Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Fires up and down Western states,,,
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Fires up and down Western states,,, Next Topic
Page: of 2

billy@5150
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Angie
Tacoma WA
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2020 :  9:33:46 PM  Show Profile
I have been praying since all these fire's started. The Sumner grade fire made it so my parents had to evacuate and my siblings were at the ready. The fire in Graham was the closest to me. But the Sumner grade fire was most stressful for me. I have family who are in Oregon and California where the fire's are still burning. The only thing I've been able to do is pray.
Go to Top of Page

DancesWithHorses
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Betty
Colville WA
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2020 :  11:14:35 PM  Show Profile
Angie, I am on the on the other side of the state on the edge of the Colville National Forest, and we have
fires all around us. Air quality very poor the last several days, and fire crept to less than two miles from
where my horses are pastured. Many people have lost their homes and livestock south of us, it is dreadful
everywhere. Community has rallied though, and it is amazing how many have come together in this time of need
to succor and support. One thing about FarmGirls and Farm Folk everywhere, we know how to take care of our own.
I hope you stay safe in your little corner of the world. - FarmGirl Sister Betty Ann

Betty Ann
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2020 :  11:54:11 PM  Show Profile
It is all very sad and scary. Most of the Firefighters in Northern OR and Southern WA have quit fighting the fires because they are converging together (the Fires I mean).
The smoke is horrific and I have had to wear a mask every time I went out to take the dog to bathroom. I have not worn a mask outside ever...even during the COVID scare.
I had to remove the air-conditioning today to keep the smoke out of the house. Please Keep us all in prayer. If Portland and Vancouver have to evacuate...I don't know where
we would go.

We are in The Lord's Hands,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2857 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2857 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2020 :  07:21:30 AM  Show Profile
Praying, this is so frightening.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2020 :  2:41:42 PM  Show Profile
Yes, continued prayers for all... Between Calif, OR and WA.. these fires are destructive and devastating..
My family , friends and neighbors have been wearing masks since March,, (I have COPD & have never been a smoker).. but today, hubby took our pup to go potty,, and for just the 1/2min to open and close the door, the smoke waffed into the house terribly..
Thank goodness I did my marketing on-line, so hubby was able to dash down for the pick-up.. but again, for the few minutes that the garage was open and closed for the car to pull out and in,, the garage filled up with smoke.
My heart goes out to all who have respitory issues.. my daughter and 1 grand daughter suffer from Asthma and take medication.. so they are really hunkering down in the house.
Hubby said even with his mask he could smell the smoke... in fact he is outside watering my garden for me right now. and will bring me in some fresh tomatoes :>)
In the mean time,, continued prayers for all...

Fires may destroy but helping hands and Hearts Heal....

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2020 :  1:29:50 PM  Show Profile
What is wrong with people???
I was on face book today, only to read a very dark/ugly comment a man wrote.. this is what he wrote...

"I hope all of the people in California, Oregon and Washington burn up in these fires and what is left of them, I hope an earth quake slides them into the ocean"

Oh MY Stars! can a person get any uglier-lower? what a horrible thing to say about human lives, innocent children and loss of homes, not to mention the loss of wildlife..
I wanted to really blast the guy, but chose to not lower myself to his level..
His comment was to another man who didn't share his political agenda..

Have we all lost our minds??? this type of comment is scary to me... in light of people losing loved ones and homes in the wake of these fires.. their hearts are hurting,, and then a fool like that guy makes a comment like that!!!...
How heart breaking,,

Ladies, keep up the prayers for the States on fire, for families and animals displaced, for the Emergency Response personel.. pray for them and pray for a healing heart in our Nation.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

AndreaPA
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Andrea
Factoryville PA
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2020 :  3:25:05 PM  Show Profile
Grace, That person has his own demons to deal with. Whatever his problem is, it really has nothing to do with the people who live in California, Oregon or Washington. Over the summer I made a decision to have FB free weekends because of people like him. There are too many negative people in the world and my weekends are much more pleasant without them.
My heart goes out to those who have lost homes or other property in these fires. I'm praying for everyone out west and for the firefighters working to stop the fires.

Andrea
Farmgirl# 8166
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2020 :  7:00:43 PM  Show Profile
Andrea,, yep,, I too have limited my time on face book.... and stay off for a few days at a time so I can decompress...
I belong to several groups that we meet up and chat around the same time,, which is nice,, my mistake is after the 'visits' I sometime look to see what is going on.. my bad!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9090 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9090 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2020 :  05:49:31 AM  Show Profile
This is a very sad event. I think about all the little animals as well as all those people who are in the path of this.

NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2020 :  12:42:22 PM  Show Profile
So sorry you had to read such hate. In addition to covid and fires, as if that isn't enough, the current political situation has encouraged a lot of wrong behavior. It seems tolerance has gone right out the window. I'm hardly ever on FB anymore, my friend list is confined to family and trusted friends, but the petty stuff still sneaks in.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2020 :  07:46:27 AM  Show Profile
Gracie, darkness in the hearts of men can only be conquered by True Light. People like that need our prayer, as hard as it is. I imagine a life filled with such internal darkness isn't much of a life at all. Dear God rescue him from the darkness and transform him into a beacon of light through which You may be even more clearly seen and greatly known. Amen.

Our prayers go up for everyone affected. We watch the nightly news and can hardly process that this is happening. The people, their homes and businesses, the first responders, the poor animals caught up in this... horrific. Like you said, Nancy... the little animals... I well remember the images from the Australian devastation, where we also have family. All of this makes me weep bitterly. Father God please have mercy and put an end to this terrifying devastation.

My mother still hasn't heard from my aunt or cousin. Going on three weeks now...or is it four? This has been going on for what seems like an eternity to an outsider. I cannot even imagine what it must feel like to everyone in the thick of it. God bless you all. We just pray... and we hope that no news really is good news. I have a package to send to my aunt, but don't even know if there is a destination where it can be received anymore.

Hugs,

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Sep 15 2020 07:52:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2020 :  4:08:27 PM  Show Profile
So true,,, we need a breath of fresh air and tolerance and understanding for each other... not mean vindictive words...

WHile there still is no sun light here and the air is still rank from smoke,, it is slowly getting a bit more breathable..
I checked in again to family and friends in Calif., to check their progress...

Continued prayers for all.. and for the East Coast getting ready to hunker down again from storms...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2020 :  12:45:48 PM  Show Profile
This is awful and each day I worry about the fires and he people who are in those states. So scary and unreal. Hubby has ben fussing about too much rain and I just say----think how much the people out west would love to have it . Ladies---I pray every day for the fires to end. I truly feel the horror of it all. But I can only imagine it---praying for those who are living it.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2020 :  6:08:55 PM  Show Profile
A pipeline for all your extra water would be most welcome :-)

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2020 :  04:22:42 AM  Show Profile
Grace, I only get on Facebook once a day. I've moved over to MeWe. A much nicer place to be. I don't have anything political going through my feed. That man will be ashamed of himself one day. Sooner or later.
I am praying for all those affected by these fires and hurricanes and earthquakes. We had one in northern and central areas of our state. Take care everyone.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2020 :  09:01:34 AM  Show Profile
Glad to hear there is a tiny spot of good news regarding all the fires. I heard on the news that northern Europe is now seeing the changes in their air from the smoke making it across the pond. I keep praying everyone will be safe and that some rain will come to much needed places soon.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2020 :  11:36:32 AM  Show Profile
I just posted this on "Come Sit on the Porch" but thought I would repeat it here . . . .
Relief at last!! The weather station here at Clearwater Farm in the Idaho panhandle tells us that we have had 3/4" of rain since last night coming in from the coastal areas. How welcome is that -- not only for those in harm's way from the raging fires, but for the weary firefighters all throughout the western states and also for those of us who have been suffering from the lingering smoke. Even though I am almost totally deaf without my hearing aid help, there were two thunder claps so loud last night that they woke me up. Can't remember how long it's been since I was soooooo happy to greet stormy weather.
Stay well. Stay safe. Stay strong.
jean
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2020 :  3:01:23 PM  Show Profile
Jean,, yep,, we have some dark clouds,, but they are passing over us, so I don't think we will gat any rain :>(
Bummer.. but still got my fingers crossed,,, eyes and legs too! lol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2020 :  3:04:02 PM  Show Profile
Denise, I have never heard of MeWe.. I will have to check them out.

I completely took a day & a half off from my computer... much needed.. and instead , played (sewing) in my messy craft room,,, very much needed...
I just took a wee break to check my e-mails,, peek in here and make myself a nice cup of tea..
and that being said,, heading back to more sewing mischief...
hugz

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Fires up and down Western states,,, Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page