Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Holiday Wine Bottle Dress **** PARTNERS POSTED
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Holiday Wine Bottle Dress **** PARTNERS POSTED Next Topic
Page: of 3

BeckyT
True Blue Farmgirl

170 Posts

Rebecca
Byhalia Ms
USA
170 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2020 :  1:43:05 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Jill!

Trust Jesus

Farm girl 5171
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2020 :  10:47:09 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
UPDATE: Of course, the USPO has changed delivery to tomorrow. GRRRR!
It arrived at the Deary PO at 10 this morning. So you have to wait another day.

Jean - your bottle's "dress" is supposed to arrive today - according to the tracking info the PO gave me when I sent it. Hope it does and you like it!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Nov 23 2020 10:59:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2020 :  11:26:16 AM  Show Profile
Hey Linda . . .
My DH has to brave the snow and take a stack of stuff to the P.O. Taco Truck for me after while (they close for lunch). If it's there, they will probably give it to him . . . we'll see. Still working on yours. Every time I think I'm done, I think of something else to do to it. Plus I have a little companion "tuck" that I need to finish up to go with it. So I'll probably be sending it on the deadline date . . . Santa's crackin' that whip on me . . .
hugs,
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2020 :  11:42:43 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
No rush, Jean! I had yours done, except for the adding of something to it, so I went ahead and sent it so you could enjoy it. LOL!

That would be nice if they would let him pick it up.

LOL! What in the world is a PO Taco Truck? Do they deliver your mail in a taco truck? LMAO

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Nov 23 2020 11:44:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2020 :  12:02:26 PM  Show Profile
Several months ago I did a post about our Post Office Taco Truck telling how over a year ago now the building they were in was deemed unfit for use. So the Deary "mail angels" have been working out of this Taco Truck for over a year now. This will be their second winter dealing with it not to mention the disgruntled customers. As I said before, it's not their fault and they have handled the unfairness of it all with grace and good humor. I'm so thankful for them.
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2020 :  1:27:03 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
With their good humor too bad they couldn't have a Good Humor truck instead. LOL! That is different, for sure. I'll bet if there are a lot of packages that could really be a problem getting them all in the truck, especially at this time of the year! Do they have a secure place to leave everything at night?

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2020 :  1:34:02 PM  Show Profile
DH just home from the Taco Truck. Apparently this storm has resulted in a significant delay of the mail truck arriving from Moscow. So the mail hasn't actually even arrived in Deary yet. When it does, it will then all have to be sorted for delivery. They said it would probably be evening before we got our mail today. So I may see it yet.
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2020 :  1:35:38 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Oh, boy! Take care and stay warm!!! TTYL

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Go to Top of Page

BeckyT
True Blue Farmgirl

170 Posts

Rebecca
Byhalia Ms
USA
170 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2020 :  2:32:07 PM  Show Profile
oh Jill , I received my box today! I loove everything!! Thank you so much.

Trust Jesus

Farm girl 5171
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2020 :  11:11:21 PM  Show Profile
hey Ida,, your package went into the Post today,,,, according to the tracking # you should receive it 11/28.
HoHoHo!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2020 :  5:21:05 PM  Show Profile
Woo Hoo. My adorable Santa all bundled up for winter and ready to host a bottle of Merlot arrived today from Linda. He is too, too adorable. And he came with some delightful goodies too. Tomorrow when the light is better I will post a photo. But I must ask you, YellowRose, what are the two little red "thingies" on ribbons pray tell?

I spent all day today tearing away stabilizer from the wine dress I am making for Linda. I had forgotton what a chore that can be when the embroidery is intricate. Took me all day, but it's done. DH just brought me my Vitamin C "fix", three fresh squeezed oranges with a wee tad of my favorite Texas Tito's vodka to help sooth me after this chore. Everything will get put together tomorrow but will probably not make it to the Post Office taco truck until Friday.

Big Farmgirl hugs and best wishes y'all for a Happy Thanksgiving . . . . well as happy as it can be in sucky 2020.
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2020 :  5:42:57 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Jean -

WOO HOO! I am glad you like your gnome Santa and goodies. The 2 red "thingees", as you call them, are so you can hold a plate of goodies and not have to hold your wine glass. They are Wine Glass "saddles" that hang around your neck and hold a glass of wine. They are best used when you are standing, not when sitting down; also not when dancing unless you want to really make a mess. LOL! I thought I would make them in Christmas fabrics for the holidays. I gave a couple to Grace earlier this year. Did the plates arrive whole? I was a little worried about them making the trip without cracking up. LOL!

BTW: I am not YellowRose, I am Quiltee - YellowRose is Sara LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2020 :  6:51:24 PM  Show Profile
Jean,, add a little 'Galliono' (sp) with tha OJ and Vodka and I'll be right over! lol! = H.W.B.

Yeppers, Linda made a couple of wine glass totes for mr.. I have one in each trailer,, because,, it's nice to have your hands free for the appetizers... oh and FYI... if you par-take in red wine,, don't fill your glass so full.... I know of that which I speak!! lol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2020 :  7:04:54 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
LOL! Yep - don't want to dance too much and slosh the red wine out. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2020 :  10:48:13 PM  Show Profile
Ida,,, I went to the Post today to pick up my mail... and received your box...
OMGeepers! I love all the goodies and the bottle bag..
I will post photos tomorrow,,
Thank you again...
Happy Turkey Day...
>^..^<

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2020 :  1:00:06 PM  Show Profile
OK,, finally got my photos down loaded,, and ,, Drum Roll please....drrrrrmmmmm

Oh My Stars! I Luv my Gnome wine bottle tote... Thank you Ida for it and all the goodies...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2020 :  1:42:04 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Cute gnome, Ida and Grace. You can see Jean's gnome as soon as she posts pics. Love this swap idea.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Nov 27 2020 2:06:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ida Jane Rooney
True Blue Farmgirl

176 Posts

Ida
ORANGE CA
USA
176 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2020 :  8:16:45 PM  Show Profile
The mail lady delivered a surprise for me again today. I received Grace's festive Wine Bottle Dress along with two plate and two cup rugs, a matching mask and a patch of embroidered snow peeps that I can use in a future project. Happy Ho, Ho, Ho to you too Grace and many thanks for being my partner for this delightful swap.

Wannabee
"Anyone who thinks they are too small to make a difference has never met the honey bee."

Edited by - Ida Jane Rooney on Dec 02 2020 5:08:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2020 :  4:24:44 PM  Show Profile
Well, what is it "they" say . . . better late than never . . . life kinda got in the way the last couple of weeks, so I am a tad late getting your Wine Bottle Dress sent off to you, Linda. I hope you'll forgive and that it will be worth waiting for. Box is ready for DH to take to the Post Office taco truck tomorrow. I'm sending it Priority and hoping you'll get it by Saturday.
And then . . . photo also late . . . drum roll please . . . would you look at this adorable Gnome bag Linda made for me along with a couple of fun wine glass saddles and the cutest dang snack plates that have a special holder for stemmed wine glasses. Everything is just too darned cute for words. Thank you so much Linda. jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2020 :  8:11:30 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I'm so happy you like the Gnome bag and included items, Jean. I am not worried about you being late - I was early. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2020 :  12:09:45 PM  Show Profile
Hey Linda -- Thanks again for the adorable gnome and the accompanying goodies. I loved everything. Tracking says your wine dress was delivered a few days ago. Please let me know if you didn't get it and I'll try to find out who did and make you another. Hope you are having a happy holiday season . . . well as happy as can be expected under the circumstances.
Farmgirl hugs,
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2020 :  12:48:31 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
WOO HOO! I received the Wine Dress from you Friday or Saturday - can't remember which. I love love it! Perfect. I love the Christmas fabric you used and the Merry Christmas embroidered on both sides. And you added a candy cane on fron and back to coordinate with the fabric.

I also love the other goodies you made - wine glass coasters, wine glass markers, a wine bottle Stopper, and a felt embroidered trivet to set the wine bottle on. Everything is beautiful. And ... my favorite is the beautiful Christmas Spider you made, her cushion, and you send the story of the Christmas Spider. I love it so much! Thank you again.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Dec 07 2020 12:49:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2020 :  3:22:12 PM  Show Profile
Oh my Gosh!,,, Linda,, Jean made you such a cute wine bottle dress...
I am more than happy to make the sacrifice and drink a bottle of wine for you so you can 'lend' me that dress to put on the empty bottle!!!

lolol! Snorks-n-giggles!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

sheridan126
True Blue Farmgirl

245 Posts

Jill
Dana Point CA
USA
245 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2020 :  07:28:17 AM  Show Profile
Rebecca, thank you!!! I received your adorable wine bag yesterday, I just love the fabric you used, and I especially love that I can carry two bottles in it! I will be very popular wherever I go, for sure! :) Thank you also for the goodies you sent along with it: the Christmas-y mug is on my desk already, and the chocolates disappeared almost immediately! The snow globe mini ornaments and mailbox, plus your sweet card, made this all such a treat, thank you for your thoughtful and generous gifts!!

Jill
Farmgirl Sister 7889

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -e.e. cummings
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2020 :  7:24:30 PM  Show Profile
So Jill,, 2 bottles, huh!.. one for you and one to share... heeheehee! just sayin'

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Holiday Wine Bottle Dress **** PARTNERS POSTED Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page