ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4718 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4718 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2020 :  07:48:44 AM  Show Profile
It is hard to believe 19 years have gone by since that terrible day. My husband lost his cousin, Daria, in one of the twin towers. Daria lived here in Chicago but her company had gone to NYC for a conference. She was the only child who's parents had immigrated to the US from Iran to escape the war with Iraq. Daria, like all the victims of this attack, is still very much loved and missed. Please remember all those who were lost that day and the ones they left behind in your prayers.

Dawn in IL

"By all these lovely tokens September days are here, with summer's best of weather and autumn's best of cheer." Helen Hunt Jackson

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6809 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6809 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2020 :  08:01:02 AM  Show Profile
Dawn thanks for reminding us of the importance of today and that day. I was at a women's Bible class when we got news of the attacks and we gathered in a circle and prayed.

I'm so sorry for your lost. You are the first person I know who lost a love one or friend. Makes it more personal for me when I know someone who still remembers and mourns a lost loved one.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders & your hand over my mouth.

Edited by - YellowRose on Sep 11 2020 08:07:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2020 :  10:50:57 AM  Show Profile
Like December 7, September 11 is ". . . a day that will live in infamy" and we must never forget.
jean
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6447 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6447 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2020 :  10:52:57 AM  Show Profile
Thinking of all the victims and their families today and keeping them in my prayers.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the ocean.” Lord Byron”

Women are Angels, and
when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2020 :  12:05:42 PM  Show Profile
My heart is heavy today as we too remember and will never forget. That dsys events ate etched permanently in my mind.
Dawn, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2020 :  08:16:24 AM  Show Profile
Dawn, I am so, so sorry for your family' s loss, which makes this day even more painful, I am sure.

Our cousin was a first responder up in Shanksvilke. To this day he has difficulty speaking if it. He goes up with his family every year for the memorial.

They say "Never forget," and I am sure most of us never will. But I have to say I have been heart stricken by the lack of memorial documentaries and prayer services on television these past few years. I was thinking, tho, how painful it must be for the families to have it rehashed over and over in the media every year. We don't want to forget, but we want to leave room for the families to heal at their own pace and live life to the fullest possible again. I am sure many of the children, especially, are young adults establishing families of their own by now. It is a fine line that I think we should allow them to lead us through. But in our hearts and home, we remember and pray.

God bless America.

Hugs,

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4718 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4718 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2020 :  4:16:51 PM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone. Our town did a beautiful Memorial Service on the 11th. My youngest son and I went. There were several hundred people who showed up for the service that was on both sides of our riverwalk. The music, singers, and speakers did a superb job.

My son had an assignment from his history teacher (junior in high school) to interview someone about that day and where they were when they heard the news. We chose a friend who was in high school in NYC when the attacks occurred. His classmates, teachers, and faculty members had parents, spouses, family members and friends working in the two towers. He told my son about the confusion and fear everyone felt not knowing if their loved ones were still alive. My son has learned a great deal about that terrible day.

Dawn in IL

"By all these lovely tokens September days are here, with summer's best of weather and autumn's best of cheer." Helen Hunt Jackson
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2020 :  1:21:46 PM  Show Profile
I did remember---although awful to think about. My husbands nephew lives in New York and he could not find his wife---He found her coming down the street all covered in dust and h0w happy they were to find each other. A horrid time for sure and I cannot really imagine it. God bless all who were affected. I often think of the pain the families had to go through.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Remembering 9/11 Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page