Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Fires up and down Western states,,,
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Fires up and down Western states,,, Next Topic
Page: of 2

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16961 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16961 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2020 :  2:42:21 PM  Show Profile
Hugz and prayers to all the people in California who are affected by the fires.. where we use to live, in Coarsegold, just up the road, Oakhurst, Bass Lake and all the small communities around them are on fire.. with both level 2 & 3 Evacs in effect..
My friends son, a firefighter and his crew are exhausted with no resources or help... Shaune said they have not been able to save some homes in the area he is in.. heart breaking...

And today, here in Eastern and Central Wash., we are experiencing 30-50mph winds... Bridgeport and Mansfield are level-3 Evacs.(mandatory Evac). and now more towns have just been upgraded to level-2.(stand-by Evac). From Chelan to Coulee.... pretty scary..
Keep all those, from California up to Washington wrapped in prayers... families, responders and fire fighters, both domestic live stock, pets and wildlife..
Pretty scary...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16961 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16961 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2020 :  2:44:20 PM  Show Profile
Mary Jane Butters,,, hope you all are ok,, I heard the winds were also in the Palouse area..

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2020 :  4:20:55 PM  Show Profile
My heart and prayers definitely going out to everyone affected!!! Its so sad!! Terrible just terrible!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2020 :  4:59:52 PM  Show Profile
These fires are frightening and raging across the West Coast!! My prayers go out to everyone who is affected out there and all the firefighters who are working around the clock to try and save homes and land.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16961 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16961 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2020 :  9:02:23 PM  Show Profile
It's been a bit of a hairy scary day for us..
off and on power,, interrupted cell service,,
We had a fire about 1 1/2mile down the road from us,, but the winds were blowing in the opposite directions which was good for us,, but not for our daughter who was on level-2 Evac... the fire was finally contained and the alert was cancelled,, but my daughter's friend who lives not to far from my daughter, lost her home, barn and car from the fire.. heart breaking.
Then when I heard another fire had started up in Rosalia, about 40 miles from here, I checked on a friends,, just about the time she got Level-3 Evac... sadly they lost their hay barn and hay, all the horse Tack, her husbands work shop,, but their home was saved as were their horses..
In the Western part of WASH., Chelan, Wanatchee surrounding areas were on Level-3 Evac,,, in one town,, the residences could not even get out, they had to hunker down at the High School,,, That whole area is Agri-land, Apples, is one of the major crops... mind you, a lot of the communities are small rural farm/agri land...
The winds were hellacious,, and are still blowing strong,, but not as bad as earlier today.. and... on top of that, we could drop down into the mid 30's tonight.. which means a possible freeze.....
It has been crazy...
Continue to wrap, California and Washington in prayers for relief from the fires.. and pray for all our states that are in need...

Today, gives new meaning to Labor Day.. with all our fire fighters and response personnel and volunteers working tirelessly on the fire lines with little sleep and total exhaustion.
Keep them wrapped in prayers.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2020 :  9:46:02 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Hugs and prayers for you, Grace, your family, and all in the area that is being affected by the wild fires.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2020 :  10:01:03 PM  Show Profile
Prayers continue, dear friend... SO terribly sorry for the loss and the harrowing experience you all are enduring. God bless you all. Please be safe. Love and hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2020 :  11:40:13 PM  Show Profile
We are getting high winds and very smokey skies from the Yakima Fires. It is suppose to go on until 5:00 on Tuesday!
Then the winds are suppose to shift!

Love, Hugs, and Thank You for the Prayers Ladies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4085 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4085 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2020 :  02:15:10 AM  Show Profile
Stay safe everyone, I hope the rains?snow come soon.

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6395 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6395 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2020 :  06:23:33 AM  Show Profile
The the first time since the fires started here in Oregon we can smell the smoke as well. It is a bit windy here on the bay and the smoke is just right.
Stay Safe.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the ocean.” Lord Byron”

Women are Angels, and
when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6395 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6395 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2020 :  06:26:45 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Blessed in Colorado

Today is the first time since the fires started here in Oregon that we can smell the smoke as well. It is a bit windy here on the bay as it is all over so the smoke it is being
blown far and wide. So sad, for everyone and especially in CA. Stay Safe.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon

Women are Angels, and
when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon

Women are Angels, and
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16961 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16961 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2020 :  10:12:26 PM  Show Profile
Debbie,, I just say the map of the Oregon fires... wowzers,, Central Calif., Oregon and Washington are getting slammed...

We spent the day cleaning up broken tree branches and debrie that has blown onto our property... I lost nearly all of my apples and quince.. amazing what 40-50mph winds can do.

My poor garden is trashed.... but, I am grateful... at anytime the winds could have changed direction and we would have been evacuating...

Continued prayers for those who are still in the line of fires, and for those who have lost their homes....

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6395 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6395 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2020 :  11:13:30 PM  Show Profile
Oh today it is terrible, the smoke and the smell worst ever. We have two small fires about 30 minutes away.
It is real bad everywhere. And in Colorado where we lived they got 9” of snow today, so early for snow there.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon

Women are Angels, and
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6395 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6395 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2020 :  11:14:33 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Blessed in Colorado

Oh today it is terrible, the smoke and the smell worst ever. We have two small fires about 30 minutes away.
It is real bad everywhere. And in Colorado where we lived they got 9” of snow today, so early for snow there.
Stay Safe everyone and Beth you and your family stay safe too, I am thinking of you.
Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon

Women are Angels, and

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon

Women are Angels, and
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4708 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4708 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2020 :  04:27:57 AM  Show Profile
Praying for rains to put the fires out and that it will end. Also hoping everyone will be safe.

Dawn in IL

"Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August."
Jenny Han
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2020 :  06:26:29 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Praying for rain and that the firefighters can get the fires out soon. Hugs and prayers for all in the fires paths!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2020 :  11:29:59 AM  Show Profile
Grace -- I'm glad you are safe; I was worrying about you. Fortunately the wind has died down here which hopefully may let the firefighters gain some control over the fires. We haven't seen blue sky in weeks.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2020 :  1:07:06 PM  Show Profile
Grace, we were struck by hurricane like winds on Monday night. It was horrible. I was unable to sleep from how loud the wind was and thinking we would blow away. Luckily the only thing of ours that was damaged was our kids playhouse. But it took me over 2 hours to get to my moms house yesterday which is usually only 40 mins. Many trees were blown over and tons of semis tipped over on the sides of the road. Also many people are without power. We have lost ours a couple times and it comes back on but it’s said that some will be without power for days. And we have cold weather now to boot. I hope everyone is staying safe everywhere. It’s crazy out there.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2020 :  9:02:06 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Please keep Beth:bbarton1980 from Willets, Ca,in prayer. She just left me know she is on evacuation now. How frightening for all of you. I pray a hedge of protection around each of you in harms way. May God sustain and protect you through this difficult time.
My heart goes out to all of you.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2020 :  11:56:45 PM  Show Profile
We are on a County Evacuation Alert..here in Clark County/Vancouver, WA. But it looks like the winds may shift by morning. Right now just really smokey! Please pray for rain for
all the California, Oregon, and Washington Fires!! It is the worst I have ever seen it! We are forcasted for rain next Monday and Tuesday and that will help...but we could use it
sooner and longer!!

Love, Hugs, and thanks for your prayers,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2020 :  05:10:13 AM  Show Profile
Praying for rain for all the areas affected by these fires and for all those who have had to leave their homes. So very frightening. Prayers for all working to get these out. Here on the east coast we are getting drenched and we really don't need more. Flash flood alerts all around. Wish we could send this west. Hugs and prayers for our farmgirls out there too.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/

Edited by - levisgrammy on Sep 10 2020 05:11:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2020 :  08:28:10 AM  Show Profile
Praying for everyones safety and for rains to extinguish these fires. So scary.

Stay safe!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Farm Girl #790

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

https://www.instagram.com/elliefunt_/

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16961 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16961 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2020 :  10:13:03 AM  Show Profile
We got a call last night, my husband's aunt & uncle up in Phoenix Oregon were evacuated.. and sadly they and their neighbors lost their homes to the fires.. fortunately they are all safe.... They have lived in Oregon for over 30 years... so heart breaking for all..... I also read that in Oregon lives have been lost to the ravages of these insiduious fires...
Please continue to keep all the victims in prayers,from these horrible fires that are burning in California, Oregon and Washington..
2020 has been a very challenging and stressful year..
Lets stand together and support one another...
Wrapping all in prayers..

For our MJF sisters in those states,, stay safe... and let us know you are ok...

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on Sep 15 2020 5:03:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6395 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6395 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2020 :  10:16:45 AM  Show Profile
This is all so sad the lives and homes lost. Continued prayers for all.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon

Women are Angels, and
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6747 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6747 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2020 :  10:19:49 AM  Show Profile
Praying

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders & your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2020 :  3:07:43 PM  Show Profile
We currently have 48 active fires going in Oregon with over 3000 firefighters doing their best. Many of our highways have been closed, a few of the smaller towns over the Mckenzie pass (our scenic hwy) have been burned to the ground. Many counties have either been evacuated or on stand by and be ready to evacuate. Even our Portland Metro area, the lake oswego and oregon city areas... I have lived in Oregon for the last 46 years of my life and NEVER have I scene such a thing... I don't even know what to call it. Our skies have been red/orange and the smoke and ash is terrible. Our poor air quality is thru the roof high. And yes, CO, WA and CA are burning up too. Oregon has set up numerous evacuation sites for people to retreat to, many schools and colleges and fairgrounds. Not sure how they are working the social distancing into the evac sites, but I'm sure it's not an easy task. Prayers for all!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Fires up and down Western states,,, Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page