farmgirlnextdoor
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Sandy
FORT WORTH TX
USA
52 Posts

Posted - May 15 2020 :  4:05:35 PM  Show Profile
Farmgirl Sisters, how many badges do you plan to earn? Is it common to only choose a few of your favorites? Do you plan to earn all three levels? I have found several badges that I may want to earn the second level for but perhaps not the third. Do you plan your badges in advance or do you do the next one that catches your eye? Just wondering how everyone else is doing things.

Sandy
Farmgirl Sister #8063
http://www.thefarmgirlnextdoor.com

GinnyBelle
True Blue Farmgirl

501 Posts

Hannah
West Lafayette IN
USA
501 Posts

Posted - May 15 2020 :  5:38:01 PM  Show Profile
I'm going to try and earn as many as I can just because I love the challenge of doing new things. As for all the levels, yes, if I can. There are a few I've run across that it's just not probable that I can do the more advanced level. I am not that good at planning. I'm definitely more the catch my eye kind of gal. But I've noticed that some of the badges can overlap, so I really need to pay attention or I might miss an opportunity to work on multiples.

Farmgirl #6994

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9205 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - May 15 2020 :  6:15:22 PM  Show Profile
I pick as I go. There are some that I am already advanced in but need to do the level 1 and 2 just to get to the 3rd one. But some are not something I can do so I may do whatever levels I can and leave the rest or maybe do them at a different time. I do enjoy the challenges though!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/

Edited by - levisgrammy on May 15 2020 6:15:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tchr66
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Terri
Clarington Ohio
USA
451 Posts

Posted - May 15 2020 :  7:42:54 PM  Show Profile
I love a challenge and this has really helped me endure the quarantine order. I am attempting to chose Badges that really appeal to me. The academic ones made sense to me to attack first. One requires I read 9 books. Another requires reading one book. The second can be counted toward the first. So as Hannah said some planning is a good thing.

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
Joshua 24:15
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlnextdoor
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Sandy
FORT WORTH TX
USA
52 Posts

Posted - May 15 2020 :  8:27:56 PM  Show Profile
I'm also using quarantine time to work on badges. I need to be productive and the badges fit the bill.

Sandy
Farmgirl Sister #8063
http://www.thefarmgirlnextdoor.com
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - May 18 2020 :  1:30:24 PM  Show Profile
I just pick the ones that catch my eye. I have plans to complete all 3 levels as long as I am capable of it. And I agree, some may overlap and some you may already be doing. There may be things you are doing around your house to go green or working in the garden that may apply to a badge. The point is to have fun, learn new skills, and challenge yourself. Do what works best for you!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlnextdoor
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Sandy
FORT WORTH TX
USA
52 Posts

Posted - May 20 2020 :  5:25:04 PM  Show Profile
Absolutely! If I'm not having fun, I'm dropping it. I don't mean that I won't work through challenges, I just mean that not everything will be my strength and that's ok. I can barter what I'm good at for something I'm not. Better for everyone.

Sandy
Farmgirl Sister #8063

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6747 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6747 Posts

Posted - May 21 2020 :  07:36:42 AM  Show Profile
My plan is to start with Garden Gate & Farm Kitchen since I am already doing much of it already. Next will probably be Stitching & Crafting since I do felted wool applique; embroidery; and some crafts.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - May 22 2020 :  12:59:19 PM  Show Profile
Sara, I agree. Those are some great ones to work on. You are always so busy in your kitchen! One day I’ll be as good as you lol!

Krista
Go to Top of Page
  Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic How Many Badges? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page