6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2020 :  2:28:56 PM  Show Profile
Hello, My Porchies...

Sonday is always a good day!

OUR weather is rainy and in the 60's. Every day seems to be a Surprise about what kind of weather we are going to get.

I just ordered a Sony DVD/CD Portable Player...so I can do a video exercise program and watch old DVD's.
The gal wanted 75.00 or best offer. So, I offered her $60.00 and she agreed. I got it yesterday and it
doesn't work. My only bad Ebay Purchase. The gal swears she will refund me and she better. I'm not keen
on being ripped off. Who does??? LOL Very Disappointing though.

Not much happening around here. Pretty boring in fact. Other than My Best Friend who works at a local hospital,
thought she came down with Covid. We were all praying for her. Praise God her results were Negative. That is
the most excitement we have had in months. It was pretty scary really. But God answered our prayers! Which was
awesome.

Well, Ladies. Keep enjoying your yards and gardens and porches. Isn't that what we do in the Summer????

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 07 2020 2:32:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2134 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2134 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2020 :  7:27:22 PM  Show Profile
The weather cooled off to the 70s this weekend so we went up to our trailer in the hills. I sewed more quilts blocks on my hand crank sewing machine and we took a nice little hike in the afternoon before heading home. It will probably be my last trip up there for a while as the weather is warming u too much for me to be out in it. First I was under house arrest from the virus and now I will be under more house arrest due to the heat.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2020 :  07:32:27 AM  Show Profile
lets see, not sitting on the porch at the moment, but will be later. Always do my work in the morning. We usally get up aout six. My kids and Grand kids think we are crazy. BUT1 I have every thing under control around here early in the day. Guess its my farm upbringing. Or I'm just a morning person.
Just started a new book, looks to be a good one. I will let you know. Washing all the bedding today, lots of bleach, seems since this cov19 event I get a little a carried away. Rubbing alcohol and bleach are very popular around here.
And I think I had to much coffee this morning. QUESTION- Can I put a feather pillow in the washing machine?

NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2020 :  12:23:25 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
I hear you Deb! I like to putter in my garden at night after 7pm but soon I will be fighting off skeeties..

Right now it "feels like 99" so hiding in the house. Did get out earlier to check my chicky gals.

Yup, A/C is my friend in Ky.

Stay cool..

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2134 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2134 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2020 :  12:33:20 PM  Show Profile
Nancy -- I have been wondering the same about feather pillows; I have one I would love to wash. Washing would mat the feathers together but it seems to me that putting them in the dryer would fluff them up again. I may get brave andi try it but DH won't be happy if the experiment fails as it is his pillow.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2020 :  07:28:49 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning!

I had high hopes for this morning. Was getting ready to take a walk up the hill and see my neighbors new herd of cows. I can barely walk. I don't know if its a pinched nerve or sciatica or both. I've taken some ibuprofen and will go soak in an epsom salt bath shortly. :(

Supposed to get some storms this afternoon so I'm not worried about watering the garden. Maybe I'll sit on my screened porch and watch the storm today.

Have a lovely day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Farm Girl #790

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2020 :  08:27:25 AM  Show Profile
Hi all,
Need to get out on the porch this afternoon and get some more fresh air.

I think you can wash a feather pillow, though it should say on the tag weather you can or not. I wash my down comforter. I know it will smell bad till it is dry. Dryer fluffs it right up again.

I've been working on projects around the house and doing some of my own hand crafts for swaps I am in.

Went to services here on Sunday. Was good to see people there though not everyone has started attending again yet.
Nancy Jo, like you I am a morning person. It comes from growing up that way I think. I get all my stuff done in the morning especially in the summer so I don't have to be out in the heat of the afternoon.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2134 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2134 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2020 :  12:33:59 PM  Show Profile
(((Hugs Deb))) I've been through that back business all too often. It can zap you without any reason or warning. Rest and take it easy.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2020 :  04:05:40 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Good morning Sisters of the Porch!
Deb- It must be the season. 106 bags of mulch was enough to send my back into the same issue (lot's of ice and Aleve helped after a day or so tho I'm def not 100 pct) Look up piriformis on line. There's a lot of stretches that apparently can help that and sciatica (related).
As for down pillows - I have washed them. For whatever reason I was always told to use a little dishwashing liquid instead of laundry detergent (a tbs is enough!) - but they take FOREVER to dry (low heat).

I'm still in ATL prison with Mom. We've now had 67 items on the to do list to get the house ready to sell, and 37 are done as of today. Thankfully all tasks are not created equally (mulching the yard, and painting the upstairs are equal to fixing the screen that Moose put his paw through while here). I'm taking tomorrow off from work to get another 12 hours in, and sending Mom (and Moose) home on Friday, and have my cousins in for Saturday who can hopefully help me get home by Sunday (fingers and toes crossed). If I am still here Monday - it will be a month, and I'm not sure I can mentally take that!

I'm glad to see you all mostly doing well. Occasional porch sitting is the only touch with 'news' I love.

Stay Healthy & Strong!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2020 :  10:48:18 AM  Show Profile

I just lost my whole post. Kicking the computer and I will be back later!!!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2020 :  1:01:00 PM  Show Profile
Went to Tractor Supply with the hubby today. Decided to pick up a MJF magazine while I was there. Got home to discover it's the same issue I already had. Ugh! Do you think they'd take it back?

It's 88 out but my weather app says it "feels like 98". So hot & steamy. I'm hiding out for the rest of the day.

Washing machine repair man is here. Finally. Brand new washer and it is always out of balance. My washer will jump at least 8" when it's out of balance. I told hubby I think I've trapped a demon in there. Hoping this guy can fix it. (the last place never called us back and reported to warranty that everything was fine) fingers crossed!

Farm Girl #790

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2020 :  8:45:14 PM  Show Profile
Deb,
Hoping you're doing better with your back. I deal with sciatica and a pinched nerve daily. Somedays it's good and other days not so much. It helps me to keep a balance between the amount of time I spend walking and sitting. Too long of one or the other and it gets painful. I find Arnica rub does help a lot with the pain.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2020 :  9:09:59 PM  Show Profile
HiYa Porch Buds, We just had a couple of miserable hot and humid days. We're so use to the high 70's and low 80's that it was really hard to take. But we made it thru even though we had to endure a nasty storm last night that sent us to the basement for an hour. It cooled it back down to 70 and was 65 by 3 AM. I woke up chilled to say the least. Now we can enjoy cooler temps again, mid 70's to low 80's, Suppose to stay there for a week(Thank You God)!
Deb, I feel for you. I too have one of those backs that 'Goes Out More Than I Do"! It's so unfair.
Yes, I think T.S.C will take the magazine back as long as you have the receipt. Why not? :)
Peg, the weirdest thing happened to my post. It wouldn't submit. The button froze. That's a new one. I went all the way out and back in(fearing the whole thing would be gone), but it was still there...just, frozen.
I finally deleted it and walked away, like you always do, frustrated! grrrr...Those NASTY Puter Gremlins!!
Ok Girlies, until next time...

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2020 :  12:21:30 AM  Show Profile
Hello, My Porchies...Yes, I am back!!

Judy...I had that same thing happen with the submit a couple of weeks ago. Strange and Nasty Computer Gremlins Indeed!!
This last time it like did this little hiccup right while I was typing and threw me completely out of MJF...I
was hoping I could get back in and it was still there again but nope!! I real fast tried Control Z and nothing
happened.

Deb...I really doubt they will take your magazine back. I worked in 2 Book Store and shopped in plenty of them too
and no one would ever take a Magazine back. Let us know if you have better luck than I ever did. It will be a Miracle!
You might just bless somebody with that issue!

We Just had two muggy sultry days in the high 70's. And My Fibro about killed me off!! Yesterday was the worst day. I
was slathering CBD Cream from my neck to my knees. Tonight it's just my feet!

The workman finally came back this week and they will finish tomorrow or Monday and then I can put my Kitchen and Dining
Room back together. It only took 4 weeks this time instead of 5. I swear if the Lady upstairs has one more major leak
I'm going to help her move!! The workman keep teasing me about hoping the gal up there never has another leak because they
are tired of fixing both Apartments!! They almost had to rebuild her apartment this time.

Okay, I'm saying good night while I still have a post on here.

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 12 2020 12:26:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2020 :  07:16:39 AM  Show Profile
I do love a porch, growing up on a farm we had a huge wrap around porch, and there was always people coming and going. Friends, aunts uncles cousins friends. I miss that. I have a cute little front porch and a nice deck in the back, but its just not the same. I guess its true you can't go home
Today in the 70's, been real hot so this is a treat. I think I'll bake some chicken breasts in the oven later.
Also thought I would play with my scrape book. Add a few more pages. Haven't had that out in a while.
Always fun to read here what everyone is up to.
Nancy Jo

NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

BeckyT
True Blue Farmgirl

170 Posts

Rebecca
Byhalia Ms
USA
170 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2020 :  2:34:30 PM  Show Profile
Actually sitting in a rocker on my daughter’s front porch enjoying the breeze. Waiting to go have dinner with the daughters and then go home to my own porch.

Trust Jesus
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2020 :  4:49:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies, Glad to see everyone enjoying the porch.
THe day started out well. Had a few ladies in for brunch. After they left I went to the post office and stopped in at the local Amish market to pick up some things. Wasn't there very long but by the time I started for the car I could hardly walk. This pain from sciatica is for the birds. I got home and put an ice pack on it. Helped enough I could get a quick supper and now I am in my recliner watching a movvie hoping it works itself out. I hate never being able to plan much. It was real good this morning but the more I sat the worse it got. Then it seemed the more I walked. Can't win some days. Oh well.
Hope everyone enjoys their evening.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jun 13 2020 04:04:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2134 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2134 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2020 :  4:51:54 PM  Show Profile
Finally sitting down, enjoying the cooler weather today. Smelling smoke from a nearby grassfire, aided by the wind. We have had a windy year so far; I hope it doesn't continue as it will really contribute to another bad fire year. We had little rain this year and everything is already bone dry.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2020 :  8:50:23 PM  Show Profile
Well,, just kicked back and am enjoying a lovely Dry Martini... as I watch the sun set... a lovely shade of golden reds melding into shades of purples...
We are expecting a storm later this evening... and rain for the next few days.. oh joy,, but at least we will have a lovely sunset for a wee bit longer...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2020 :  04:29:07 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Good morning Sisters of the Porch!
Grace - I do love a good sunset (tho sunrises are awesome too) - do we have a conversation located somewhere on the site where ppl can post their sunrises and sunsets?
I was so thrilled to wake up this morning - IN MY OWN BED. Not on a floor, not in another state surrounded by mounds of impossible work!
Mom and I were freed from Atlanta prison (aka - old house) over the weekend. It took 3 additional family members to get us done, but I drove away from the house feeling like it's ready to find new owners who will continue to love it as much as we did.
Got home last night around 6. My neighbor (who is an awesome cook) had made BBQ chicken, salt potatoes, and sweet corn for dinner. It was the best food I've ever had, and it was so thoughtful of him!

This morning - everything still hurts except my left eyebrow. That's pretty much been the status quo for the last 29 days, but as I sit here in my desk getting ready wo start my work day, I'm so grateful for wonderful family and friends, as good people are truly gifts in our lives.

Here's hoping you all have a little awesomeness in your lives this week!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2020 :  07:11:27 AM  Show Profile
D - what a blessing your neighbor is! Bbq chicken sounds so good right now!

I love the idea of a sunset/sunrise conversation! I'd participate.

Judith - hope that fire doesn't get out of control. Scary when it gets so dry.

It's 64 out and the sun is just coming up over the ridge. Hubby & I are on the back porch having our coffee and listening to the birds sing. Beautiful day. A couple of turkeys have wandered through as well.

Sitting here deciding if I want to venture out on the kayak today. I've only kayaked twice and that was very recently. We've always canoed since I was very young. This is new to me. Hubby bought us each kayaks and I'm afraid to go out onto the main lake (which is right across the road) so he's going to take me to a bay by the boat launch about 2 miles away. It's calmer and not so busy with boat traffic. fingers crossed ladies! I'm trying to be brave.

Enjoy you day!

Farm Girl #790

Edited by - City Chick on Jun 16 2020 07:13:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2020 :  11:05:56 AM  Show Profile
HiYa All, I got up at 6:30 because my tree trimmers were coming at 8. I woke earlier and decided there's no use in trying to go back to sleep... get up! Hahaha So I threw a load of laundry in and figured I'd be ahead when they got done trimming and could get my clothes hung. They were done by 9:30. Pine trees were drooping down onto my clothes lines and bird feeders, so, ya, they had to go! I keep all their lower branches cut about 12 feet off the ground. They make good shade and protection for all the wild birds I feed. We have a coopers hawk that occasionally swoops in for breakfast, so they feel safe when they can fly into the pines.
Then I had a large mystery bush by the road that was choking out my butterfly bush and my azalea and a small peach tree that quit bearing, so those had to go. That really opened up and brightened up the place.
So that's been my crazy morning.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2020 :  07:38:22 AM  Show Profile
Too cold here to be out on the porch today. I have a few errands to run and then I need to get back to work in my craft room. It needs a good cleaning and straightening up so I can back to sewing and such.

Judy, we have a few trees that need taken out but it is quite expensive here to get it done. Need to save some $$ for the job first. I don't want dh trying to do it.

I see the sun peeking out a little so I hope it gets to come out and warm things up a little. Next week we are looking at high 80's low 90's.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2020 :  09:17:21 AM  Show Profile
Today is our last cool morning for awhile. Going to get hot & humid - again. I decided to have my morning coffee fireside. Not sure why I haven't done this before. It was nice to sit and sip.

I too have a couple of trees that need to be dealt with. Hoping we can get our tree guy out soon.

I picked up a couple of nuts on my hike yesterday. Not sure if they're hickory nuts or what. Hoping I can sprout them. I'm off to do some research. Have a happy day!

Farm Girl #790

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2020 :  10:21:41 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...

I feel pretty brain dead but wanted you all to know I am alive (barely) and kicking! Finally got the Kitchen Repairs Done
and was able to put my kitchen back in order (I cleaned every appliance, walls, and counters thoroughly. I can now even
use my table for eating, my Morning Office and Crafting. A month without it was painful!!

Weather in the 80's today!!! Feels like Summer for the first time this year!!

Hope everyone has a Beautiful Day!!

Love, Hugs and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Come Sit on the Porch Awhile Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page