True Blue Farmgirl

17017 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17017 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2020 :  7:59:30 PM  Show Profile
Here are 2 photos of my mom and I...
Some of you may have seen them on Facebook..
I have the best mom and best memories and even though she is still with us,, because of her major stroke,, she is just a shell of the person she use to be.. but she smiles a lot,, even though she is barely able to speak a few words with difficulty.

'around 2011...
mom flew up to Washington to spend several weeks with us...
and now...

My sister is the Best! She moved mom in with her and her husband,,, and we have a hired help to take care of mom while my sister works (fortunately from home)..
Sometimes it's hard for me to chat with family in Germany when they inquire about moms current condition... Because of the Covid-19 issues.. no one can come here..... and we totally get it.. so we use 'WhatsApp' to chat and do quick mini videos for them..

As for my sis and I, we use 'facetime' to video chat so mama can see me and I her...

Cherish your loved ones.. hold them near... and hold onto the memories..
Today I pulled out one of mom's German Dirndls/Trochten and just hugged it to feel her love... I know it sounds silly... but I am just a silly daughter who loves her mother...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2020 :  8:08:07 PM  Show Profile
Grace, you are not silly AT ALL! Cherish every moment and keep the memories going. She is precious! I miss my mom so much! It's been 7 years now but feels like this week. I smile a lot remembering her dancing. She LOVED music so much and danced like there was no tomorrow! Hugging you and cherishing my memories too.

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2132 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2132 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2020 :  8:27:01 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I can see where you inherited your smile. You are fortunate to have this time with her.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6677 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6677 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2020 :  1:15:45 PM  Show Profile
I love this! It’s so wonderful you get to FaceTime her all the time and that she is able to live with your sister. You have such a sweet family and your mom looks very happy. I agree. Enjoy every moment with your loved ones. This world has many unexpected curve balls.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2020 :  1:30:02 PM  Show Profile
Oh, no, Gracie... You're not silly at all! You love your mother deeply and dearly. That is a BEAUTIFUL thing. And I see you in her eyes and smile. Beautiful.

She is still in there. She just can't connect the dots anymore to reciprocate the way I am sure she would want to. But I'm sure there is part of her that just wants to scream out to you how much she loves you. God bless you. This has to be so, so hard.

No matter what, you can hold onto this Scripture with dear life... It's I Corinthians 13:8...

"Love never fails."

Whenever you get to speak to her or see her, may God bless you all with precious little miracles to carry you through. They're there. Sometimes you will only find them in a still, small voice, or in the quietest moment, but you'll recognize them. She's there, and she loves you deeply and dearly, too. I promise!

You're in my prayers, sister. Always.

Love and hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6513 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6513 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2020 :  1:52:17 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, Grace!! What a beautiful photo of you and your sweet Mom!! I am happy to hear that she is being well cared for at this time. There is nothing better for someone that a home with familiar people around. While it is hard for her to communicate now, she must feel a sense of peace and love. What else can be better!!! I know you love your Mom and there is never a day that goes by that I don't think about my Mom and miss her terribly. Thank-you for sharing!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17017 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17017 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2020 :  7:49:27 PM  Show Profile
Yes, my sister and I gladly share the expense to keep mom out of a facility..

Just before we hang up on face time,, I sing to my mom,, "You are my sunshine".. she goes into a big smile and tries to repeat some of the words and tries to clap her hands along with the song.. that in it self brings me such great joy.....

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2859 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2859 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2020 :  8:35:31 PM  Show Profile
That current pic of your mom exudes love. I am in the same situation, and grab any joy I can.
Hugs
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4712 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4712 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2020 :  04:51:40 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful pictures and memories for your mom Grace. The pandemic does make it difficult to visit with each other, but that is one of the rare blessings of today's technology. My husband's mom lives in southern CA and not doing too well at 87. We FaceTime every week with her and she just loves it. It is a blessing your sister and her husband have your mom home with them. Praying the happy memories will keep being made for all of you.

Dawn in IL

"Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August."
Jenny Han
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17017 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17017 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2020 :  1:08:20 PM  Show Profile
Lisa,, hugz to you to and your journey
Dawn, yes, this Pandemic has made it stressful and difficult.. thank goodness for todays Technology to be able to Face Time...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Mom and Me... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page