Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 How do you get a husband to make coffee?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic How do you get a husband to make coffee? Next Topic  

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2020 :  5:05:04 PM  Show Profile
We grind our coffee using a hand grinder from the 50’s and perk in a percolator. My husbnd ALWAYS brings me my first cup of coffee in the morning. So sweet. But how do you get him to make the coffee? By buying a bag of gingerbread coffee! He hates it so he tries to beat me to the pot the night before, lol!

Really, it is good if yoiu only use a scoop mixed with regular plain coffee. Our local grocery store sells it. They make that at Christmas, Pumpkn spice at Halloween, and the best Cherry Chocolate at Valentines.

Are you a flavored coffee lover or a no way, only plain? How do you drink yours? I drink mine unsweetened, very light with almond milk and a splash of skim milk.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155
Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
Chapter Leader, CT Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, Jan. 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blog
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger

isewbernina
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Kathy
Salina KS
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2020 :  6:18:58 PM  Show Profile
[navy][/navy
I love Breakfast Blend, brewed in my Keurig and when finished I love Peppermint Mocha coffeemate to top it off! I love peppermint iced tea and peppermint cocoa. And I grow peppermint in case I can't find.
Kathy

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” — Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4100 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4100 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2020 :  02:44:43 AM  Show Profile
haha I like my coffee plain, with honey and cream. I grind my beans and put in a reusable keurig pod. My husband likes flavored. We each make our own coffee. I am up alot earlier then he is. lol

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2020 :  04:50:10 AM  Show Profile
Oh Kathy, girl after my own heart. I grow and use peppermint also but not all the time. During christmas I love the almond peppermint creamer in my coffee ( Tony's from Wa. State). I do love coffee and teas but the acide from.the coffee hurts my tummy so I've ordered Lifeboost which is supposed to be very alkaline! We shall see! It is one of my Christmas presents to me! Hubs like his german coffee! Black!:)

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6791 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6791 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2020 :  06:34:37 AM  Show Profile
Like Diana I have to be careful with what coffee I drink. I order Stok cold brew coffee from Aldi. I prefer heavy cream and tsp of raw sugar but Aldi has been out of cream for over a month so I use Friendly Farms sweet cream coffee creamer. It doesn't have that overly sweet taste.

Sara
FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders & your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2020 :  06:46:53 AM  Show Profile
I love dark roast coffee like Sumatra, Italian roast, and most of the single origins. LavAzza, Kiliminjaro, is also a favorite of mine. I only use plain half and half as I don't like sweet coffee. In the Fall, I do enjoy one store's Pumpkin Spice, but I only use it half with my regular blend. My biggest problem is getting good Decaf coffee which I need to drink. Starbuck's makes Sumatra in a decaf and Peets, Major Dickason, and Seattle's Best Decaf are my everyday coffees. Only on occasion do I drink one cup of regular or make a cup of half decaf and half regular. Sadly, the caffeine gets to me if I drink regular on a daily basis.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2020 :  2:21:38 PM  Show Profile
As crazy as it sounds I only like iced coffee or Frappuccinos. And the iced coffee has to be vanilla or caramel flavored. I have never been a huge coffee drinker but those are my go to!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2020 :  3:51:48 PM  Show Profile
Kathy and Diana, my daughter is like you both. She LOVES mint. I grow mint in my herb garden. I like to mix it with arugula, garbanzos, and cherry tomatoes for a salad in the summer. She loves mint tea, mint gum, mint ice cream and mint coffee if we can find the non dairy one.

On a day to day basis, we only drink organic coffee. I prefer light roasts as my stomach will hurt if I drink too much of a dark roast. My late aunt LOVED Starbucks, and every year sent a package of Christmas blend. I have not had any since she passed, but whenever I see a Starbucks I think of her.

Winnie, do you have a Target nearby? I found a really good decaf organic coffee there. I am also wanting to try the coffee from MaryJanesFarm! Next order I place, I will try it. I love to try new coffees. I am more coffee than tea girl (but love tea, too).

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155
Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
Chapter Leader, CT Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, Jan. 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blog
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic How do you get a husband to make coffee? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page