Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Who does Freeze Drying for food preservation?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Who does Freeze Drying for food preservation? Next Topic  

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - May 28 2020 :  05:22:46 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
I'm looking to expand my food preservation capabilities ahead of this year's veggies and fruits coming in. Anyone out there using a freeze dryer for food preservation?

Any tips you can provide for meats, dairy, fruits and veggies? Any unexpected uses? Are you happy with the size/ brand you bought??

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2860 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2860 Posts

Posted - May 28 2020 :  07:06:44 AM  Show Profile
D
I wish I had one of those, but the ones I see are several thousand dollars. Not in my budget. Have you seen them cheaper?
Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - May 28 2020 :  07:12:02 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
I have not seen them 'cheaper' but they do go on sale. We have a couple of family members interested in going in on this together. Just hoping someone out there had taken the plunge and had some knowledge to share :)

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Who does Freeze Drying for food preservation? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page