Page: of 26

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - May 16 2020 :  7:15:16 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Was up in the 80s today. Had house shut up to keep cool air inside. Now have all windows open to get it cooled down in here. Got up to 80 in here and

next 4 days are rain, so heat gone. Do NOT want to turn on A C yet. You all know what I mean...

Peggy: You mentioned Annie's Attic. I used to get a magazine from a place named that back in the 70s. It was a crochet plus other crafts with

instructions included. Would that be the same one or a new one?

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 17 2020 :  12:18:50 AM  Show Profile
Denise...don't do a diamond painting smaller than 30 X 30 or else the pictures distort and you can't tell what it was meant to be.
And if you have never done one before, don't do square drills. Start off with round drills...they are easier and more forgiving when
lining them up. Once you have done a few round drills then venture off and try a square drill.

Thanks for explaining what you meant about the chicken eggs. Makes good sense to me!! #128513;

It rained here all day today. Suppose to be nicer tomorrow. I am going to my Sons house again and enjoy the day with them. Patti is
buying us Crab and Shrimp to feast on. Then we are going to play some board games and play with the kids too.

I slept off and on all day today because of the weather. Every time I turned around I was nodding off in my recliner.

My girlfriend and her husband Winter in Yuma Arizona but they left a couple of weeks ago when it hit 105-110.
They brought me a big beautiful glass flower for my Garden. It is gorgeous. It is made out of 1 plate and 3 glass bowls
and a vintage crystal door knob. I just pray that nobody steels it. It cost her $75.00 to make it for me. And it's Purple!!
So, Lovely I was extremely excited to get it.

I just ordered some new walking shoes...I wore my other expensive ones out. These are expensive ones too but I hope
they last longer than the last pair did. I went with a different company this time.

Okay girls, nothing more to share. Send me some of that Hot Weather would you please??? LOL

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - May 17 2020 :  08:41:34 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - that crab & shrimp feast sound yummy! Which reminds me - I bought a Zatarains crawfish, shrimp & crab boil in a bag at the store last week. I have some shrimp & scallops in the freezer now for awhile. Maybe I'll make a feast here for us! I've never tried anything like this at home.

We have rain coming for the next few days. Think I'll take a walk before it starts. I like to walk up and see my neighbors cows. It's about a 3 mile walk round trip.

Then I'll be on my screened porch watching the rain. Have a happy day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Farm Girl #790

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

Go to Top of Page

GinnyBelle
True Blue Farmgirl

501 Posts

Hannah
West Lafayette IN
USA
501 Posts

Posted - May 17 2020 :  12:18:19 PM  Show Profile
Definitely watching the rain here! Was out in a light drizzle working on building an enclosed herb garden, but have since moved back inside to do some housework now that the heavier rain has settled in. Thinking it's about time for a tea break though! Have a blessed day, ladies!

Farmgirl #6994

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - May 17 2020 :  1:23:23 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, Any day with the family is a good day! Thanks for the heads up on the diamond painting.

It has been nice here lately. In the 70's and 80's. Wasn't sure about today, seemed overcast this morning but the sun is shining now.
Need to go out and get some things on the porch cleaned up. Chair pads need to be wiped off a bit. Pollen shows up a lot this time of year out there.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - May 17 2020 :  3:59:44 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
70s here today and rain off n on. Got rain next 5 days! No playing in the dirt.

Peggy: What's a round drill? Take a pic of your new shiny toy and put it here for us to see!

That crab n shrimp does sound good. I have some shrimp in the freezer. Hmmmm

Did a crockpot of whole chicken and veggies. Turned out tasty. Why do we always talk about food? LOL

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - May 18 2020 :  07:23:16 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Good morning Ladies of the Porch!
Saturday was spent in the garden- 6 hours- weeding, and planting the next round of crops. Did 13000 steps by 2pm. Was exhausted. Sunday - the plumber came to look at why no hot water in Mom's prison cell. The good news (?) I guess is they were dumbfounded too, and were going to have to place a call to Moen to try and figure it out. Then off to packing up a car, truck, and trailer for a haul to Atlanta. Plan to be here for the next 3 weeks getting the house ready to sell. More night and weekend work ahead.

Time to get it done

Wishing you all a great week!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 18 2020 :  11:43:07 AM  Show Profile
Hi All,
Hey Sis, I was just thinking that all we talk about is weather. But you're right... food too. Hahaha
Guess we hafta eat, so it's fun to share what we ate.
We are cloudy and 75. Had rain this morning but cleared off. It got kinds warm last night. I still have my flannels on the bed, because of the chilly night temps. But last night it didn't get chilly and the ceiling fan and open windows just wasn't cutting it. Haha So, tonight is going to be chilly again, so... ya... can't win! Well, back to laundry and need to sweep floors. Make it a GREAT day Girlies!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

GinnyBelle
True Blue Farmgirl

501 Posts

Hannah
West Lafayette IN
USA
501 Posts

Posted - May 22 2020 :  12:18:07 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon ladies! I hope everyone is gearing up to have a fantastic Memorial Day weekend. My husband and I are excited to decorate for what I call Liberty Season! Even my cow is getting in on the action with a festive new collar!

Farmgirl #6994

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - May 22 2020 :  4:49:32 PM  Show Profile
Hannah that is adorable!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

GinnyBelle
True Blue Farmgirl

501 Posts

Hannah
West Lafayette IN
USA
501 Posts

Posted - May 22 2020 :  5:00:41 PM  Show Profile
Thank you! :)

Farmgirl #6994

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 22 2020 :  5:46:03 PM  Show Profile
Awwww... Hannah... what a cute cow!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - May 23 2020 :  8:23:23 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Awww, that IS a cute cow! Is it a cover for something or just a decoration?

I put red, white and blue bows on each of 5 windows hanging at the sill level. That's my Patriotic thing plus my flag

is hanging out. Been listening to Patriotic songs on Alexa.

My son took me and the grands out to get groceries and we ate at Hardees. We enjoyed each other much!Then before we went home he treated us all to Blizzards!

I had a Raspberry Choco Bliss. Wow! It WAS quite loaded with brownie bites..

I'm tired and got my jammies on now. Time to relax..

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - May 24 2020 :  06:34:38 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Patsy that is one place I have never eaten before. I don't think we have them here though I have lived where they do have them.
It is cold here today. Dark and overcast. I have the dehydrator going this morning so it is warming the kitchen a little bit.
Looks to be a good day for hot tea and a good book.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Edited by - levisgrammy on May 24 2020 06:35:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

GinnyBelle
True Blue Farmgirl

501 Posts

Hannah
West Lafayette IN
USA
501 Posts

Posted - May 24 2020 :  07:33:38 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, ladies! I love my cow. My momma made her for me probably 30 years ago.

Patsy- Just a decoration. I have her on a doll stand right now. And boy, does a blizzard sound GOOD!

Denise- That was my day on Thursday, but then summer came roaring in. Sunny, humid, high of 88! Thank goodness for sweet tea!

Farmgirl #6994

Sunshine Mixed With A Little Hurricane
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - May 24 2020 :  07:56:32 AM  Show Profile
Hannah,
When your momma makes you something that is a treasure! We have had 80's already this month but Friday it poured and rained on and off with the sun coming out in fits and starts yesterday. I think tomorrow is supposed to be nice though. We don't get as much humidity here as some do but we get enough to make it uncomfortable. Usually we get whatever you have had the day or so before.
I'm hoping we can go to my dd's tomorrow and have a picnic with them or at least a visit. My granddaughter spent the last two nights with us and she was so happy to be able to come over. They only live a few miles from us but with school and all she hasn't been able to get here for an overnight.

I have been busying in the kitchen making my dehydrator work overtime. LOL. Seems like once I start I don't know when to stop. I love drying fruits and all for making granola and snacks for the grands.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - May 24 2020 :  09:42:00 AM  Show Profile
Hello ladies!

Getting quite steamy here. Only 79 right now but really humid. I can't spend much time outside these days - hot flashes are horrible in this weather. I did manage a nice walk up the road earlier before the humidity set it.

There was a bear sighting about 2 miles from the house. Unusual for our area. We're keeping an eye on the dog & being alert when walking. Just in case.

Denise - how nice to have your Grand daughter spend time with you. I miss my niece & nephews back north.

Ginny - what a sweet cow! Love the outfit.

Craftbug - I haven't had a blizzard in years! We have a place here called Cook Out that has very thick shakes that I have to eat with a spoon but they don't compare to a blizzard.

Have a great day everyone!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Farm Girl #790

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2135 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2135 Posts

Posted - May 24 2020 :  10:46:29 AM  Show Profile
Deb -- I feel for you. I don't mind the hot flashes so much in the winter but they are horrible in hot weather. I don't take heat well anyway and adding hot flashes is pure torture. We have 106 predicted this week and I will just stay inside in front of the A/C. I try to make it until June before turning it on but It's going to have to go on today.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade

Edited by - StitchinWitch on May 24 2020 10:47:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - May 24 2020 :  4:05:50 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Yup! My A/C is running today. U G H!

Hardees makes really good burgers, but I like Burger King better.

My son is cooking some sausages on the grill and bringing them to me. I can stay in! yippee..

Hope you are all enjoying the long weekend..

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - May 24 2020 :  9:27:57 PM  Show Profile
haha! Patsy & Deb, I just turner my heater off 2 days ago!.. what a difference several thousand miles make! heeheehee!

As for porch sitting today,,, I have to wait until tomorrow,,, I have been in the garden weeding, and planting... then weed wacking around some trees... then helping our S.I.L. load ut the utility trailer with firewood... and.. the part that brings joy to my heart,,, I got my grandkiddos for the day.. they helped me in my garden and then we painted clothes pins and rocks.. then I let the girls dig through my fabric stash for fabric and trims to take home and make Teddy Bear clothes..
Also made a loaf of bread in the bread machine for them to take home..
All the while, the sun was shining and my heart was full of joy..

Happy Memorial Day to you all... May your hearts be full of joy.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - May 24 2020 :  9:30:29 PM  Show Profile
Oh, and I forgot to mention,,, we ate our PB&J sammies and tangerines out in the trailer...
Yep,, it was a great day,,, but tomorrow this Oma (grammy) will rest a spell on the porch... and yes, there will be Wine involved!
Snorks-n-giggles!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 25 2020 :  12:19:07 AM  Show Profile
Well Hello My Porchies...

I have been Mia for a few days just because of weather, my kitchen and dining room still torn up from the neighbors
leak and them fighting up there like cats and dogs! They were throwing stuff at each other and cussing up a storm and
one time I thought something that was thrown was going to come through the hole in my ceiling...it sounded like a big
glass bowl or ash tray. Then It got very quiet and I wondered if they killed each other up there. Geesh...the drama
was awful. It went on and off for two days.

Today I went out to my sons and had another lovely day with my sweet kiddos. We grilled hamburgers, hot dogs and put all
kinds of great toppings on them including pepper jack cheese and fried onions. I don't like mine on buns...I like white
breadand boy was it good! Then we did smores for dessert! It is suppose to rain here tomorrow but I will go back Wed.
for Elijah's 7th Birthday. It will just be a family birthday party but we are going to have friends drive by in a Birthday
Parade for him. It will be a FUN Day even though it will be a little sad that he can't have his friends come over...but
We will make it as fun as can be for him anyway.

Grace...so glad you got to have your Grand-daughters over for some Grammy time. Sounds like you all had fun!! We have to spoil
them every chance possible don't we?

Patsy...I have had my A/C on twice and it looks like, Wed. Thurs. and Friday it will be on again. I want it nice and Summer Hot!
As long as I can come in and enjoy the AC...I'm good!

Judith...we will let you keep your 106 degree weather...NOT THAT IS HOT...Hot flashes not counting! That is just too much Heat for me.

Deb...I remember those days of Hot Flashes in the Summer. That is when I was happy that I worked in AC. But when I got off
work it was a killer!! Glad those years don't last too long. I had a friend who had the worst Hot Flashes I had every seen. She
came over to bring me something and stood in my living room literally dripping sweat from her head, down her nose and dripping
a puddle on my carpet. It was gross...but I felt so sorry for her.

Hannah...I agree with everyone else...The Cow your Mama made for you is just Beautiful! What a Keepsake to have.

Denise...what are you dehydrating? My favorite things to dehydrate were Italian Plums. I would do tons of them and then
store them in coffee cans and they made the best treat! My kids at that time liked the Fruit Leathers I made for them...
so we were both happy having that dehydrator going non-stop all summer! I liked doing Strawberries, Honey Bannana Chips
and really any kind of Fruit.

Judy...you are right, we talk a lot about weather, food and books! Sounds like Farmgirl chatter to me. It's All Good!
What have you been doing? I just bought a Knitting Kit from Annies and my first three skeins should be here any day.
I am looking forward to doing a bit of knitting and learning 33 new stiches in the next 11 months. I need a little break
from my Diamond Painting after this huge Wedding One I just finished.

Well, girls it is getting late and I have about 200 more emails to check.

Have a Wonderful Memorial Day!!!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 25 2020 12:21:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

cowgirlup@21
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Darla
Hadashville Manitoba
Canada
15 Posts

Posted - May 25 2020 :  09:22:12 AM  Show Profile

All your talk about front porches has inspired me to stain mine and make it more inviting!

Cheers!!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - May 25 2020 :  12:30:41 PM  Show Profile
Darla,,, we'll be right over to chillaxe with you over a cup of tea on your lovely front porch....

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - May 25 2020 :  2:27:44 PM  Show Profile
Hey L.I.R aka PeggyAnn, if you are sitting on your porch,,,
I have a question,,, Is it you that does the 'Diamond' painting? and ,,, if so... how do you frame them or???
My daughter made one for me,,, but it is a 12.6 x 12.6 size..
I don't know if I should attach it to stretcher bars? custom frame it (bloody expensive) or sew it into a deco pillow

it's quite lovely and sparkly.. but I don't know how to properly finish/frame it..
Any suggestions?

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on May 25 2020 2:29:39 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Come Sit on the Porch Awhile Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page