Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 RE-READ -- Feed Sack Project 2021
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic RE-READ -- Feed Sack Project 2021 Next Topic
Page: of 9

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  12:43:43 PM  Show Profile
Absolutely, Joan . . . that is if your North Carolina post office will cooperate. You seem to be having more trouble with mail than anywhere else. Sorry 'bout that. In the meantime, please send me your mailing address and selection choice by private email. The next batch of feed sacks are going out tomorrow. Thank you so much for playing with us.
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  12:56:21 PM  Show Profile
Jean, you are definitely right about the mail here in North Carolina. I cannot believe it is not straightened out since the election over almost two months ago! I'm praying 2021 will be much better. Thanks for letting me join!

Joan P.
Farmgirl Sister #8056

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth." - William W. Purkey

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phillippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

Pizzarita
True Blue Farmgirl

228 Posts

Rita
Monroeville NJ
USA
228 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  4:04:34 PM  Show Profile
Please sign me up. I would like to try this great swap. Thanks

Rita
Farmgirl Sister #6110
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  5:58:50 PM  Show Profile
You are in, Rita . . . Welcome. Please see my private email to you re your selection.
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2020 :  1:07:10 PM  Show Profile
Once again, our dear MARY JANE COMES TO THE RESCUE. Early during the pandemic, she supplied me with ample elastic to keep me mask making until my mail order arrived. Now Mother Hen nurtures her flock once again and has generously offered to provide more feed sacks from her stash of dress print ones. The response to the Feed Sack Project swap has been so awesome that I am down to one feed sack left. So all sign-ups coming in now will receive a “surprise” one selected from her stash . . . how fun is that? Thank you. Thank you dear Mary Jane.

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2020 :  5:11:08 PM  Show Profile
May I please have a sack? I'd love to join this swap!!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag

Edited by - nndairy on Dec 28 2020 5:15:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2020 :  6:11:31 PM  Show Profile
Hello Heather -- You're in. Your feed sack will be a surprise one. I saw your post in the Stitching and Crafting Room. This could be a perfect swap to get your feet wet on learning some quilting skills. . . . Pot Holders are perfect beginner quilter projects. Of course, there are so many things that can be made from feed sacks that certainly don't require any quilting at all. Glad you are joining us .Don't forget to send me your mailing address using the private email link in my profile.
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking

Edited by - JeanP on Dec 28 2020 6:14:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2020 :  6:28:19 PM  Show Profile
I sent you a message as soon as I posted my entry. If you didn't get it let me know. Sometimes there's a message monster that eats messages before they get delivered LOL!!!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2020 :  7:32:04 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I got my feed sack on Saturday, Jean. This will be fun! Now to decide what to make. And I will send you the postage it cost to send my fabric; I don't want you to have to pay for sending all of the fabrics out. Thank you. Now to get creative.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2020 :  9:28:42 PM  Show Profile
ok, feed sack received, ironed, cut, sewed...
It was my last project to do before heading back to Palm Springs, California.. Good by Snow .. Hello Sunshine!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2020 :  11:01:40 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
So you finished your project - already??? You over-achiever, you.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2020 :  12:03:40 PM  Show Profile
Dear Linda -- NO NO on sending postage -- I've got this covered. But that was very thoughtful of you to offer.

I've been reading "Feedsack Secrets: Fashion from Hard Times" by Gloria Nixon and wanted to share this quote with all of you.

"The depression saying, “Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without!” took on new meaning during World War II. Instead of having little money to purchase available products, the consumer was more often in the situation of having the cash but no product to purchase. It became a challenge to find yard goods. To help us understand what that was like, Nell Scoggins of Sequoyah County, Oklahoma, would like to share her story:

'I was just a young girl when the war started and remember what we went through to buy a few yards of cotton. Before then, we could buy fabric any time but that changed and we had to wait until a shipment came in, then stand in line to buy it. We had gotten news that one of the stores would have fabric on a certain day and I knew how important it was to be there. We lived about ten miles from town and rode back and forth on the mail bus that went from Bunch to Sallisaw, so I made plans to get up early and take the bus to my aunt’s house in town. When I walked to the store, the line was out the door and around the corner. I waited and waited for what must have been three hours before my turn came. We were allowed only four yards with no choice of print or color. It was take it or do without. I took it. I can’t recall the design, or if it was red, blue or another color. The color didn’t matter. The important thing was the cloth.'"

jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2020 :  1:04:38 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Interesting story, Jean. Thanks for sharing.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2020 :  5:28:08 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for sharing that, Jean. Let's hope it doesn't come to that for us.

I would like to share that when I was between 6 yrs to 9 yrs old, I would go with my Nannie to Wilson Feed & Seed in Richmond, VA, so she could pick out the feed sacks she wanted for whatever seeds Papa & my Uncle Junnie were buying. She made me short sets, pjs & dresses as well as all kinds of things for her. Sadly, I only have three dish towels she made from some of those feed sacks. I treasure them.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the year.

Joan P.
Farmgirl Sister #8056

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth." - William W. Purkey

Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2020 :  01:00:25 AM  Show Profile
How precious to have those three dish towels, Joan. If it's convenient post pix of them. I'm sure we'd all love to see them. Thanks for sharing your memories . . . very special.
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2020 :  2:15:27 PM  Show Profile
Oh Joan! That sounds so wonderful! I would have loved to have some of these special sewn items my mom made for us girls while growing up!!
Jean, THANK YOU THANK YOU! I got my feed sack and my brain is like a spinning wheel trying to decide on 4 different creative ideas! I like to create outside the box so I hope that's ok!! You'll be the first to see! You are so sweet to do this swap! I love it! Hapoy New Year!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2020 :  3:23:48 PM  Show Profile
Jean & Dianna, thank you for your sweet comments. Once I get my computer back, I will post a picture of one of the dish towels. I do wish I had kept some of the other items, but moving too many times over the years, things get lost.....

Joan P.
Farmgirl Sister #8056

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2020 :  7:00:07 PM  Show Profile
Mine is cut out. Pinned and ready to see! Loved the fabric & design Jean!! Thank you again!!:)

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro

Edited by - suny58 on Jan 02 2021 7:03:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2021 :  6:57:28 PM  Show Profile
Hey there Feed Sack Project swappers. Please let me know when you receive your feed sacks so I don't have post office nightmares. So far, I have heard from Grace, Gail, Linda, Dianna, and Heather. Thanks so much . . . and save your scraps . . . wink, wink. If you're reading this and you haven't already signed up -- just a few more days. Sign ups through January 5 and partners posted January 6.
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2021 :  7:03:09 PM  Show Profile
Oh Jean! I am as almost done!! So fun!! I tan put of trim so have to go to HL for more on monday. Mine will be finished by Friday! I hope my partner will like it! I made an extra for the hostess also! My scraps are saved however I was going to make a couple of scrappy flowers out of them. Should I wait?? Thank you again for hosting this swap! The fabric choice was great!! :)

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

isewbernina
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Kathy
Salina KS
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2021 :  7:42:17 PM  Show Profile
My lovely feedsack arrived this afternoon and what a delight it is! Now what to do, what to do, what to do with it. I have a good idea what I am going to make with this. And tomorrow I will start on this project.
Thank you Jean for sharing.
Kathy

“Kindness is Free, Sprinkle that Stuff Everywhere.”
Go to Top of Page

sheridan126
True Blue Farmgirl

245 Posts

Jill
Dana Point CA
USA
245 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2021 :  11:22:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jean! I received my feed sack fabric, it's adorable! I hope i can do it justice! Thank you again for doing this swap, so fun!!

Jill
Farmgirl Sister 7889

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -e.e. cummings
Go to Top of Page

Quiltwright
True Blue Farmgirl

346 Posts

Cristy
LAKE HAVASU CITY AZ
USA
346 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2021 :  04:59:39 AM  Show Profile
I love, love, love the feedsack I received. It is going to be so fun creating with it. Thank you Jean!

Enjoying the day
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2021 :  05:11:17 AM  Show Profile
Hey Jean.... Not really sure what I’m gonna do with a feed sack...But I do know I will hand sew mt project in keeping with the era.

I would love to participate..... so if you have room for one more...please include me.

Mary

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2021 :  10:14:00 AM  Show Profile
Peeking in,, got a few min on the hotspot,, Sew exciting to see the results from all our feed sack...
I have a ton of trips to make to the P.O.,, dropping stuff off,, hope I don't get side tract and buy... !!! lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic RE-READ -- Feed Sack Project 2021 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page