Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 Hello from Hansville Washington
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from Hansville Washington Next Topic  

Suzinna53
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Susan
Hansville WA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2020 :  4:38:56 PM  Show Profile
So glad I finally have time to say hello. I live with my husband on 2.5 acres overlooking the Salish Sea. We are blessed with Eagles, Whales, Salmon, Blue Heron, and many species of Birds as well as Deer, Bears, and Coyotes. I am looking forward to all the wonderful new things ideas and learning from you all. My motto is to learn something new every day. I raise all my own plant starts in our greenhouse and grow or forage most of our plant foods and medicines. I am a retired Herb Farmer and practicing Indigenous Herbalist. I participate in our Ceremonies and raise plants for Elders and friends in my community. I have been saving seed for over 30 years and love to give them away. I have 13 grandchildren several who want to earn merit badges. I am also a visual artist, love cooking and baking, play piano, guitar and drum and sing in our Sweat Lodge. I am grateful that this forum is available especially is these times.
There is a quote I love from Xavier Rudd an Australian Aboriginal European singer from his Spirit Bird Video,
“Many tribes of a modern kind doing brand new work same spirit by side holding hearts and hands in ancestral twine ancestral twine"
All my Relations
Susan

Cheers!

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2020 :  4:43:52 PM  Show Profile
Hello Susan and welcome to MJF from sunny Southern California! I hope you love the Farmgirl Connection as much as I do and look forward to getting to know you through your posts.

Jana
MJF #7110

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cjhandcraftedstudio

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6789 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6789 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2020 :  05:36:13 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Susan from northeast Texas. I enjoyed reading about you; your family & community; and your work with herbs. I'll be looking for you around the Farm.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders & your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2020 :  06:48:38 AM  Show Profile
Hi Susan and welcome from way over here in north central Florida!! It is great to meet another new Farmgirl from the beautiful state of Washington. I look forward to hearing more from you as you find topics to make comments on and share your ideas.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2020 :  11:25:22 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Susan from over here on the east coast. So glad to have you here.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6436 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6436 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2020 :  1:37:02 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Susan from Coos Bay, Oregon, glad you are going to be a part of our wonder group of Women.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the ocean.” Lord Byron”

Women are Angels, and
when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2020 :  10:22:25 PM  Show Profile
Hey Susan, Welcome from the East side of the state.. Spokane.. where Eagles fly and Sunflowers reach up to the sky!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2020 :  1:01:00 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Susan! It’s so wonderful to have you join us. Your home sounds absolutely wonderful and breathtaking. I bet it’s so peaceful. Thank you for stopping by to share about yourself. I hope to see you around the forum and get to know you a little better.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

GinnyBelle
True Blue Farmgirl

501 Posts

Hannah
West Lafayette IN
USA
501 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2020 :  7:26:12 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Susan! :)

Farmgirl #6994

Sunshine Mixed With A Little Hurricane
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1480 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1480 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2020 :  09:46:57 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Susan from a fellow Washingtonian! I live in Renton and also enjoy the local wildlife in our beautiful PNW. How exciting that you are involved in so many ways with preserving the ways of your indigenous culture. I look forward to seeing you around the forum and getting to know you as a fellow farm sister!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2020 :  8:14:28 PM  Show Profile
Oh my Susan!! So wonderful to 'meet' you!! What wonderful stories you must have! Such talent. Welcome farm sister! Looking forward to getting to 'know' you better!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2020 :  07:17:19 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, Susan, from Lansing, North Carolina! We live in the upper mountains of North Carolina and have some of the things you described. We love going to Washington and Oregon. Your place and activities sound like Paradise to me. Looking forward to getting to know you! Take care,

Joan P.
Farmgirl Sister #8056

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth." - William W. Purkey

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phillippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from Hansville Washington Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page