Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 covid 19 is rounding the corner
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic covid 19 is rounding the corner Next Topic  

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2020 :  08:36:06 AM  Show Profile
Did anybody see the funny cartoon in the paper about covid rounding the corner? I cut it out an put it on my fridge. It shows a couple on the street and the grim reaper is rounding the corner. So true. Stay safe ladies and I like to se a little humor in bad situations. I see very little humor in all this, Wear masks and stay safe. Love to all of you.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2020 :  11:01:35 AM  Show Profile
Very true. We haven't learned how to control it yet and are refusing to take advice from the scientists. I read this morning that Taiwan has achieved 200 days with no new virus cases while here in the US we are approaching 1000 a day.
Stay home and wear a mask if you have to go out.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2020 :  11:53:04 AM  Show Profile
My best friend and her husband got it a few weeks ago. She was a non believer but now says it's real. Luckily she and her diabetic husband made it through the first week but it was rough. Shes now lost sense of taste and smell. The virus isnt anything to sneeze at, sorry for the pun. But like the flu, keep your immune system ramped up, follow precautionary measures such as infection control and social distancing. If your older and immune compromised take extra precautions or stay at home. It affects every one differently. I think we can all agree stay healthy and use your senses. Just dont get caught up in being overly reactive of either side. The stress is worseon you than anything else! We are all destined for death, we just try to be sensible about it. :)

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2020 :  1:27:33 PM  Show Profile
We actually received alerts on our phones today (the kind like amber alerts) telling us that Covid 19 is rapidly spreading in the state of Utah and we have record cases. It also said our hospitals are now overwhelmed. It’s so crazy and heartbreaking to hear all this going on in our world. So anything funny at this time can really ease the stress on everyone. I know I’m always looking for a good laugh.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2020 :  2:38:38 PM  Show Profile
Ladies---WV was doing so good about the virus---and then in May every one had to go to Myrtle Beach and brought it in here. I know people who have just went to the beach this last week. My cousins in Ohio got it from a person going into work sick---we know friends who refuse to wear a mask. I do not understand not wearing a mask. I am ashamed of WV---so many people with out a mask---will never understand. This is truly scary' We have got to protect our family and others. Children can get it too---how awful to lose a child to this. This will pass---God bless us all this winter,----praying for all to keep well. We just all need to stay and not travel. People that can't put their life on hold a little while are just being selfish. I hate all this too---no fun for sure---but when this is gone we will all be wiser and more able to deal with bad things, What doesn't kill you makes you stronger as the old saying goes. God bless all of you and keep you safe---praying for you Krista and your beautiful children.

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2020 :  2:40:33 PM  Show Profile
Our schools are shutting down. I go in with my mask on everywhere but there are SO MANY NOT wearing their masks, even with our numbers going up! Why? Ugh

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2020 :  2:55:02 PM  Show Profile
I do not understand at all. A good friend I talk to still does not believe in the virus. I am willing to put my life on hold until this is over---and still I understand that people need to work---it is just so sad. I worry so about people who are hungry and maybe going to be homeless. Bad times---but God will see us through.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2020 :  3:32:53 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
We wear our masks when we go to all stores, whether the store requires it or not. Our grocery stores DO require a mask, which is good. We have gone into restaurants where the waitresses do not wear a mask or they wear it under their nose; we do not go back there. We have also seen restaurants where the cooks do not wear masks. Amazing how people are acting rergarding masks.

Some European countries have locked down again, and it looks like the US might be headed in the same direction if people do not adhere to the distance and mask requirements.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2020 :  09:32:59 AM  Show Profile
So true about masks under the nose---I see so many people do this. I wear glasses and sometimes they make my mask fog up---a pain for sure. We were watching South Park last week and they were making fun of people wearing them on their chin---they called them chin diapers. Then on Alaska---the Last Frontier show Otto said---Better six feet apart then six feet under. So true. Our governor is begging people to wear their masks and a lot of people do----but still too many without.

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic covid 19 is rounding the corner Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page