Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 Hello from Lansing, North Carolina
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from Lansing, North Carolina Next Topic  

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2020 :  6:16:04 PM  Show Profile
I am new to the Forums and am learning how to do this. I have never "chatted" before on anything so bear with me. We live on the North Fork of the New River and our house is way above the river. I have subscribed to Mary Jane's Farm magazine and love it. I am a retired secretary & my husband is a retired Chemical Engineer. We have three children (sadly one has passed away) and 7 grandchildren and 1 great grandchild who is 14 1/2 months old. Sewing and quilting has been a big part of my life for a long time. I'll be 71 on the 15th. I am looking forward to chatting with everyone.

Joan P.

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2020 :  7:21:41 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi Joan, welcome. You will like it here. We do swaps. I have a 10 " fabric swap, monthly tea bag swap and a bookmark swap going on now. Many other swaps too. Lots of good advice and friends are made here. Look at the forums and jump in. We are a friendly group of ladies that share and encourage each other.
Navigate all over the site and see where you like it.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2020 :  06:06:08 AM  Show Profile
Hi Joan---welcome and please post many posts. The New River is our main West Virginia river and it is beautiful for sure. My husband played along its banks as a child, NC is beautiful---we lived in Asheville in the seventies What a wonderful life you do have. God bless you and keep you safe..

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2020 :  06:09:59 AM  Show Profile
Welcome from West Virginia. The New River is our main river and it is beautiful. My husband played in it as a child and we used to camp along it in the seventies. Post many posts and I am so happy for the beautiful life you have. You Go Girl!

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9205 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2020 :  09:12:58 AM  Show Profile
Joan, nice to "meet" you here. I am sure you will enjoy getting to know other farm girls at heart.
Look forward to seeing you post and getting to know you.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2698 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2698 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2020 :  09:42:34 AM  Show Profile
Hi Joan,

It's great to meet you. I hope you enjoy your time here with us. You are going to love it here.

Marcy

Farmgirl #170

FGOTM August 2012

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2020 :  11:37:22 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Joan! It’s so wonderful to have you join us. I have 3 children as well. Two boys and a girl. I agree with Darlene. You might really enjoy the swaps. I love to participate in them. I don’t sew, so I skip on those ones. Can’t wait to get to know you better. See you around the forum!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2020 :  12:56:10 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Joan to our "farm community" here at the MJF Chatroom!! It is wonderful to meet you and hear a bit about who you are. Please browse through the various topic links and share your thoughts and ideas with all of us. I look forward to hearing more about your projects and thoughts as you learn your way around!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7486 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7486 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2020 :  1:17:07 PM  Show Profile
Hi Joan, welcome to the Farm it is a wonderful place to be! Great ladies.
I am on it everyday and goo company and awesome new friends. There are lots of different craft swaps!
Cgpheck out there ATC swaps they are fun and really m@ke your brain work.
I love them.
Have a wonderful day and stay safe!

Hugs
Darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

NatChap
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Natalie
Clarkesville GA
USA
441 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2020 :  7:19:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi Joan,
Welcome to the Farmgirl Connection! This is the one of the best groups of women I have encountered in recent years. There is so much wisdom and kindness here. I joined last year. You will love it!

Keep shining!
Natalie

"Ask what makes you come alive and go do it." ~Howard Thurman
Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2020 :  7:26:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Ladies,
Thank all of you for the warm welcome! I look forward to getting to know all of you!
Joan P.
Go to Top of Page

Janice
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Janice
Vancouver WA
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2020 :  8:10:54 PM  Show Profile
Hi Joan, and Happy Birthday. My husbands birthday is today too. He is 63. I like to sew, make jam and work on decoupage art with vintage magazine from the 1940 - 1960.
I enjoy get together with the ladies in my neighborhood. We have game night/ pot luck usually once a month. In May I have a pot luck style tea party. We shall see if it happen this year or not???

Janice Ferguson
Vintage Artist
Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2020 :  3:15:54 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Janice, Happy Belated Birthday to your husband! I turned 71 yesterday so he is a spring chicken. Thank you for the wishes and telling me a little about yourself. I am looking forward to getting to know you better. Take care.
Joan

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth." - William W. Purkey

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phillippians 4:13Joan
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2020 :  4:53:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi Joan, Happy Birthday, little sister! I'm 76 years old. I live in the great state of Texas...sometimes referred to as the Lone Star State.
Sounds like you live in a beautiful area.
Daniel Boone was from North Carolina. He is the great grandfather 6 generations back, of my husband! So my son and grand daughters have a famous ancestor.
On you tube I watch Merideth the Farm Wife. She and her family live on a river too. They are on the state line that separates NC and Virinia.I
I love to sew! I sew most every day! Sometimes just a little sometimes a lot.
Welcome!

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.

Edited by - TexasGran on Apr 16 2020 4:58:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2020 :  1:18:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Marilyn, Thanks for the birthday wishes. My Mother, Edna, was born in Sonora, Texas, and actually lived in Groves, Texas. She passed away in 2009. I have a brother in Beaumont, TX, a sister in Port Neches, TX, and a sister in Corrigan, TX.
We live about 40 miles from Boone and go there frequently. Well, we did before the virus.
It is nice to get to know you a bit. I am headed outside to plant some Foxglove, White Irises, Bleeding Hearts & some bulbs. Hope you have a good rest of the day.

Joan

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth." - William W. Purkey

Phillippians 4:13Joan
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlnextdoor
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Sandy
FORT WORTH TX
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2020 :  8:08:30 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by jmpiercy

I am new to the Forums and am learning how to do this. I have never "chatted" before on anything so bear with me. We live on the North Fork of the New River and our house is way above the river. I have subscribed to Mary Jane's Farm magazine and love it. I am a retired secretary & my husband is a retired Chemical Engineer. We have three children (sadly one has passed away) and 7 grandchildren and 1 great grandchild who is 14 1/2 months old. Sewing and quilting has been a big part of my life for a long time. I'll be 71 on the 15th. I am looking forward to chatting with everyone.

Joan P.

Welcome, Joan! I've only been here about a week myself. I have my first grandchild on the way. I am so excited!

Sandy
Farmgirl Sister #8063
http://www.thefarmgirlnextdoor.com
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2020 :  09:14:32 AM  Show Profile
Hi Joan! I think we are doing a swap together! Are you having a hard time finding fabric with this Covid thing? I'm in a very small community, so its hard to get anything here! Anyway, welcome to the farm. Just start chatting. That is the best way to get started.

Sherone

Lean on me, when you're not strong, And I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on, For it won't be long, 'Til I'm gonna need, Somebody to lean on.

Farmgirl Sister #93

Our Blog

www.annapearlshomestead.wordpress.com

Our Etsy Shop

www.annapearlsattic.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2020 :  4:16:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Sherone, We are in the fabric swap for May. I live just outside a very small community. We used to have a quilt shop, but they had a fire & did not reopen. Our Walmart has a fabric dept. I live about 40 miles from Boone, NC, and they have a great quilt shop, Sew Original. But I have a big stash so I am not having a problem yet...lol. Take care!

Joan
Farmgirl Sister #8056

Phillippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2020 :  4:22:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Sandy. Congratulations on your first grandchild! I have seven and one great-granddaughter. My first grandchild is 40 yrs younger than I am and will be 31 in August. Of course, his mother is 52 yrs old & my oldest child....lol! You have so much to look forward to - enjoy every bit!

Joan
Farmgirl Sister #8056

Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - May 21 2020 :  08:38:32 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Joan! So nice to get to know you and what you like to do.

I've lived in Florida my entire 57 years of life. Your place sounds wonderful. I'd love to move to the country one day.

If you love doing paper crafts especially Junk Journals I'd love for you to checkout my channel and Subscribe.

http://www.youtube.com/c/SunshineFarmgirlCoopDeltona

Farmgirl sister #308
Wallets & Travel Accessories, Tea Wallets, and Junk Journals, Face Masks too.
http://www.marketsofsunshine.etsy.com

FGOM 5/2018
Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
436 Posts

Posted - May 21 2020 :  09:55:40 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Marsha! I will definitely check your You Tube channel. Sounds very interesting.

Joan P.
Farmgirl Sister #8056

Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from Lansing, North Carolina Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page