, I said!!! The bees said they would assist with the plan too. So.......thanks to my Florida Bees, everyone who left a comment , Bee on the look out for a little bit of fun buzzing your way soon!! #BeeHappy, #BuzzFun, #BeeMJF.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018

Edited by - Red Tractor Girl on Apr 13 2020 06:48:41 AM

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6811 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6811 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2020 :  07:45:22 AM  Show Profile
Winnie, it is so pretty. I'm not signing up because I have a large Irish head and doubt it would fit me. Thanks for hosting this fun give-away and the lucky FarmGirl who wins it will be blessed by your giving spirit.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

GailMN
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Gail
Hutchinson Minnesota
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2020 :  09:04:28 AM  Show Profile  Send GailMN a Yahoo! Message
Oh Winnie, I am signing up! It is beautiful. It is still cool here in Minnesota, and will probably not totally decide to be warm spring until sometime in May. Today forecasted high is 67 degrees, so I plan to be on the deck, reading, crocheting and soaking up some sunshine. Hope you have an amazing day.

Farmgirl Sister #506
Aim high; shoot for the moon and if you miss it, grab a star.
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2681 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2681 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2020 :  10:27:23 AM  Show Profile
Winnie, I'm not signing up for this giveaway, but just wanted to say: I so love my spring bonnet you sent in the spring giveaway and I know which ever farmgirl wins this one, she will love it as well! They are beautiful! You are very talented!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2020 :  4:13:10 PM  Show Profile
Thank-you Sara and April for your sweet comments! I love making these simple hats and it is fun to just take colors and improvise to make each one different and colorful.

Welcome Gail to the giveaway!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2864 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2864 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2020 :  4:41:50 PM  Show Profile
Oh Winnie that is lovely! I wish I had those skills. I will put my name in, because if I win I will give to my mom who is in lockdown at her assisted living apt.
She turns 90 May 7th, and we SO hope to be there.

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2020 :  7:24:06 PM  Show Profile
Winnie your knitted Spring themed hat is Adorbs,, I can't resist... please sign-up..

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2864 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2864 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2020 :  10:05:53 AM  Show Profile
Oh Winnie that is so sweet! If it is OK with you, can you send it to me? I want to give to her for her birthday if that's ok, and hope to be able to see her in person by then. If not, I'll be sure she gets it somehow. It is just that right now, we have to put stuff outside in a box, and they take it back (and this adorable hat may be more tempting to change hands than some depends or laundry detergent LOL.) She has dementia and macular, so mail is sometimes hard for her. I will definitely make sure to get a picture one way or the other. Thank you guys SOO much. Farmgirls ROCK!!!
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2020 :  12:23:50 PM  Show Profile
Winnie, you are seriously so sweet! All the Farmgirls here are! I’m so blessed to know all of you and the amazing and caring things each and everyone of you do! I think Lisa’s mom would be the perfect recipient of the hat! Such positivity in these hard times. Brings a smile to my face!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

GailMN
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Gail
Hutchinson Minnesota
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2020 :  1:08:51 PM  Show Profile  Send GailMN a Yahoo! Message
Great decision Winnie. I'm sure it will bring a big smile to her face!

Farmgirl Sister #506
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2020 :  4:02:20 PM  Show Profile
Lisa, I am so happy that you think your Mom will love the surprise and I will send it out tomorrow to the address that you provided me in your email.!! We are all going through hard times with this pandemic but isolation is perhaps one of the hardest restrictions we must do. I hope it won't be too much longer before you can actually visit your Mom and I know she will be so happy to finally see you in person again.

Thanks everyone for supporting this idea, and I want to share with you that it was Grace, katmom, who had the wonderful thought. So lets send out a Woot-Woot to Grace and a round of Farmgirl hugs coming her way from each of us!! Thank-you Grace!!!

Lisa, when you do finally get to visit your Mom, please post a photo of the hat on her for all of us!! I know I hope and pray that one day I will be 90 as well as all of you wonderful Farmgirls here at MJF!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2020 :  4:18:24 PM  Show Profile
Ahhh,,, what a sweet thing to do for Lisa's 90y/o mom...
Winnie, you are such a blessing,,,,
hugz...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2864 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2864 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2020 :  5:04:51 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all! I will get some pics of her for sure!!
And Winnie, take me off of the other giveaway. Spread that Farmgirl generosity to another deserving member.
Thanks again!!!
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2020 :  07:20:22 AM  Show Profile

Just mailed this so Lisa it should arrive Saturday or Monday! The card includes all of your names so thank-you!! Won't Mom be surprised to get her 1st ever FArmgirl Mail package!!

The rest of you, your name is going into the basket as everyone posts so stay tuned!! Things are happening here at the Log Cabin for Giveaway#2 !!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

GailMN
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Gail
Hutchinson Minnesota
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2020 :  08:13:26 AM  Show Profile  Send GailMN a Yahoo! Message
Thank you, thank you, thank you Winnie. You are brightening days for so many especially the lovely lady receiving the hat. God's richest blessings and my respect.

Farmgirl Sister #506
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2020 :  08:33:57 AM  Show Profile
Hi Winnie,
You are something you know it? God is looking down and saying, "I sure did a good Job creating Winnie". I would love to be in your next drawing. Thank you so much!
Hugs Nancy Jo

NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2681 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2681 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2020 :  6:21:06 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful gesture, Winnie! So much love being sent your way!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9244 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9244 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2020 :  6:38:48 PM  Show Profile
That is awesome Winnie! I will watch for your spring 2 giveaway.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2020 :  11:55:02 AM  Show Profile
I haven't been on here in a bit dealing with covid/farm stuff. This just warmed my heart and cheered me up!! What a wonderful thing to do Winnie.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2020 :  12:44:40 PM  Show Profile
Heather? Praying you and yours are well and not sick from virus???
Winnie, I love who you are!!huge hugs!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2864 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2864 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2020 :  1:41:32 PM  Show Profile
Oh Winnie! It's gonna take all I can not to rip that package open when I get it!. But I PROMISE to let Mom do it.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9244 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9244 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2020 :  04:53:43 AM  Show Profile
Winnie, I didn't realize this had changed. I'm not signing up, I just like to read the thread.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2020 :  10:29:16 AM  Show Profile
Sorry for the worries Dianna! We're healthy - just having lots of issues with the dairy market due to the virus. Farm markets are crashing and things are getting scary but we're healthy and hanging in there.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2020 :  12:53:14 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Denise for clarifying your preference. Glad to always have your comments on topics !!

Heather, I have been wondering and worrying about small farmers like yourself and praying that things will get better soon!! Thanks for adding your name to the list for this giveaway.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2864 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2864 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2020 :  3:07:42 PM  Show Profile
Winnie
I got the package today. Thanks you!! I am so excited to give to mom.
Putting it away, so I'm not tempted to open. I will let everyone know, and post a pic as soon a I get to see Mom. I talked to her today and she is confused about no family get together for Easter.
But we'll be sure to WHOOP it up as soon as we can
Thanks Everyone!
Have a Blessed Easter!

Edited by - nubidane on Apr 11 2020 3:14:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6811 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6811 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2020 :  07:17:07 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Heather and Winnie you rock.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Holidays: Previous Topic Spring Giveaway #2 - WINNER !!!! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page