Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 We're All FGOM Giveaway! WINNERS ANNOUNCED! PAGE 2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic We're All FGOM Giveaway! WINNERS ANNOUNCED! PAGE 2 Next Topic
Page: of 3

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2020 :  10:17:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls!

I just wanted to figure out how to tell all of you how much you mean to me, even if you're new and I haven't "met" you yet - you are my farmgirl sisters! And I am grateful for every single one of you!

But I was also thinking... Heck... I can't be the only farmgirl who feels this way! So MANY of us have connected here on MJF in such special ways! And ALL farmgirls are absolutely STELLAR, and deserve THEIR time to SHINE! ALL of you deserve to be FGOM, too!

So here's the deal:

Each of you please take a moment to name your favorite farmgirl below, and tell us why she is so special to your heart. Is it something she does? Is it something she has done for you? How does she inspire you? What farmgirl qualities always come to mind when you see her on MJF? If her name is picked in the drawing, SHE will win a special gift from me!

But wait.. that's not good enough! Because chances are, YOU are a pretty awesome farmgirl yourself and deserve a little sumtin' sumtin' special, too!

SO...

When you name your favorite farmgirl and tell us all the special things about her, I will include YOU in the giveaway! THAT'S RIGHT! If her name is pulled in the drawing, then you BOTH will win a special gift from me - to celebrate BOTH of you!!!

Let's call it the "We're ALL FGOM Giveaway!"

One gift for your favorite farmgirl - AND one gift for YOU!!!!

Cool? COOL!

Here's how it works:

As I said, YOU post all about YOUR FAVORITE FARMGIRL below, telling us why she is so special to you.

Entry submissions must be made no later than noon on August 30th.

Then on August 30th, I will write down both of your names and addresses on a piece of paper and put them in my cookie crock and really shake it around good.

THEN I will then have my hubby pull the winners' names and announce them on MJF! (GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!!!)

THEN I will email you to obtain your address as well as your favorite farmgirl's address.

Once I receive your addresses, your gifts will be mailed out to each of you right away!

Cool? COOL!

So, what will you win? Here's the fun part!

If you and your favorite farmgirl win the drawing, each of you will receive one set of the following two matching sets - one for her, one for you!:

That includes one of each of these for each of you:

- A Hand Dipped Fall Harvest Cake Candle by the Warm Glow Candle Company in Centerville, Indiana
- An Autumn Pumpkin and Floral Candle Ring
- An Alphabet Tin Candle Plate

- My personal favorite Raspberry Jam sampler from my favorite local berry farm, Sand Hill Berries, in Mount Pleasant, PA
- A Blackberry Sage Tea sampler from The Republic of Teas
- A lovely little Floral Teabag holder

- My favorite new canning cookbook, "Not Your Mama's Canning Book," by Rebecca Lindamood! SO excited to share this with you!!!

Again, your giveaway entry submissions must be posted here below by Monday, August 3oth at noon.

Winners names will be announced shortly thereafter.

Your giveaway gifts will be mailed out as soon as I receive your addresses.

Cool? COOL!

I am so excited to celebrate all of us farmgirls together this month! I hope you all are, too! I just can't WAIT to hear all the wonderful things you have to say!

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

MJF Farmgirls are the BEST!

Hugs and Love -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Aug 30 2020 09:02:20 AM

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9185 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9185 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2020 :  09:58:57 AM  Show Profile
Nini,
I had a hard time choosing just one Farmgirl but I think I will go with Julie aka treelady. She inspires me to be better in my character and she shows so much kindness from her heart in her posts and in all she does. She is a true blue through and through Farmgirl. She is a good listener and always there to help. I just believe she displays the kind of Farmgirl I want be someday.
Thank you for letting me take part in this. You too are a generous, kind Farmgirl and I'm so glad to know you since being on the forum.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/

Edited by - levisgrammy on Aug 15 2020 10:00:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2020 :  12:01:14 PM  Show Profile
Awww... I know, Denise... Picking just one special farmgirl IS really, really hard! But you're absolutely right. Julie is a farmgirl gem - just like YOU! Thank you SO much for participating and giving Julie her time to shine! I love it!

Love and hugs-

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4080 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4080 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2020 :  5:58:12 PM  Show Profile
I am going to choose someone who would like that canning book as much as I would. Yellow Rose Sara. She has inspired me from her yellow rose cottage, to my kitchen. Thank you Nini.

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2020 :  08:23:53 AM  Show Profile
Awww...Michele! You AND Sara are both dear to my heart! I'm so glad you've given her this time to shine! Thank you so much for participating!

Hugs and love,

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7431 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7431 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2020 :  09:06:19 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
There are so many super farm girls. There are two that have been special to me - and it is hard to chose just one. I have met both of them in person, and one has already been listed above, so we already know that she is special. I will select Marilyn - TexasGran. She works hard around her farm, does a lot for her family, shares great stories of growing up in Texas, and participates in many swaps in all categories of crafts from fabrics to paper to yarns. I wish I could get as much accomplished in one day as she does.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2649 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2649 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2020 :  09:18:37 AM  Show Profile
Nini! How gracious of you!!!

Yes, so very difficult to nominate just one farmgirl... Every farmgirl is just so special in so many ways. However, I will nominate Marlene Burns! She is an amazing farmgirl, loves lifes simplicities, loves God, church and our children! (which are our future!)

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2020 :  09:36:44 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Linda! April! WONDERFUL choices! For ALL the reasons you stated! Marilyn is like a warm quilt, isn't she? Love her! And Marlene.. I just love her! LOVE her devotion to children, especially! They ARE our future, and they NEED us!!! Thank you for giving them their time to shine! And I think you BOTH are wonderful farmgirls, too! YAY! Thank you for participating!!!

This is going to be hard pulling just one set of names... I wish I had a million hours and a million bucks so I could make and send EVERYONE something special!!! EVERYONE deserves a big hug and a special treat! Everyone!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Aug 16 2020 09:37:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2855 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2855 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2020 :  4:07:08 PM  Show Profile
UGH!!! Nini! Making us choose one, of course I would likely choose you, and my sweetie Sara(already picked), but also Winnie, Red Tractor Girl, for her great seasonal giveaways, love for apples (now that's a Farmgirl!), and especially how sweet she was with giving my mom her precious crocheted hat! SO many hard choices, everyone deserves to win!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16931 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16931 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2020 :  10:47:08 PM  Show Profile
Like everyone has said,, there are soooo many wonderful MJF-gals... and so many lovely names have already been mentioned...
I would like to add Nicole~Texadane as my pick.... she and I are kindred Glamping Spirits... and one of these days,, after all the 'dust' settles,,, she and I will meet up on the Glamping Trail with our Singer Featherweights...

And Nini,,, you are to sweet,, hosting this,, your kind words, your sweet support for us.. You my dear are a True Blue MJF-girl.. hugz

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6593 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6593 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2020 :  2:12:52 PM  Show Profile
Definitely agree! It is very hard to pick just one. And I agree with every Farmgirl that has already been picked. So many wonderful choices. I am going go with my Auntie MaryJane! Without her none of us would be here together. She has so many wonderful books, magazines, food, etc and continues to keep inspiring so many. I love having her as an example and family member. When I grow up I want to be just like her!

Nini, you are amazing and so sweet! This giveaway is the best. I love how it’s so supportive of everyone!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2020 :  01:21:07 AM  Show Profile
Oh, girls! Winnie, Nicole and MaryJane herself! Awesome! I love that you have given them each this moment to shine! See how hard this is, though?! Lol. And yet isnt it just incredible to have so many inspirational farmgirls who lead us even higher farmgirl heights! How blessed we all are! And I sure hope you KNOW I adore all three of you girls, too! You three always make me smile!

Hugs,

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2020 :  06:07:11 AM  Show Profile
So many wonderful ladies here...how do we choose? I will go with Grace aka Katmom. I have noticed that she comments on so many threads. When she comments, she conveys such a sense of love to everyone she corresponds with. We connect through our love of glamping. I want to say that I have been coming here for over ten years. I have felt more love come out of this forum than I have felt in my own community. (This could be because I am a homebody) Thanks for doing this giveaway, Nini.

Sherone

Lean on me, when you're not strong, And I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on, For it won't be long, 'Til I'm gonna need, Somebody to lean on.

Farmgirl Sister #93

Our Blog

www.tinytaylorhomestead.com

Our Etsy Shop

www.annapearlsattic.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1740 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1740 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2020 :  08:53:21 AM  Show Profile
Thank you April for the kind words.You are a special farm girl friend. I would choose Madelena who sponsors the card swaps each month. She organizes Portias card swaps. Special lady.

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16931 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16931 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2020 :  2:20:46 PM  Show Profile
Oh Nini,, you have reminded us why we love being MJF girls... the Sisterhood, friendships created,, the love and support and all the encouragement to help us "Show No Fear"...
hugz

(Sherone.. hugz and keep on Glamping.. it, sort of, keeps us out of mischief! snorks-n-giggles)

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2020 :  2:22:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sherone! Hi Marlene! I love your choices, of course! Gracie is pure sunshine, for sure! And Mary (Madelena) reminds us that Portia's heavenly star is shining brightly by keeping us connected through swaps in her memory! LOVE that!!! Love them both to bits! And love YOU both dearly, too! So love hearing why you both are giving Gracie and Mary their times to shine! Thank you for participating!!! So much fun!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2020 :  2:27:30 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Gracie - that is my hope! We all fill each other's hearts and lives with such wonderful farmgirl love! Every farmgirl has incredible impact in all of our lives - and I think it's so important that every farmgirl know she does! So I really hope EVERYONE will keep posting and join this very special giveaway! I just want everyone to feel warm and smiley about each other and themselves - ALL the time!

Hugs and love -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16931 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16931 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2020 :  2:59:23 PM  Show Profile
Nini.... HUGZ, HUGZ, HUGZ... and Squisches!

We are a fabulous Tribe of fun loving women!!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16931 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16931 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2020 :  3:06:52 PM  Show Profile
Hey Nini,,, I am posting this on behalf of our sweet sister, Debbie Fisher.. 'Blessed in Colorado'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Grace~
Still having issues logging in and even trying to put in a new password. Brian is working on it.

So, would you tell her that Sherry Buck holds a special place in my heart for many reasons. She is such a kind, forgiving person to all, and I will be forever Blessed to have her in my life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
hugz

Debbie, happy to pass on your choice... hugz to you and Sherry

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6475 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6475 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2020 :  4:00:32 PM  Show Profile
Nini, this is so sweet and generous of you to offer a fun giveaway! Like others here, it is very hard to pick just one person and everyone already chosen are special to me too. So, I wish to add Connie Killarney. Connie and I have become good friends over the years and I appreciate her caring and trusted friendship.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6366 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6366 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2020 :  06:38:42 AM  Show Profile
I am back. Not sure what was wrong but it is fixed now. Thanks Brian.
Thanks Grace for posting for me.
I just wanted to say how hard it was to pick just one Farmgirl as all our Farmgirls are special!
Thanks Nini for the give away.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the ocean.” Lord Byron”

Women are Angels, and
when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2020 :  7:43:13 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Gracie! You're a peach! I love Lucy!!! LOVE her! And yes - we ARE! LOL!

Hi Winnie! Hi Debbie - so glad you're up and running again!!! :) WONDERFUL choices! Connie and Sherry ALWAYS make me smile! How blessed we are to forge these wonderful farmgirl friendships! SUCH a blessing! How awesome that you are giving them both time to shine! Thank you so, so much!

Hugs and love -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2959 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2959 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2020 :  1:11:55 PM  Show Profile
I have a very hard picking just one farmgirl as there are so many wonderful ones to choose from!!! I would like to nominate Darlene - Healing Touch. I love her strong faith, her willingness to help others, and her sense of humor.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2020 :  2:24:56 PM  Show Profile
Ladies---I love so many farmgirls---all of you are great. I decline to pick just one as so many have been so nice to me. To me this is like trying out for cheerleader or trying to get voted to be homecoming queen---I find this juvenile and hurtful. All of you are wonderful and equal in my eyes. And ---if anyone read my comment about Donald Drumpt---My husband dared me to put it in there to be silly. SORRY! I do not do politics or care and did not mean to insult anyone. I do love America and follow the news closely and I listen to both sides. Love to all you special ladies. All of you are sweet talented ladies. Keep the peace---LOL.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2020 :  2:34:07 PM  Show Profile
Sorry--it's an f---not a t. Google it. LOL and love to all.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2020 :  6:06:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi Heather! Thank you! I love Darlene! One of the all-time greats! Her faith and kindness has carried me through many times during this whole ordeal. YOU have, too! :) Awesome choice! Thank you!

Oh, Barbara.. I don't even know how to reply. This breaks my heart. I was only trying to give everyone their time to shine and express their love for our sisters, and share the joy and the love with a special giveaway. I honestly... I just... I am so, so sorry you feel this way. I wish I could make you feel better. I just... I just don't know what to say. I am totally taken back by your feelings, totally blown away and feel horrible about offending you with this. All I can say is that I'm so sorry you feel this way! I never meant to be juvenile and hurtful. I would NEVER do that! God bless you, sister; truly. My love to you, always!

Hugs and love -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Aug 20 2020 6:09:25 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic We're All FGOM Giveaway! WINNERS ANNOUNCED! PAGE 2 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page