suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2021 :  3:15:05 PM  Show Profile
Oh Vanessa, that is the cutest basket AND doggy!!!!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2021 :  3:28:23 PM  Show Profile
Sew cute is that basket and doggie. I got to digging through my scrap basket and decided to cut out a bunch of circles for Katmom as a welcome home present for her when she gets back from So. Calif. Anyway, I fired up my electronic GO cutter and in no time I had a huge stack of circles for her. Maybe I'll have to break down and learn how to make yoyo's. That's the good news . . . the bad news?? My scrap basket doesn't look like it's gotten any smaller, and I cut out a LOT of circles.
Are any of you taking the Scrap Challenge for February to make something for yourself or someone you care about? I am just about finished with a valentine postcard for DH. I think he'll like it. Will post a pix when it's done.
There seemed to be enough interest to keep Scrap Happy going for a while. So, I will be posting a March/April Scrap Happy soon. Be watching for it.
hugs from rainy Idaho,
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2021 :  4:08:49 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn, you are very welcome!!

Love that clever basket and pin cushion made from scraps. Farmgirls are always so creative!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2021 :  6:28:37 PM  Show Profile
I'm glad you liked them. I'm thinking of making either the basket or dog for the children of my nieces and nephew. The dog was fun to make, but the tight turns were fiddley, so it may be the basket for all of the kids.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754

Edited by - Audra Rose on Feb 04 2021 6:29:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2021 :  5:17:01 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Joan -

Tracking says your package was delivered. I hope you got it?

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2021 :  8:47:22 PM  Show Profile
Winnie Tuesday you should have your little scrappy package.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2021 :  07:56:38 AM  Show Profile

Linda, I received your package: 2 pot savers, a mask & a zippered bag. Everything is wonderful! Thank you so much!

I am mailing your package tomorrow. Hope you will enjoy them.

Joan P.
Farmgirl Sister #8056

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth." - William W. Purkey

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phillippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2021 :  09:41:09 AM  Show Profile
Sherry - I'm so glad you liked everything. I had so many ideas it was hard to pick one LOL! As I was going through my tea stash to pick some out for you I thought "I should make something for these." I'm happy you liked the little envelope I came up with. I'll keep an eye out for your package and let you know when it gets here.

Jean - this was a fun swap and I have a few projects on my ironing board right now. I'll post some pictures when they're done. Looking forward to the next scrappy swap :)

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2021 :  09:18:59 AM  Show Profile
They are all so nice, so different! Such a fun swap! Darlene, you've gotten your package by now I pray? If not I'll track it and find out where it is for you!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2021 :  09:59:54 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Joan -

I'm so happy you like everything. I love the pot savers - they have helped save scratching my pans.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2021 :  4:34:44 PM  Show Profile
WooHoo, USPS delivered my scrap swap from Marilyn today!! Marilyn, I always love how you come up with all sorts of fun things and include some fabric scraps as well!! my swap included this adorable plastic bag holder made with Parisian themed fabric that also included this cute ruffle around the top with all sorts of darling charms. Too cute! Next was a scrap potholder pad for hot pans in so many pretty fun colors. Just perfect to keep by the stove on my counter. There was also a fun heart scrap of fabric which is perfect for future projects since I don't have any Valentine fabric. Lastly, was one of the Dutch Stoop Waffles which you place over a hot cup of tea or coffee to warm up the waffle with the caramel inside. about 6 years ago, I had the privilege to visiting the Netherlands where I found these stoop waffles everywhere . In farmer's markets, they have a couple of vendors making them fresh in a variety of sizes and sometimes with a choice of fillings. I was hooked after enjoying the first one and it has been awhile since I have had any. Occasionally I see them in the store too. If you have never tried them, you will enjoy these sweet treats with your favorite hot cup of tea or coffee. Thank-you Marilyn for such a fun swap. I loved everything!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2021 :  1:32:07 PM  Show Profile
Sherry - what an amazing package you sent me!!!! I LOVE everything!!!!
Look at all these goodies:

These fabric envelopes are amazing and they're filled with paper goodies:

There's a drying mat, tissue cover (with a pack of tissues inside), an adorable chicken bag, some cute teacup cards, lots of paper craft goodies, look at this little bee book:

a finger pincushion:

And look at this amazing little decoration:

There are so many treasures sewn into it!! I would never think to make something like this but now I can't wait to try. I know my mother in law would love something like this.

Thank you so much for such a wonderful swap!! You really spoiled me!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2021 :  1:45:40 PM  Show Profile
Oh my . . . what a treasure trove. I'm going to download and enlarge the photos so I can see more detail. I have a jar full of wooden spools. Now I have a wonderful inspiration for what to do with them. Simply wonderful, wonderful!! Sherry, do you have a pattern for the fabric envelopes? I am in a twice yearly handmade envelope swap and they would be great for it.
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2021 :  7:07:20 PM  Show Profile
Heather I'm so glad you received the package. I had such fun making all your goodies. My mind was on overload trying to figure out what to make. The wooden spool tassel, you will need to make the hole in the middle bigger. I had my hubby drill it out for me. Twice.
Jean, the fabric envelopes, you just find a size envelope you like and open it out flat and I used some of my fabric from the 10 inch fabric swap or whatever you have. I used mod podge to paint on the fabric. Let it dry and then turn it over and paint the other side. Let dry, then trace and cute out the envelope. Decorate however you like. I have made several and they are fun and different. Enjoy girls. The fabric stamp on the envelope is one of my favorite things.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2021 :  10:07:27 AM  Show Profile
Great Swaps! Love being inspired by each of you. This is going to be a fun year

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

"There's no place like home"
Isn't the love of Jesus something wonderful!
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2021 :  1:12:49 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Sherry -

I have made envelopes out of pretty napkins, and you have to peel the two layers of the napkin and only use the decorated side. Then I ironed the napkin to freezer paper to strengthen. I wonder if the freezer paper would work with the fabric? I think that is how you can put fabric through a printer, too?

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2280 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2280 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2021 :  7:28:41 PM  Show Profile
So many fun packages. Sherry always make the most unique, fun things.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2021 :  07:58:19 AM  Show Profile
Absolutely gorgeous Sherry!! Incredibly creative!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2021 :  3:22:26 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Dianna, I absolutely love the Owl on the stick from the beaver! Healing for my head! LoL! The heart is in my Bowl. It will stay there all year. The bookmark is beautiful. I don’t know how you do it! I love it. The candy and cookies, yummy! Thanks for being my terrific swap partner and friend.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2021 :  10:23:42 AM  Show Profile

Guess what I picked up from the po this morning?? Thank you SO MUCH Darlene!! I'm in love with my pin cushion and adorable buttons pinned on! Love the 2 mug rugs, snowman ornament and yummy goodies as well!!! I wish I could sew as well as some of you ladies!! Thank you for repurpising scraps and paper!! You know I'm all about repurpising!!!
Thank you as well Jean for hosting such a fun swap my dear!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna

Edited by - suny58 on Feb 16 2021 10:27:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2021 :  3:34:25 PM  Show Profile
Awe shucks . . . even though we weren't Scrap Happy partners, Julie (TreeLady) sent me this wonderful bag which is just perfect for my little laptop. Thanks sew much -- Beautiful workmanship Julie.

Are we ready for another Scrap Happy for March/April?

Farmgirl hugs,
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2021 :  4:40:05 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
That is a cute bag, Jean.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2021 :  12:56:14 PM  Show Profile
Welll, I am sew proud of all you Scrap Happy Farmgirls. You made some delightful things from your scrap baskets. I hope you took the challenge and made yourselves or someone special in your life a scrappy treat in February. Shall we try this again? I am kicking around a couple of new twists for a March/April "Scrap Happy" swap/challenge. Let me hear your thoughts . . .
Farmgirl hugs,
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2021 :  1:37:15 PM  Show Profile
Julie, I have almost finished and it will take some time before I am done with the edging. Please be patient.

Marie
Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2021 :  2:58:45 PM  Show Profile
Julie, that bag is so cute, Jean what a surprise for you. Dianna love the mug rug with the small squares. That fabric would make some really cute fabric letter stamps.
You girls did a great job with all you made with your scraps. I'm up for another scrap swap. Thanks Jean.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Scrap Happy Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page